League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

22 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

‘Twas a tongue in cheek comment, however a strong finish would rebuild confidence in the fan base and help boost / maintain season ticket sales

I would be happy with the frustration as long as it determines which players to keep or let go.

Advert:

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

I would be happy with the frustration as long as it determines which players to keep or let go.

I get that as well Fosse, however don’t think DC is the type to be fooled by short term upturn. He already seemed to have a good knowledge of our squad when first appointed.

I would expect he already had players in mind whilst at the Saddlers, and can look for an upgrade on thos3 targets now he has a better budget at his disposal.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, dishydave said:

After watching walsall tonight I'm not that worried they are awful if anyone is going to get caught it will be them. A couple more wins and we should be safe

That spooned free header from the free kick at the end was the moment. Southend actually looked pretty decent in their build up play but like us, nothing up front. Smallsall looked dreadful. 

Advert:

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Meltdown on the Walsall socials.

They've not won since Clarke left them in 11th place. Obviously, he was about to be sacked anyway.

State of Vale 🤣 paying us 🤣 compo 🤣 for him 🤣

curb your enthusiasm etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

State of Vale 🤣 paying us 🤣 compo 🤣 for him 🤣

curb your enthusiasm etc etc.

Apparently Chris Turner, ex Vale Sales and Marketing Manager, is their new DoF???

Last DoF job was at Chesterfield, where he was made redundant after overseeing the assembly of the squad that led to consecutive relegations out of the football league. 

They think Pimlott is killing the club but Clarke was also a fraud with his top half finishes and whatnot. 

Advert:

Unfortunately Southends incompetence in the box + Sam Hart getting binned tonight has probably just about seen Smallsall safe barring a miracle. The gap is pretty big, and Colchester are a rapidly accelerating brick. 

I will deem that acceptable on the basis that they are our first home game in August in front of a packed out VP, and that they get relegated next year instead of now. Smallsall away with Clarke in the dug out and Vale on three sides of the ground has phenomenal potential for mirth tbf. 

14 minutes ago, Doha said:

Unfortunately Southends incompetence in the box + Sam Hart getting binned tonight has probably just about seen Smallsall safe barring a miracle. The gap is pretty big, and Colchester are a rapidly accelerating brick. 

I will deem that acceptable on the basis that they are our first home game in August in front of a packed out VP, and that they get relegated next year instead of now. Smallsall away with Clarke in the dug out and Vale on three sides of the ground has phenomenal potential for mirth tbf. 

Relegation would be sweeter, but finishing above them would still be sweet.

Archived