League 2 Relegation fight

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Have you thought to look at the fixtures of the teams below and around us? It's not easy for them, either, and there's nothing to suggest they will all start to pick up points that they haven't up to yet?

Yes I have.

Grimsby need a miracle. 

Southend have far better fixtures than us and have shown they can get shock results out of the blue.

Barrow have just won 3 in 5 . 

You have put a confused face on my post where I put we are in huge trouble. 

I'm not sure what's confusing ? 

We've failed to score in our last 3 homes, indeed have only scored in 2 of our last 6 . No wins in 7 and basically since December have beaten Grimsby and Southend. 

If that's not being in huge trouble I don't know what is 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Bad result tonight. Barrow will be above us. I fancy it’s between us colchester and Southend to go down with Grimsby. Need a win tomorrow 

Grimsby v Colchester today. A draw would be perfect or do we want a Colchester win because that surely would finish Grimsby and only leave one place ? 

35 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Grimsby v Colchester today. A draw would be perfect or do we want a Colchester win because that surely would finish Grimsby and only leave one place ? 

Would a Grimsby win be a bad thing? It would keep another team down there and give us another chance in the permutation.

• Like 1

Even though it won't have any affect on the outcome of any teams games
I've had the same thought but grimsby play walsall soon and they are giving away points so the last thing we need is them getting a couple of wins in the next few games. It's all down to us to get the points unfortunately our form over the last 4 months says we wont.

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Would a Grimsby win be a bad thing? It would keep another team down there and give us another chance in the permutation.

I guess any of the 3 results aren't disastrous. 

I'm certainly targeting next Saturday as an away win at Colchester. 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I guess any of the 3 results aren't disastrous. 

I'm certainly targeting next Saturday as an away win at Colchester. 

Yes massive 6 pointer next week.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yeah draw or Grimsby win for me. I think they’re gone so a win for them should affect us much. Could do with colchester getting dragged right into it then a massive 6 pointer against us

Advert:

19 minutes ago, barny61 said:

Sky bets final predicted league table looks interesting, better order some more toilet rolls ! 😂😂Screenshot_20210313-092709_Opera.thumb.jpg.2c9ae9782e9bff14b8549d0f6e4ac1e8.jpg

Wow they have us safe by 12 points !! 

I don't know why I'm so worried 😂

Time will tell but Barrow wasn’t my main worry, Southend was and this pulls Walsall in to the equation, Colchester and Grimsby draw today please!

The situation changes quickly and more twists and turns to come, all depressed now but a shock result against Bolton and we could be 9 (effectively 10) clear of Southend and up above Colchester and Walsall in a few hours and the situation looks good for us and we head into the next two games knowing 4 points will have us close to what we probably need.

Big game today but still over 1/4 of the season to go and it’s in our hands.

• Like 1

I know I've been more guilty than most in analysing what's happening to the teams around us, but it really only should be about us picking up some wins and then the other clubs' results don't matter!  Let's hope that the energy and attacking thrust from Tuesday can be maintained (or even built upon) with some clinical finishing this time around. Come on the lads!

• Like 1

Advert:

On 10/03/2021 at 12:59, geoff1 said:

🤪

can we have an assistant managers assistant assisting the assistant groundsmans assistant? get a grip carol!

17 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Think how the bottom teams are performing IF we could 3 wins could well be enough 

glad your confused! my work is done😉

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I have.

Grimsby need a miracle. 

Southend have far better fixtures than us and have shown they can get shock results out of the blue.

Barrow have just won 3 in 5 . 

You have put a confused face on my post where I put we are in huge trouble. 

I'm not sure what's confusing ? 

We've failed to score in our last 3 homes, indeed have only scored in 2 of our last 6 . No wins in 7 and basically since December have beaten Grimsby and Southend. 

If that's not being in huge trouble I don't know what is 

We're in a fight, certainly. But I'm confident that we will get enough points to stay up. I wouldn't be thinking that if I were a Colchester / Southend / Barrow fan. I guess, as individuals, we are each able to decide how bad we think the situation is? I don't see all those teams below us / around us picking up sufficient points to put us in the bottom 2.  

• Like 1