onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

25 minutes ago, mikey said:

We can and will win - there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

Barrow will finish above us. They've won 3 of their last 6 now.

Only us, Walsall and Carlisle haven't won in the last 6.

Grimsby and Southend have taken more points in the last 6 than us!

I’m afraid I see pessimism as well. The signs mirror those of our last relegation season; complete inability to score, even when tighten up defensively we end up conceding from a screamer or real bad luck, losing multiple big players at key points, lack of new manager bounce after starting the season on fire with a manager seemingly out of step with the reality of our predicament, psychology there is increasing pressure on us as we slip closer to the trap door leading to even more nervous performances etc.

I’m glad people saw positives from Oldham, but the fact remains on paper that was one of our easier games and for all our dominance we still failed to score. If we can’t score in a game like that, when will we? 

It goes without saying that I hope I’m wrong!! C’mon Vale, I want to be eating a massive of humble pie at the end of the season.

7 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Walsall are bang in the mix now, so are Colchester. We just need that one win to catch them. With our better players back I’m confident. KTF fellow Valiants.  

Would that be the better players that have done such a fantastic job this season, I’m confused prof 🥸 Could you explain ? 

Who are we supposed to beat of our remaining 12 games?

Bolton (H) - won 7 of last 8. Nailed on defeat tomorrow.

Newport (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Colchester (A) - Port Vale Benevolent Society will gift Colchester 3 points

Crawley (A) - Potentially winnable? Not really with anything to play for. Draw.

Exeter (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Harrogate (A) - We never do well against these types of teams (small ground, players always up for it). Defeat.

Morecambe (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Carlisle (A) - In worse form than us currently, but they'll likely have picked up by then. Draw.

Barrow (A) - See Harrogate. Defeat.

Bradford (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Grimsby (A) - Potentially winnable. They are awful, but the Port Vale Benevolent Society might be out again. 

Mansfield (H) - Potentially winnable if they have nothing to play for and can't be bothered. 

I honestly think we won't have won a game by the time we play Grimsby. Our run in is horrific.

42 minutes ago, mikey said:

We can and will win - there are at least 3 teams worse than us.

47 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I'll have whatever you're having!

I wish I was more optimistic. I'm honestly convinced we're going down. 

WE CAN'T WIN!

Lump on mate. Skybet have us at 9/1. Easy money when you're that sure

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Who are we supposed to beat of our remaining 12 games?

Bolton (H) - won 7 of last 8. Nailed on defeat tomorrow.

Newport (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Colchester (A) - Port Vale Benevolent Society will gift Colchester 3 points

Crawley (A) - Potentially winnable? Not really with anything to play for. Draw.

Exeter (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Harrogate (A) - We never do well against these types of teams (small ground, players always up for it). Defeat.

Morecambe (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Carlisle (A) - In worse form than us currently, but they'll likely have picked up by then. Draw.

Barrow (A) - See Harrogate. Defeat.

Bradford (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Grimsby (A) - Potentially winnable. They are awful, but the Port Vale Benevolent Society might be out again. 

Mansfield (H) - Potentially winnable if they have nothing to play for and can't be bothered. 

I honestly think we won't have won a game by the time we play Grimsby. Our run in is horrific.

Blimey, I thought I was becoming pessimistic, but your post makes me look positively upbeat! I know where you're coming from but I  feel sure we'll pick up more points than the meagre crop you're predicting. At least I hope so!

4 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Just seen the Barrow result and checked the league table. I’m very worried as Barrow have played less games. I think I’m at the point where I’d rather not hear the next six results.

Don’t worry,  although the last 12 games will be as painful as the previous 34 the season is nearly over !!!! 😂

Archived