onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League 2 Relegation fight

tommytunstall

Advert

Be time soon where we will have to list everyone's fixtures.

Although Southend have proved that they are unreliable. 

Plenty of realists on here . We are sleepwalking right bang into trouble .

Draws aren't going to be any use. We need back to back wins out of the blue.

Next 3 look daunting. Oldham are hit and miss and then Bolton are flying at the moment. 

Christ pass me the gin 

When the hell are these footballers of Port Vale going to get it in their heads that our football club is in grave danger.Theyve had a cushy time at Vale without fans .Time to pay the owners back for supporting them with contracts and protecting them.Sick to death of the pathetic dross on the pitch.

Over the last 20 games we have averaged 0.75 points per game under three different managers. Winning three. If we carry on the same we will end up on 46 points. Which is squeaky bum time if the bottom three pick up.

Think this has gone a bit under the radar, with a bit of a "we're too good to down" outlook.  Unless we pick up a few wins we are very much in a relegation battle. Again.

It has suddenly just come to my attention what Clarke has said. We are effectively a one horse pony. His comments were aimed at our inability to play anything other than 443 formation with the use of wingers. We now find ourselves in a very vulnerable position just 8 points out of the bottom two. Is this the time to use a strategy that Clarke believes in that produced the performance last night? Surely now we need to play the best players we have in an attempt to get results not toy with systems and gamble on the basis of his beliefs. Next season all well and good. Worrying glad i'm not the manager.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

3 home games in a row starting with Oldham. There’s your points. 

The bottom 3 won’t all start smashing the goals in, its too late for 2 of those 3.

Two of those are Newport and Bolton. Also Oldham are very good away and crap at home. 

I hope you are right 😃

This is the same Southend who people were pitying as being the worst pro team ever to play against Vale merely weeks ago, now apparently they’re going to go flying up the table based on beating a club who have lower home attendances than the amount of people who live on my street.

There’s no need to <ovf censored> a brick every time a new result comes through. Even a <ovf censored> team aren’t going to go all season without winning - but they’ll still go down.

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

This is the same Southend who people were pitying as being the worst pro team ever to play against Vale merely weeks ago, now apparently they’re going to go flying up the table based on beating a club who have lower home attendances than the amount of people who live on my street.

There’s no need to <ovf censored> a brick every time a new result comes through. Even a <ovf censored> team aren’t going to go all season without winning - but they’ll still go down.

I admire your optimism. They might have been garbage against us, but their record over the last 20 games is a much better than ours.

Admittedly I'm a glass half empty type. But I don't think we should be complacent.

8 minutes ago, 1 said:

There’s no need to <ovf censored> a brick every time a new result comes through. Even a <ovf censored> team aren’t going to go all season without winning - but they’ll still go down

People ?

You mean motormouth Pope 

Southend have won at Newport and the Vegans. You also dismiss them as having less fans than on your street. Just remind me how many times we've beaten the Vegans this season. 

I'm afraid you have buried your head in the sand. Momentum is huge in football. 

We are in trouble unless we get our act together

I posted a while ago I think we are in a relegation battle.The club AND fans have been very complacent about it as we drifted towards the bottom which is what annoyed me about the manger situation. New manager or not we need to secure our league status first and foremost so we can have a summer rebuild.

It will be an uneasy month or two as the manager figures our squad capabilities and teams at the bottom start to rally towards the end of the season. It happens each season when struggling teams start to play on the front foot rather than playing not to loose.

In my option our status is going to depend on our injury hit players fitness (Gibbo,Manny,Wozza,Amoo) over the next 4 weeks as we play Tue & Sat. 

We should have just about enough of a head start to stay in L2 but I think it will be close.

17 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Southend have won at Newport and the Vegans. You also dismiss them as having less fans than on your street. Just remind me how many times we've beaten the Vegans this season. 

I'm afraid you have buried your head in the sand. Momentum is huge in football. 

We are in trouble unless we get our act together

You're right. Momentum and confidence is everything in football. Even world class players look bang average when confidence goes as they take more care and 2nd guess things which they normally do without thinking.

Archived