onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

13 hours ago, dishydave said:
20 hours ago, valefan79 said:
Remember going Walsall around 93/94 season when we must have taken over 3500, took the Police and Wrexham by surprise that day, sure the away end was completely rammed and they ended up moving home fans to another stand to accommodate all the Vale fans.

Great day out that was they had to put extra trains on as we all met up at longport and just seamed to pick up more and more vale fans every stop then by the time we got to Chester I think it was. There were to many of us.

You must be mistaken there  Dave, surely the train wouldn’t go via Chester to Walsall from Stoke, maybe Stafford.

Advert

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

Agree with the Walsall and Stoke hatred...but me and kids always hated the Baggies!!! Probably since they were hurling bricks at us one time?

I remember that, coming through the external exit of the stand and the builders had just left bricks lying around that were there for the renovation.  It was a pretty tense few mins trying to get out of the concourse with bricks being lobbed in.  

44 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

I remember that, coming through the external exit of the stand and the builders had just left bricks lying around that were there for the renovation.  It was a pretty tense few mins trying to get out of the concourse with bricks being lobbed in.  

I love how we Brits naturally understate things! "...it was a pretty tense few mins..." hahaha!!! It certainly was - were (ahem) bricking it!!! 

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

I've never seen a proper Potteries Derby

I feel sorry for you. The 1st one I went to was when we played in 89 at the old Victoria Ground. It's still one of the best football atmospheres I have ever witnessed. The build up and anticipation to the match was amazing. It was before seating so you had to get in early to find a spot, this resulted in the ground being pretty full a good 20 mins before the match. No music played back then so fans just sang at each other which really created a huge excitement as part of the build up. Still makes the hairs on my neck stand up thinking about it. 

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

I feel sorry for you. The 1st one I went to was when we played in 89 at the old Victoria Ground. It's still one of the best football atmospheres I have ever witnessed. The build up and anticipation to the match was amazing. It was before seating so you had to get in early to find a spot, this resulted in the ground being pretty full a good 20 mins before the match. No music played back then so fans just sang at each other which really created a huge excitement as part of the build up. Still makes the hairs on my neck stand up thinking about it. 

I think that was the 1st one that I went to.  I think it was the 1st for a very long time.  I remember when Earle scored the sound was so loud it was distorted in my ears.  I also remember watching one game from in the Stoke Paddock, I remember us taking the lead and just watching that whole Vale end erupt in ecstasy was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, just a shame I couldn't enjoy it (but I like my teeth too much).

I think that was the 1st one that I went to.  I think it was the 1st for a very long time.  I remember when Earle scored the sound was so loud it was distorted in my ears.  I also remember watching one game from in the Stoke Paddock, I remember us taking the lead and just watching that whole Vale end erupt in ecstasy was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, just a shame I couldn't enjoy it (but I like my teeth too much).
About 30 years since the previous one, and I don't think the Vic had been full for a league game for a few years either. So a new experience for most under 40s.

Grimsby have a horrific run of games now against teams in the top 8-9 so they should be gone as a threat you’d think.

Southend is a little worry but Colchester 1 win in 22 or something. Probably done enough now but another few points should be achievable to ensure.

Would be nice to get over 50 points to be honest!

Archived