Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Advert:

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Pope back by the end of March, apparently he’s running now which is a bonus, he couldn’t run before his injury.😃

Posted Images

Beautiful day for it! It's days like today where I wish we were all at Vale Park getting behind the lads. Can't come soon enough for me. I'm optimisticly going for a very cheeky, snatch and grab 1-0 win! 

• Like 1

Grand day for a game of nogger!

Standing outside in Bull’s Head beer garden. Pint of Captain Smith’s. Sun on your back (maybe? In the beer garden). Cheeky Vale win. Marvellous!

Almost same team:

Manni or Burgess for Joyce if not fit

Guthrie and either Rodders or Swann

There’s a few possible changes today that I think we could / should make.

If Joyce is out then do we go with Conlon in the holding role? I can’t think of a better option if Manny is still out injured too. However if he plays Burgess and Taylor in front of Conlon then we might be a bit lightweight though, but we have few options there.  

I think we could see Swann dropped for Guthrie.

Also personally I wouldn’t have given Gibbo the full 90 on Tuesday, and sure enough he looked tired after an hour v Stevenage. So maybe rest him today or only give him 60. We need to look after those coming back from injuries, equally I hope we look after Monty too given his injury record. There’s a busy period coming up and those players need looking after, the same is true for when we eventually bring Worrall back in as well. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

Just hoping we play well and  keep tabs on Mullin ! A win or draw would be happy days. Hate feeling like poop over the weekend after some of the half hearted performances we have put in. Come on you whites 

I've got a really good feeling about today's match.

I reckon Clarke will get his first win against the league leaders. I'm going for 2-1.

• Like 1

Advert:

Listening to Pugh and I think it’s right that we rested Gibbo and I’m not surprised to see Guthrie in for Swann. Could be 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 that formation. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

Mills worries me but Gibbons isn't match fit to play twice in a week yet. Midfield is a bit lightweight and we have no other options on the bench. Lots of attacking options though.. With limited quality. Our midfield is in for a tough afternoon against Hoolahan and Boateng.