onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I never said it didn't.

You just replied to Jacob's "Or he is just bemoaning your mates poor recruitment which led to him been sacked?" by saying "Askey didn't recruit the problems."  Which reads to me as if you are saying Askey wasn't responsible for poor recruitment.

I liked Askey I liked the football we played under Askey I thought he would turn it around and I didn't want him gone when everyone else was screaming for his head.
But he couldn't sort it out and that was due to his poor recruitment and unfortunately he has left us with a squad that is going to struggle to keep us up. We keep saying all we need is a couple of back to back wins but when was the last time we did that.

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

Taken from wiki....

However his injury saga began not long after signing a new contract under Brian Horton in 2001[6] when Walsh underwent surgery, but by the end of the year he seemed to have recovered.[7] However, by June 2003 another operation was needed to correct a shoulder injury.[8] After this latest procedure he picked up an abdominal strain,[9] though he again slowly began to recover.[10] By November of that year he was injured again, this time because of his back, he required a series of injections and again consulted a surgeon.[11] By February 2004 he was on the road to recovery,[12] but the next month picked up a neck injury in a collision with Barnsley's Chris Shuker, meaning another operation.[13]

So not totally a back problem but shoulder, neck and back doesn't relate to stubbing his toe getting out of the bath.

I don't believe Manny or Amoo don't want to play, but that's my opinion having spoken to many pro footballers over the years, supporters don't get to see what really goes on behind the scenes and to imply they are "Sick notes" is plaintively unfair. 

I’m not saying they don’t want to play I’m saying some players will play with minor knocks and others won’t 

13 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

You clearly have no understanding of football do you?

When a manager comes into a team that loses every week and ships goals every week, what's the first thing someone with a brain would do? Yep, shore it up and be more solid.

Exactly what Micky Adams did when he joined.

13 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

Or maybe he’s saying that when Joyce is out that we have no other cover there. 

13 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Wtf are you on about?  Do you even read what is written over various threads or are you only capable of myopic opinion?

Walsall fans told us he will make us hard to beat, which is what he is doing.  It stops the rot but in the time he was there he didn't progress them from that to anything better.  They told us it was poor to watch etc...

Now as a club, Vale have fans that constantly moan about how bad it is to watch and we have removed managers because of it (Rob Page for examlle).  Whatever the long term approach is won't work because people like you will turn on a sixpence at the first sign of a struggle.

Well we are two games in, danger of relegation, not his players etc etc.

Carol stated that she wanted a manager that played attractive football but this is something we'll have to judge next season rather than right now.

Having kept the bulk of the team  which finished last season strongly, and started this season well, should the current squad be performing better than it is ? Do we judge a manager when he has had a Summer clear out and its his team, which seems the way ? Or is a good manager one who can get a current poor bunch playing better ?

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Wtf are you on about?  Do you even read what is written over various threads or are you only capable of myopic opinion?

Walsall fans told us he will make us hard to beat, which is what he is doing.  It stops the rot but in the time he was there he didn't progress them from that to anything better.  They told us it was poor to watch etc...

Now as a club, Vale have fans that constantly moan about how bad it is to watch and we have removed managers because of it (Rob Page for examlle).  Whatever the long term approach is won't work because people like you will turn on a sixpence at the first sign of a struggle.

Are you deluded?

When he left Walsall they were 6 points off the playoffs and had lost 6 games ALL SEASON! Walsall are a financially stricken club that resorted to cheap signings and youth players - he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances.

Walsall fans are bitter that a rival has managed to poach their manager - don't listen to their nonsense.

Speaking of nonsense - you are actually unhappy with Clarke after TWO games where we've picked up points?! There's no hope for doughnuts like you.

46 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Are you deluded?

When he left Walsall they were 6 points off the playoffs and had lost 6 games ALL SEASON! Walsall are a financially stricken club that resorted to cheap signings and youth players - he was doing a cracking job under the circumstances.

Walsall fans are bitter that a rival has managed to poach their manager - don't listen to their nonsense.

Speaking of nonsense - you are actually unhappy with Clarke after TWO games where we've picked up points?! There's no hope for doughnuts like you.

Have a mate who is a level headed Walsall fan, they are genuinely not bothered at losing their manager.  I dont think its sour grapes. Just remember how we felt about Page leaving, most only came to regret it later. Lets hope thats how Walsall fans end up feeling.

As above; they generally don’t seem bothered he has left them. I would say this cash stricken squad isn’t completely accurate. They’ve had some very good players when we played them. No idea why people are moaning already though, it will be like this until the end of the season. We all kept saying points are the key not performances until we are safe. Next year is when I will start to judge him. He may well play this turgid way next season as Walsall fans say, I suppose we will see 

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Have a mate who is a level headed Walsall fan, they are genuinely not bothered at losing their manager.  I dont think its sour grapes. Just remember how we felt about Page leaving, most only came to regret it later. Lets hope thats how Walsall fans end up feeling.

You have 1 friend that is a Walsall fan, that isn't a representation of a fanbase.

Would a fanbase that "isn't bothered" start commenting on every Vale tweet where Clarke is mentioned?

And for the record, Page was awful.

Archived