onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

13 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

So as Darren said earlier there’s no point tuning in on Tuesday against Newport cos they’re in the top 6 and we can’t expect to beat them 

What we think on here and what actually happens are two totally different things.  Everyone thought we would get hammered when we went to Bolton but look what happened.  What I find annoying is when folk on here predict we will lose - like they did against Bolton yesterday - yet go barmy when it happens and can't understand why we did exactly what they expected us to do.

I think we'll beat Newport.  They struggled to beat us down there even when we went down to 10 men.  They won at Morecambe yesterday but only after the home team had gone down to 10 men after half an hour.  We are due a flukey goal and an away sending off.  You heard it here first!

Advert

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What we think on here and what actually happens are two totally different things.  Everyone thought we would get hammered when we went to Bolton but look what happened.  What I find annoying is when folk on here predict we will lose - like they did against Bolton yesterday - yet go barmy when it happens and can't understand why we did exactly what they expected us to do.

I think we'll beat Newport.  They struggled to beat us down there even when we went down to 10 men.  They won at Morecambe yesterday but only after the home team had gone down to 10 men after half an hour.  We are due a flukey goal and an away sending off.  You heard it here first!

Ok fair enough and I also think we’ll win Tuesday night with a little bit a luck 

Yes some teams have bounced back but clubs on a similar to us, some maybe bigger have not.  Wrexham have not, Stockport went even lower down before coming back up a league, Notts County and Chesterfield been there 2 or 3 years and don't look like coming back.  I remember Luton taking 3 or 4 years to get back, Lincoln were down there 5 or 6 years, these are bigger clubs than the Vale, they were averaging 5 or 6 thousand in non league, don't think we would be capable of doing that.  We have to stay up, dropping down is just unthinkable.  If we did go down, it would be a massive ask to get back up early, lots of ex league clubs there and with only 1 automatic spot, it is so hard to go straight back up.
You are right though Clarke does need time, he was left an awful unfit squad and for me 90% of it needs going.  I still think if we can somewhow stay up, I think we can have a successful season next year, teams have had massive changes in close season and then been successful in recent years.  I remember last year Ainsworth saying he had 8/9 players on the first day of pre-season and then going up.  Barnsley somehow stayed up in the last minute of last year and now in the play-offs, Cambridge in the automatics after a poor season and Morecambe who finished 22nd last year in the play-offs, it can be done.
Bigger clubs than vale you lost me when you got to that comment.

23 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
4 hours ago, valefan79 said:
Yes some teams have bounced back but clubs on a similar to us, some maybe bigger have not.  Wrexham have not, Stockport went even lower down before coming back up a league, Notts County and Chesterfield been there 2 or 3 years and don't look like coming back.  I remember Luton taking 3 or 4 years to get back, Lincoln were down there 5 or 6 years, these are bigger clubs than the Vale, they were averaging 5 or 6 thousand in non league, don't think we would be capable of doing that.  We have to stay up, dropping down is just unthinkable.  If we did go down, it would be a massive ask to get back up early, lots of ex league clubs there and with only 1 automatic spot, it is so hard to go straight back up.
You are right though Clarke does need time, he was left an awful unfit squad and for me 90% of it needs going.  I still think if we can somewhow stay up, I think we can have a successful season next year, teams have had massive changes in close season and then been successful in recent years.  I remember last year Ainsworth saying he had 8/9 players on the first day of pre-season and then going up.  Barnsley somehow stayed up in the last minute of last year and now in the play-offs, Cambridge in the automatics after a poor season and Morecambe who finished 22nd last year in the play-offs, it can be done.

Bigger clubs than vale you lost me when you got to that comment.

You think we are bigger than some of those teams that have struggled then.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

😴

1 minute ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
22 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield Lincoln. Indefinitely we are bigger.

We have a bigger away support than all of those, no doubt about that but at home I don't think so.  I certainly think if we were mid-table in the National League we would struggle get 4000, these teams were getting that and more.  Back in 2017/2018 when Chesterfield went down, having been bottom all year, they averaged 5500 near,ly we averaged just over 4500.

I hate 'bigger' discussions. Criteria often used are 'size of grounds' and 'history', even if the ground is 80% empty or the club hasn't achieved anything since the mid 1950s. 

We've been in the bottom 6 of professional football for three out of four years. We're, as it stands, as small as it gets in the EFL. 

The FA Cup run of 1954 or the fact you can socially distance at Vale Park with every ST holder in attendance won't change anything if we go down.

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Has any opposition player been sent off against vale this season? 

1 hour ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield Lincoln. Indefinitely we are bigger.

I don't think we are bigger than those clubs or Notts County.

Guest Vale at home

I'll say again, no one on here thought we would. 

Come on the Vale . 3 points please . Keeping Going . 

Newport are no Bolton.

At this rate I think Bolton are nailed on for top 3 and could quite easily win the league.

Newport are hit and miss, lost some key players that caused them to drop heavily and they’re not the team they were at the start.

No game is easy for a team that can’t score goals, but we should be getting at them like we did against Oldham.

we will win on Tuesday.

Archived