onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Grimsby v Colchester today. A draw would be perfect or do we want a Colchester win because that surely would finish Grimsby and only leave one place ? 

Yeah draw or Grimsby win for me. I think they’re gone so a win for them should affect us much. Could do with colchester getting dragged right into it then a massive 6 pointer against us

Time will tell but Barrow wasn’t my main worry, Southend was and this pulls Walsall in to the equation, Colchester and Grimsby draw today please!

The situation changes quickly and more twists and turns to come, all depressed now but a shock result against Bolton and we could be 9 (effectively 10) clear of Southend and up above Colchester and Walsall in a few hours and the situation looks good for us and we head into the next two games knowing 4 points will have us close to what we probably need.

Big game today but still over 1/4 of the season to go and it’s in our hands.

I know I've been more guilty than most in analysing what's happening to the teams around us, but it really only should be about us picking up some wins and then the other clubs' results don't matter!  Let's hope that the energy and attacking thrust from Tuesday can be maintained (or even built upon) with some clinical finishing this time around. Come on the lads!

On 10/03/2021 at 12:59, geoff1 said:

🤪

can we have an assistant managers assistant assisting the assistant groundsmans assistant? get a grip carol!

17 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Think how the bottom teams are performing IF we could 3 wins could well be enough 

glad your confused! my work is done😉

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Yes I have.

Grimsby need a miracle. 

Southend have far better fixtures than us and have shown they can get shock results out of the blue.

Barrow have just won 3 in 5 . 

You have put a confused face on my post where I put we are in huge trouble. 

I'm not sure what's confusing ? 

We've failed to score in our last 3 homes, indeed have only scored in 2 of our last 6 . No wins in 7 and basically since December have beaten Grimsby and Southend. 

If that's not being in huge trouble I don't know what is 

We're in a fight, certainly. But I'm confident that we will get enough points to stay up. I wouldn't be thinking that if I were a Colchester / Southend / Barrow fan. I guess, as individuals, we are each able to decide how bad we think the situation is? I don't see all those teams below us / around us picking up sufficient points to put us in the bottom 2.  

18 hours ago, valeparklife said:

Who are we supposed to beat of our remaining 12 games?

Bolton (H) - won 7 of last 8. Nailed on defeat tomorrow. ✔

Newport (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Colchester (A) - Port Vale Benevolent Society will gift Colchester 3 points

Crawley (A) - Potentially winnable? Not really with anything to play for. Draw.

Exeter (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Harrogate (A) - We never do well against these types of teams (small ground, players always up for it). Defeat.

Morecambe (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Carlisle (A) - In worse form than us currently, but they'll likely have picked up by then. Draw.

Barrow (A) - See Harrogate. Defeat.

Bradford (H) - Pushing for promotion. Defeat.

Grimsby (A) - Potentially winnable. They are awful, but the Port Vale Benevolent Society might be out again. 

Mansfield (H) - Potentially winnable if they have nothing to play for and can't be bothered. 

I honestly think we won't have won a game by the time we play Grimsby. Our run in is horrific.

Well there's the first of my predictions in.

Newport won 3-1 away at Morecombe today, so we will be a walk in the park for them on Tuesday and another defeat incoming.

Archived