onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

20 minutes ago, philmpv said:

All I care about is that we're now definitely out of it. We only need 5 points to be certain and that's presuming that both Southend and Grimsby win all of their games

More chance of the playoffs than being relegated. We are closer to the PLs than a relegation zone. 

On 07/04/2021 at 08:16, TJHValiant said:

More chance of the playoffs than being relegated. We are closer to the PLs than a relegation zone. 

Need to rely on our run continuing and 5 or 6 teams above having terrible runs, but a giant step over  the last 5 games. Thankful to be looking up than over our shoulders.

There are rumours of a league 2 club going bust which would help 1 of the bottom 2

Reading between the lines It could be Colchester United which would explain them hiring in house and getting rid of players to promote youngsters.

Allegedly a club with £30 million debt and Price of Football had their total losses of £31 million which is crazy money at this level.

image.thumb.png.cb442a9596285bc3743605c827b8c7c7.png

I'd be very worried as a L2 club owing £26m to creditors.

This was from 2020 too so another season without fans and the £30m looks plausible.

If those creditors decided to call their debts in, and force Colchester to pay up (which they couldn't), then they would indeed be in administration.

It seems they're being propped up by a parent company, Aspire Media Group.

image.png.94b71aab121f4ffb12edebca7ca3d42a.png

Without delving further, I don't know who these creditors are. If they are just the parent company then they could write the debt off.

I feel for the fans, they don't deserve this. And how on Earth does a L2 club spend £30m?! Unless you're Salford of course.

image.thumb.png.cb442a9596285bc3743605c827b8c7c7.png
I'd be very worried as a L2 club owing £26m to creditors.
This was from 2020 too so another season without fans and the £30m looks plausible.
If those creditors decided to call their debts in, and force Colchester to pay up (which they couldn't), then they would indeed be in administration.
It seems they're being propped up by a parent company, Aspire Media Group.
image.png.94b71aab121f4ffb12edebca7ca3d42a.png
Without delving further, I don't know who these creditors are. If they are just the parent company then they could write the debt off.
I feel for the fans, they don't deserve this. And how on Earth does a L2 club spend £30m?! Unless you're Salford of course.

Apparently it’s the owner who the debt is too.

Colchester had to be in big trouble to sack John McGreal and release their best players.
Sounded like the owner wouldn't or couldn't pay to keep the club going as a League Two club

The debt is to him but of course his company funding it could be in trouble and a knock on I guess.

Archived