onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

Vale will go down if we continue to get the same type of results obtained since Clarke became manager. For Vale to stay up something(s) has/have to change, whether it be Clarke finds the right tactics/formation which suits the players he has available to improve results, some of the injured players return and results improve or Vale start to get the run of the ball, etc etc

I still believe Vale have enough quality in the squad to keep us in Lge 2 but we have a tinkerman as manager and it's whether he can solve the puzzle and find the right blend of players/tactics. He's been in this position before with Bristol Rovers so he should have a decent idea of what to do and what not to do.

Walsall fan here in peace.  I genuinely fear for both of us this season and that is down one man - DC.  He's left us with the poorest Walsall team I can remember and spent most weeks picking names and formations out of a hat.  We now have his long time assistant who's spent years learning all the poor managemnent decisions from him and now we don't look like scoring.  Ever.  By the sounds of it, you are in a similar position - poor players with a manager who blames everyone else for everything - players, fans, tea lady.  He is not a manager who can get the best out of or improve bang average or worse League 2 players.  His last 14 matches in charge of Walsall / Vale - 0 wins.  And not many goals.  Honestly, we weren't at all sorry and bitter when we were trying to tell you about him.  For both our sakes let's hope the teams below us are even worse than us.

He started with excuses at Vale almost immediately. Seems very good at saying what people want to hear, probably how he managed to get the job at Vale.

Guest Vale at home
4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

👍

Well said. Vale s Luck as to change some time . And vale get a Sloppy Goal or rebound of someone. Up the Vale . 

22 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

No, he said it was their best win of the season. 

Best win of the season because .....

Terrible pitch, terrible weather, scrappy opposition that fights.

Wish we were more than that and dont rely on the pitch and weather to help us get a point.

We need to be a lot more than that to save us

7 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The four we have lost were against 3 of the top six and Salford. We lost by one goal in each case. We’re not getting walloped  like we were against an out of form Mansfield. In their 7 games Barrow have played one of the top six - Bolton - which they lost.

And our next game is against another top six team.

How many people on here predicted anything but a loss yesterday?  How many thought we would stop Doyle having a kick?  How many thought they would win with a fluke - one of only two shots they had on target?

We need a win without any shadow of a doubt but we also need a little good fortune - a miss kick going in like their goal yesterday would be a nice start!

Do agree to some extent but as you quote their manager previously i will add that the pitch and the weather had more to do with stopping Bolton than we did.

Wish Conlon had sliced his shot, it may have gone in. We lost to a fluke goal and we are desperate for some luck.

You do agree that luck does play a big part in the final position a team finishes in

5 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What we think on here and what actually happens are two totally different things.  Everyone thought we would get hammered when we went to Bolton but look what happened.  What I find annoying is when folk on here predict we will lose - like they did against Bolton yesterday - yet go barmy when it happens and can't understand why we did exactly what they expected us to do.

I think we'll beat Newport.  They struggled to beat us down there even when we went down to 10 men.  They won at Morecambe yesterday but only after the home team had gone down to 10 men after half an hour.  We are due a flukey goal and an away sending off.  You heard it here first!

Lets hope we have lots of luck.

We are due some.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

I don't think we are bigger than those clubs or Notts County.

Wrexham,Stockport,Chesterfield,Notts County....

My 50 years have seen us compete with all the above and have regular battles almost yearly. We are all in the same bracket for clubs,support,teams etc and they are all our level competition

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Do agree to some extent but as you quote their manager previously i will add that the pitch and the weather had more to do with stopping Bolton than we did.

Wish Conlon had sliced his shot, it may have gone in. We lost to a fluke goal and we are desperate for some luck.

You do agree that luck does play a big part in the final position a team finishes in

Luck plays a part. I remember Everton staying up years ago when the ref didn’t give a goal they conceded against Bolton when the ball crossed the line. The same thing happened  with the Villa last season when Sheff Utd’s “goal” wasn’t given because the tech had broken down. 

Wrexham,Stockport,Chesterfield,Notts County....
My 50 years have seen us compete with all the above and have regular battles almost yearly. We are all in the same bracket for clubs,support,teams etc and they are all our level competition
You can add Darlington, Torquay, Aldershot, Hereford, Chester and more to that list.
I never understand this "We are a bigger club than them" tripe.
We are where we are for a reason and so are they.
Years and years of mismanagement and lack of investment, poor recruitment etc keep teams like ours down in the lower leagues.
Carol seems to understand this and is putting in funds and recruiting the sort of personnel that hopefully can alter our course.
It may take time, it will take time but I believe we are on the right tracks and look forward to seeing us competing at the higher levels of league football in the not too distant future.
UTV

On 13/03/2021 at 19:57, Sid said:

Walsall fan here in peace.  I genuinely fear for both of us this season and that is down one man - DC.  He's left us with the poorest Walsall team I can remember and spent most weeks picking names and formations out of a hat.  We now have his long time assistant who's spent years learning all the poor managemnent decisions from him and now we don't look like scoring.  Ever.  By the sounds of it, you are in a similar position - poor players with a manager who blames everyone else for everything - players, fans, tea lady.  He is not a manager who can get the best out of or improve bang average or worse League 2 players.  His last 14 matches in charge of Walsall / Vale - 0 wins.  And not many goals.  Honestly, we weren't at all sorry and bitter when we were trying to tell you about him.  For both our sakes let's hope the teams below us are even worse than us.

Worrying times for both of us as I said.  This season may be the season that one manger dragged 2 teams into a relegation dogfight.

Archived