onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

39 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

obviously the infamous game at their place in 2003 

Was that the one where the Police NPAS helicopter had to get called out as it was like Black Hawk Down outside?

I have a distant memory of standing on a terrace at Wrexham roughly around that era but I think it might have been a bit earlier than 2003. Think we had a home kit on.

Advert

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

Was that the one where the Police NPAS helicopter had to get called out as it was like Black Hawk Down outside?

I have a distant memory of standing on a terrace at Wrexham roughly around that era but I think it might have been a bit earlier than 2003. Think we had a home kit on.

That's the one. Speaking to a Wrexham fan a few years a go in Hamburg. He said "last time I was this close to a Vale fan, I was throwing a plant pot at him". 😃

1 minute ago, Mellor! said:

That's the one. Speaking to a Wrexham fan a few years a go in Hamburg. He said "last time I was this close to a Vale fan, I was throwing a plant pot at him". 😃

I don't think the village Heddlu had seen anything like it before. Fans jumping over fences and getting filled in in gardens springs to mind. 

If a miracle happens and they ever escape non-league that'll be a dead cert for a cat A Sunday midday kickoff that one. 

24 minutes ago, Doha said:

Remember going Walsall around 93/94 season when we must have taken over 3500, took the Police and Wrexham by surprise that day, sure the away end was completely rammed and they ended up moving home fans to another stand to accommodate all the Vale fans.

Dunno why people hate on Forest Green Rovers for being a non-traditional/new club serving vegan food and having solar panels when traditional old clubs like Barrow are signing strikers with taxpayer cash.

They signed Calvin Andrew yesterday

Just googled that 2003 Wrexham game. A load of fans on both sides actually went to prison afterwards 

It was chaos, we were top of the league so a huge following, went 1-0 up and as we liked to do away that season though we bottled it and they equalised but then the referee gave a penalty that was about 6 foot outside the area for their winner and disallowed a late equaliser so that just seemed to make the atmosphere even more tense.

I was only about 18 at the time and travelled up on the train, never seen anything like it after, was a bit unnerving.

Remember going Walsall around 93/94 season when we must have taken over 3500, took the Police and Wrexham by surprise that day, sure the away end was completely rammed and they ended up moving home fans to another stand to accommodate all the Vale fans.
Great day out that was they had to put extra trains on as we all met up at longport and just seamed to pick up more and more vale fans every stop then by the time we got to Chester I think it was. There were to many of us.

This division is a void of atmosphere and excitement.

Therefore, I'm all for the whipping up of animosity.

If the online sparring between Vale and Saddlers fans makes Vale v Walsall a bit spicy next season, a game with a proper atmosphere and something to look forward to, then great.

We can all hate Stoke as much as we want but bar a fluke cup draw we're not playing them within the next decade. I had no feelings for Walsall but this Clarke affair has given it a bit of kick.

Our problem with Walsall was that we never beat them. We went something close to 70 years without winning there before we did so in 2013. Fellows Park was an absolute pig hole and their fans all talked funny. Also they had that diving little cheat Alan Buckley who should have been shot at birth. 

Interesting to see a completely different view point from the older generation. 
I can’t understand how Chester, Wrexham and Shrewsbury could ever be more of a rival to us than Stoke?

Because we didn’t play Stoke for years compared to these other clubs

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Our problem with Walsall was that we never beat them. We went something close to 70 years without winning there before we did so in 2013. Fellows Park was an absolute pig hole and their fans all talked funny. Also they had that diving little cheat Alan Buckley who should have been shot at birth. 

They did talk funny, I can remember them chanting. We hate Vile and we hate Vile.

Archived