onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

39 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Jack, I seem to remember Spurs being critical of our pitch. I think it was Sproson who made some comment about having to dig up the ref from the previous game. We should be used to playing on it unlike the opposition, so it should be our strength. Was Evatt critical of our performance.?

No, he said it was their best win of the season. 

Advert

Since we appointed Clarke 

Vale 0-3-4 ( 3 points ) 

Colchester 1-2-5 ( 5 points )

Barrow 3-0-4 ( 9 points )

Southend 1-4-3 ( 7 points )

Grimsby 1-2-3 ( 5 points ) 

So in reality despite nobody apart from Barrow pulling up any trees they have all at least won once and gradually gaining on us . 

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Since we appointed Clarke 

Vale 0-3-4 ( 3 points ) 

Colchester 1-2-5 ( 5 points )

Barrow 3-0-4 ( 9 points )

Southend 1-4-3 ( 7 points )

Grimsby 1-2-3 ( 5 points ) 

So in reality despite nobody apart from Barrow pulling up any trees they have all at least won once and gradually gaining on us . 

The four we have lost were against 3 of the top six and Salford. We lost by one goal in each case. We’re not getting walloped  like we were against an out of form Mansfield. In their 7 games Barrow have played one of the top six - Bolton - which they lost.

And our next game is against another top six team.

How many people on here predicted anything but a loss yesterday?  How many thought we would stop Doyle having a kick?  How many thought they would win with a fluke - one of only two shots they had on target?

We need a win without any shadow of a doubt but we also need a little good fortune - a miss kick going in like their goal yesterday would be a nice start!

All eyes are on the Colchester game for me... I will happily join the “we are down” brigade if we lose that game.

Get a draw against Newport and a win at Colchester and things start to look different. 

Colchester's run in is shockingly tough... just like the run of fixtures we have just had and have now finished.

3 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

It is bad. I do think some Vale fans love the drama. I hope we stay up if not I think we'll bounce back plenty have done. Luton seem alright.

The performance was ok and there is room for improvement. I think Clarke need time and his own players.

Yes some teams have bounced back but clubs on a similar to us, some maybe bigger have not.  Wrexham have not, Stockport went even lower down before coming back up a league, Notts County and Chesterfield been there 2 or 3 years and don't look like coming back.  I remember Luton taking 3 or 4 years to get back, Lincoln were down there 5 or 6 years, these are bigger clubs than the Vale, they were averaging 5 or 6 thousand in non league, don't think we would be capable of doing that.  We have to stay up, dropping down is just unthinkable.  If we did go down, it would be a massive ask to get back up early, lots of ex league clubs there and with only 1 automatic spot, it is so hard to go straight back up.

You are right though Clarke does need time, he was left an awful unfit squad and for me 90% of it needs going.  I still think if we can somewhow stay up, I think we can have a successful season next year, teams have had massive changes in close season and then been successful in recent years.  I remember last year Ainsworth saying he had 8/9 players on the first day of pre-season and then going up.  Barnsley somehow stayed up in the last minute of last year and now in the play-offs, Cambridge in the automatics after a poor season and Morecambe who finished 22nd last year in the play-offs, it can be done.

28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The four we have lost were against 3 of the top six and Salford. We lost by one goal in each case. We’re not getting walloped  like we were against an out of form Mansfield. In their 7 games Barrow have played one of the top six - Bolton - which they lost.

How many people on here predicted anything but a loss yesterday?  How many thought we would stop Doyle having a kick?  How many thought they would win with a fluke - one of only two shots they had on target?

We need a win without any shadow of a doubt but we also need a little good fortune - a miss kick going in like their goal yesterday would be a nice start!

You can't just keep saying oh it's unlucky or they are top 6 

We had Oldham with the worst defence in the division and got a big fat zero .

We need to get a result against Newport Exeter or Morecambe at home not just lament a lame defeat and saying oh well they are up there it's acceptable. 

15 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

So he calls it the end of a tough run of fixtures and he knew it would be scrappy. I’ll take that as a compliment. Strange how our manager slates our players. Flitcroft I hear is a friend who was at the club before Clarke so would be able to fill him in on the players at our club. He just runs them down battering any morale into the ground. If they’re that bad why did he bother coming and it corroborates exactly what the Walsall fans were saying about him. I think he is our problem and is using the players to mask his own failings. He’s supposed to motivate and get the best of the players, anything derogatory is for him and a player not the media . Does he think he’s Mourinho, because he isn’t and his players after a couple of seasons throw him under the bus.

Which players has he slated?

46 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It makes me laugh we’re in a <ovf censored> league were anybody can beat anybody on the day but we have people on here saying well we did ok against them they are in the top 6 we didn’t expect beat them , unbelievable 

10 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It makes me laugh we’re in a <ovf censored> league were anybody can beat anybody on the day but we have people on here saying well we did ok against them they are in the top 6 we didn’t expect beat them , unbelievable 

Precisely.

No point tuning in Tuesday it's Newport and they are brilliant

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

But that's my point, we didn't expect to beat Bolton - who on here predicted we would?  You didn't for a start.

Archived