onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

58 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

As above; they generally don’t seem bothered he has left them. I would say this cash stricken squad isn’t completely accurate. They’ve had some very good players when we played them. No idea why people are moaning already though, it will be like this until the end of the season. We all kept saying points are the key not performances until we are safe. Next year is when I will start to judge him. He may well play this turgid way next season as Walsall fans say, I suppose we will see 

They've recruited well, but the players they signed weren't 'household' names - ie the type of signings people would have a meltdown over on OVF.

Wes McDonald - "Why are we signing Yeovil rejects?!"

Elijah Adebayo - "5 goals in 25 for Swindon, RUBBISH!"

Rory Holden - "He's not gonna be any good coming from the Irish leagues!"

These signings will hardly command the same fees/wages as 'proven' L2 players.

I'm absolutely more than happy to defend and scrap our way to safety - which is NOT guaranteed. We can't be complacent about this, our form is awful and we are in a relegation dogfight.

Advert

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

You have 1 friend that is a Walsall fan, that isn't a representation of a fanbase.

Would a fanbase that "isn't bothered" start commenting on every Vale tweet where Clarke is mentioned?

And for the record, Page was awful.

True 1 fan isnt representative but he also said his opinion was representative of the fan base . See what I mean about Page, awful according to you. Cannot quote the exact stat but if memory serves me correct we were mid table in the division above when he left.  That seems along time ago, seen a lot of rubbish football in the meantime.

In all fairness to walsall fans I thought they were the worst team I saw down Vale last year yet they were the only team to beat us. I also didn't think much of them this year yet they beat us. He will have a bit more money to spend here if we stay up and hopefully we won't sell his best players like they did but we won't know until next season how good it's going to be with him in charge.

I think we are definitely going down. We have been garbage since the end of October. Its only what these players deserve they already got askey the sack by not even trying in games. 

Everything that happens its a classic relegation team we don't score goals we don't create many chances we have several players injured each week and teams score from our mistakes or score worldies like today or the tranmere winner at vale earlier in the season. 

I just can't see us winning another game this season and I'm thinking its us and grimsby going down.

19 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

This is becoming oddly familiar to when we went down last time. “Plenty of points in the bag, we’ll be fine.” Meanwhile on the pitch, match after match goes by with no goals score and the margin gets tighter and tighter. It’s eerily similar.

Lucky for us only two teams go out of League Two. Never quite understood why four teams move between League One and Two, but it cost us that day

This is becoming oddly familiar to when we went down last time. “Plenty of points in the bag, we’ll be fine.” Meanwhile on the pitch, match after match goes by with no goals score and the margin gets tighter and tighter. It’s eerily similar.
Had a look at our fixtures. Most home games are against improved teams or teams pushing for the playoffs. Away games at Colchester, Barrow & Grimsby. I'm concerned but hopefully we'll pick enough points up to stay up.

2 minutes ago, THE DAD said:
35 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Had a look at our fixtures. Most home games are against improved teams or teams pushing for the playoffs. Away games at Colchester, Barrow & Grimsby. I'm concerned but hopefully we'll pick enough points up to stay up.

Winnable games for me are always mid table teams with up and down form 

Harrogate and Crawley away are possible chances.

But you could be right those 3 games could be massively important

Archived