League 2 Relegation fight

Southend fail to win their next two at home to Walsall and away at Harrogate then I think that’s us about there, if we win at our favourite away ground results wise next Sat then it certainly is done and dusted.

Good performance, tired at the end last ten but dug in and now have a free week to recover and hopefully with Pope back we can push on and end any worries in the next 2-3 games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have 90 shots on goal and they could be down to 8 men and Alan Buckley would trip over his laces and head the ball into the goal from 30 yards and we’d lose 1-0 .......may have something to d

I did mate, I also described Bolton as horrific.  What I'm saying is since we beat Southend we have 2 points and they have 7 albeit from one more game. You only have to look at Fulham. Newca

Grimsby still have to play Tranmere, Salford, Cheltenham, Bradford, Bolton, Exeter and Cambridge AND still have to make 10 points up on us Barrow still have to play Cheltenham, Newport, Exeter tw

Posted Images

I think Tuesday’s fixtures will have a big bearing: Southend v Walsall and Barrow v Grimsby. If the bottom two lose, they’ll need an incredible run to survive especially as they’ve consistently been unable to win back to back games all season.

14 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

The question now is are we happy getting another 4 or 5 points to keep us up and finish 21st or do we want to end the season well and finish say around 15th place.

Top half please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Wonder if we can put a run together and get back to 8th again?

And have the frustrations of missing out on the play offs by one place?

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

And have the frustrations of missing out on the play offs by one place?

‘Twas a tongue in cheek comment, however a strong finish would rebuild confidence in the fan base and help boost / maintain season ticket sales

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

‘Twas a tongue in cheek comment, however a strong finish would rebuild confidence in the fan base and help boost / maintain season ticket sales

I would be happy with the frustration as long as it determines which players to keep or let go.

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I would be happy with the frustration as long as it determines which players to keep or let go.

I get that as well Fosse, however don’t think DC is the type to be fooled by short term upturn. He already seemed to have a good knowledge of our squad when first appointed.

I would expect he already had players in mind whilst at the Saddlers, and can look for an upgrade on thos3 targets now he has a better budget at his disposal.

16 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

Oldham and Scunny winning at HT to but a bit of space over us. And Colchester beating Tranmere. Thank goodness for them last two results 

2-2 Colchester now............

Advert:

Things going our way so far southend are battering walsall but I'm sure they will be down to 10 men after a shocking tackle so that might stop them winning

After watching walsall tonight I'm not that worried they are awful if anyone is going to get caught it will be them. A couple more wins and we should be safe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

not too bad really - Grimsby won, but they dont worry me given the points difference

I felt Barrows run was a bit flukey 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, dishydave said:

After watching walsall tonight I'm not that worried they are awful if anyone is going to get caught it will be them. A couple more wins and we should be safe

That spooned free header from the free kick at the end was the moment. Southend actually looked pretty decent in their build up play but like us, nothing up front. Smallsall looked dreadful. 

Meltdown on the Walsall socials.

They've not won since Clarke left them in 11th place. Obviously, he was about to be sacked anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Meltdown on the Walsall socials.

They've not won since Clarke left them in 11th place. Obviously, he was about to be sacked anyway.

State of Vale 🤣 paying us 🤣 compo 🤣 for him 🤣

curb your enthusiasm etc etc.

• Haha 1