onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

Southend have picked up dramatically ever since we stuffed them.

Personally I like nearly everyone on here thought Askey had done great business spending the majority of his budget on keeping the squad together.

However, I am not joining in the chorus confirming Askey and saying we are full of deadwood. What we have is a huge injury list, currently 6 nailed on first eleven starters.

The number of hamstring pulls at the Vale cannot be coincidence. That needs investigating because those 6 players haven't a history at other clubs of being injury prone.

4 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/relegation 

Still 4th favourite , I'm not as convinced those odds are a reflection

I think Grimsby have gone and it's between us, Southend and Barrow for that last spot.  I look at our fixtures and I genuinely worry where our wins are going to come from, there is a massive lack of creativity from midfield, what has happened to Conlon in the last month.   I always thought Worrall was slightly overrated, I am wrong, his loss to us is massive, we have nothing out wide without him. 

Tuesday for me is our most important game since we beat Chesterfield a couple of years ago, yes it is not must win but not far off.

16 hours ago, 1 said:

Bye bye Barrow

Don’t think so. They’re putting a few results together. Suspect Grimsby will go, then it’s one from a handful. Because of goal difference think Southend are 6 points behind, from memory.

Think 3 wins would do us, once we get a win it will be massive for confidence. Problem is at the moment don’t know where the win is coming from.

Grimsby are gone and look like they’ll do well to make 30-35 points, we are effectively with GD 11 clear of them.

Then it’s one from Southend, Barrow, Vale, Colchester or a real blow up from Walsall, Mansfield or Oldham.

Barrow have games in hand but Southend is a funny one; bar the FGR game when they scored a couple of worldie strikes they don’t score goals, 5 blanks in 6, thankfully Nile Ranger lasted 12 minutes before injury ended his season leaving their options limited and they’ve only scored 21 all season. That in itself deserves relegation.

It’s hard to not feel negative about us though at the moment, I guess if we take the emotion out of it we can say we’ve lost three but two were against sides top of the league on the day and the other away to a side unbeaten at home in a year... so it wasn’t the easiest task and at least those games are out of the way.

Our run in is a mixed bag now, tougher games at home than away, it’s in our own hands and this run of games coming up is an opportunity to get the results needed, Oldham and Newport at home, Colchester and Crawley away are games we’ve got to be picking up points from, need 10-12 more points so a couple wins and the odd draw from those would leave us in a half decent position to attack the last 8 games.

Come out of them poorly and we are in deep deep trouble.

If we did go down, which looks pretty much certain, I'd hope it would trigger a complete reset in the club, and we could one day return to the EFL in a better place.

Since the 2002-03 season, of the 35 teams in the picture below, 25 are in a higher league position than us. 

We've been overtaken for years by teams coming up from non-league. How many would you say were 'bigger' clubs than us? Probably only Oxford.

When we go down, I only hope we can come back quickly, and it makes us stronger because of it.

image.png.7c20ab7cfd5e52ed0624ee5f7a5f41a1.png

2 hours ago, sheffieldclayhead said:

Time for DF, DC and the first team to earn their wages and pull us out of this hole we’ve got ourselves in. Blaming past recruitment, past managers, team formations are long past the sell by date now. 

Do your job your paid to and keep us in this division.

Past recruitment, last manager, team selection & signings are entirely to blame. Not somebody who has been in the job for 3 weeks 

20 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Yes,it's a funny old game.

One minute you can go on a 68 game unbeaten run and the next minute go and lose 6 consecutive home games scoring just one goal.

KTF.

Confidence and lack of injuries  are massive factors.

Archived