League 2 Relegation fight

2 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

I agree. Southend and Grimsby had to win today. Ok we lost but it was a tough home fixture, I think because of our pitch, we will pick points up away from home. We have scoring problems but out of the bottom six only Barrow scored. I am not fully confident, but I expect Vale to stay up

With all respect mate it's hardly like we are Holland 1974 , the pitch is the same for both teams. 

Advert:

Market is suspended because of the late Grimsby v Colchester game.
Oddschecker had BetVictor offering 10/1, but when you click into it is shows as suspended so couldn't actually place the bet.
Interested to see what odds they'll offer when it reopens. I'd guess around 8/1 or 9/1.
Either way I'm lumping more on.

Hope you don’t cash in on the team you support getting relegated to non league....

Advert:

Advert:

Walsall fan here in peace.  I genuinely fear for both of us this season and that is down one man - DC.  He's left us with the poorest Walsall team I can remember and spent most weeks picking names and formations out of a hat.  We now have his long time assistant who's spent years learning all the poor managemnent decisions from him and now we don't look like scoring.  Ever.  By the sounds of it, you are in a similar position - poor players with a manager who blames everyone else for everything - players, fans, tea lady.  He is not a manager who can get the best out of or improve bang average or worse League 2 players.  His last 14 matches in charge of Walsall / Vale - 0 wins.  And not many goals.  Honestly, we weren't at all sorry and bitter when we were trying to tell you about him.  For both our sakes let's hope the teams below us are even worse than us.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I see Evatt was critical of our pitch today in his after match interview.

Jack, I seem to remember Spurs being critical of our pitch. I think it was Sproson who made some comment about having to dig up the ref from the previous game. We should be used to playing on it unlike the opposition, so it should be our strength. Was Evatt critical of our performance.?

Advert:

12 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

So he calls it the end of a tough run of fixtures and he knew it would be scrappy. I’ll take that as a compliment. Strange how our manager slates our players. Flitcroft I hear is a friend who was at the club before Clarke so would be able to fill him in on the players at our club. He just runs them down battering any morale into the ground. If they’re that bad why did he bother coming and it corroborates exactly what the Walsall fans were saying about him. I think he is our problem and is using the players to mask his own failings. He’s supposed to motivate and get the best of the players, anything derogatory is for him and a player not the media . Does he think he’s Mourinho, because he isn’t and his players after a couple of seasons throw him under the bus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

So he calls it the end of a tough run of fixtures and he knew it would be scrappy. I’ll take that as a compliment. Strange how our manager slates our players. Flitcroft I hear is a friend who was at the club before Clarke so would be able to fill him in on the players at our club. He just runs them down battering any morale into the ground. If they’re that bad why did he bother coming and it corroborates exactly what the Walsall fans were saying about him. I think he is our problem and is using the players to mask his own failings. He’s supposed to motivate and get the best of the players, anything derogatory is for him and a player not the media . Does he think he’s Mourinho, because he isn’t and his players after a couple of seasons throw him under the bus.

He can only work with what Askey left him. An unhappy rebellious squad, with a terrible injury record. Clarke has been here less than 4 weeks. Our terrible run goes back to October 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tommytunstall said:

He can only work with what Askey left him. An unhappy rebellious squad, with a terrible injury record. Clarke has been here less than 4 weeks. Our terrible run goes back to October 

That’s true and I agree. I don’t want to hear it though. As they say in management praise in public, criticise in private. As much as I agree about JA‘s signings being extremely poor, who was sanctioning these signings.?