onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

I feel sorry for Manny, he's a professional footballer who would far rather  be playing and taking part, I don't know when his contract is up, but they are worrying times for a footballer, wondering if you will be offered another deal, same for Amoo I'm certain they don't want to take the money and just spend all their time in the treatment room.

He doesn't want to be injured.

Some players will play with slight knocks some won’t I think manny falls into the latter somebody who was at the club a few years ago told me Micheal Walsh would only have to stubb his toe getting out the bath the night before a game would declare himself not fit 

The injuries have been bad in the past, but this season has been a real kick in the teeth. We haven’t been able to play a settled 11 with full strength and match fitness for any great stretch. A team with less quality but playing the same formation, same team mates, same responsibilities in that order will beat a better team of individuals that’s chopping and changing constantly. Not saying we would be be massively different, but it factors in over the entire season. Have to have professional coaching staff who are well qualified and ex-players along for the ride doesn’t cut it.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I think as back up in a small squad you would use either a youth player or someone who can fill in there. I wouldn’t want two out and out CDMs in a smaller squad personally. Think you need more cover in the other areas

If you recall earlier in the season Askey said Mills could play there🤣 

Anyone can beat anyone else in Lge 2 at the moment, it's gonna be a dog fight.  Player/team morale, spirit and confidence will be crucial to Vale's survival. Points already in the bag give Vale some breathing space and a couple of wins in the next 4 or 5 games will make all the difference.

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

If you recall earlier in the season Askey said Mills could play there🤣 

Tbf he’s not the worst tackler, just <ovf censored> slow. We have 6 strikers who are all ok sometimes, but then no decent first 11 wingers and an undroppable Joyce because nobody can tackle consistently apart from him in the midfield. We always have over-subscriptions in certain areas then nobody to play elsewhere, every season.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

We have been shipping/gifting goals for fun with one of the worst defences in the league this year, if not one of the worst Vale defence for a generation.  What do you really expect the manager to do?  

We need to be defensive and nick a goal here and there to win a couple of games to secure safety before a major summer rebuild.

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Tbf he’s not the worst tackler, just <ovf censored> slow. We have 6 strikers who are all ok sometimes, but then no decent first 11 wingers and an undroppable Joyce because nobody can tackle consistently apart from him in the midfield. We always have over-subscriptions in certain areas then nobody to play elsewhere, every season.

You're right he's OK at tackling on the odd occasion he gets close enough to his player. The problem is he can't pass, lacks concentration and his positional sense to read the game is no better than schoolboy football. Other than that he would be a perfect backup for Joyce.

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

I think the fact Clarke is bemoaning the lack of extra defensive midfielders speaks volumes about the way he wants to play.  Its looking like a turgid time folks 

Pretty much every team in the country defensive midfielders are pivotal in playing attacking football. One of the most important positions on the pitch to allow creative players to play there game. So to suggest him saying we are light on a defensive midfielder is indicating were going to be playing 'turgid' football you really dont have a clue what your on about. 

most successful  teams have a great defensive midfielder in there starting 11 

On 24/02/2021 at 20:29, 1 said:

This is the same Southend who people were pitying as being the worst pro team ever to play against Vale merely weeks ago, now apparently they’re going to go flying up the table based on beating a club who have lower home attendances than the amount of people who live on my street.

There’s no need to <ovf censored> a brick every time a new result comes through. Even a <ovf censored> team aren’t going to go all season without winning - but they’ll still go down.

Southend may be on a bit of a resurgence, but they and Grimsby each have GDs of -25...which needs an extra point to overtake another club. We have better GD than 5 of the 6 below us. Yes, the bottom 3 won, recently, but Colchester are still free-falling, and Mansfield have been dragged into the mix. We only need more points than 2 of these bottom 6! I'm not fussed how much we have to scrap to get them...as long as we do!

48 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Some players will play with slight knocks some won’t I think manny falls into the latter somebody who was at the club a few years ago told me Micheal Walsh would only have to stubb his toe getting out the bath the night before a game would declare himself not fit 

Hamstrings are not slight knocks you cannot play even if you would dearly love to, the lads future is at stake here and I'm sure given half a chance and a future contract he would play, at Aldershot he was virtually ever present so why would he not want to play ? 

Michael Walsh suffered from back problems, it finished his career I'm sure he would have loved another 2 or 3 seasons on a pro contract.

13 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Hamstrings are not slight knocks you cannot play even if you would dearly love to, the lads future is at stake here and I'm sure given half a chance and a future contract he would play, at Aldershot he was virtually ever present so why would he not want to play ? 

Michael Walsh suffered from back problems, it finished his career I'm sure he would have loved another 2 or 3 seasons on a pro contract.

It wasn’t his back that kept him sidelined all the time he had numerous different  niggles 

18 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It wasn’t his back that kept him sidelined all the time he had numerous different  niggles 

Taken from wiki....

However his injury saga began not long after signing a new contract under Brian Horton in 2001[6] when Walsh underwent surgery, but by the end of the year he seemed to have recovered.[7] However, by June 2003 another operation was needed to correct a shoulder injury.[8] After this latest procedure he picked up an abdominal strain,[9] though he again slowly began to recover.[10] By November of that year he was injured again, this time because of his back, he required a series of injections and again consulted a surgeon.[11] By February 2004 he was on the road to recovery,[12] but the next month picked up a neck injury in a collision with Barnsley's Chris Shuker, meaning another operation.[13]

So not totally a back problem but shoulder, neck and back doesn't relate to stubbing his toe getting out of the bath.

I don't believe Manny or Amoo don't want to play, but that's my opinion having spoken to many pro footballers over the years, supporters don't get to see what really goes on behind the scenes and to imply they are "Sick notes" is plaintively unfair. 

Archived