Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Can't see anything other than a Cambridge win today. Mullin and Ironside will be too much for us.

Wasn't long ago we were playing them off the pitch in a comfortable 3-0 win.

Another club in a long list we've fallen behind now.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done w

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Posted Images

Can't see anything other than a Cambridge win today. Mullin and Ironside will be too much for us.

Wasn't long ago we were playing them off the pitch in a comfortable 3-0 win.

Another club in a long list we've fallen behind now.

What’s the difference between them and FGR and Cheltenham who we’ve taken points off down VP (both would be above on PPG)?

It’s not unwinnable, we pumped a free scoring Luton as well down here and Swindon last season.

Let’s hope we have another where we turn up against a high flyer.
  • Like 2

There is little more say on the match thread in my opinion.

How badly do we we need the points ,I'd say very badly ,let's see what the players play like and think .

The time for talking has stopped if they the players were happy with there efforts on the ball v Stevenage then they must be on a different planet than me .

BIg improvement required today hopefully I will sleep now till quarter to 3 and tune in and see a hunger about every Vale player (I do not mean eating five meat and potato pies and lying there and having there bellies tickled ,I mean that  the moment that whistle goes we give Cambridge HELL. 

Nothing more say see you all later in the after match thread well this one .

GOAAAARRRRNNN the Vale 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

What’s the difference between them and FGR and Cheltenham who we’ve taken points off down VP (both would be above on PPG)?

It’s not unwinnable, we pumped a free scoring Luton as well down here and Swindon last season.

Let’s hope we have another where we turn up against a high flyer.

I love your optimism and wish I could feel the same more often! Maybe 20 years of following this garbage club has sucked the life out of me!

The bookies have us as favourites today! 

image.png.c489f9ca555262e4755f4287cf3f9c3a.png

The best way of winning these games is to go after teams from the off at home. There's not a big difference between any sides in League Two and usually comes down to just one or two players. If we sit back with a 'try not to lose" mentality then inevitably with the bit of quality they have up top they'll score sooner or later, and not only are you then left chasing the game suddenly but you've also given the opposition a bit more confidence. Away from home I'm fine with setting up to be hard to beat, but at home you should be going for it regardless of who the opposition are and where they are in the table.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 3

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Wise Owl said:

You are lucky you only have 20 years of following PV, I have had almost 60 😱

I went to port vale .with my dad  .When I was 8 years old . I love the vale . I am now 71 . But I am still enjoying still going to. Watching  the vale .. I am sill proud to be a Port vale fan . Come on the vale .  We just need just to start winning.. . And picking up points . 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Sadly the Love of a football club seems to be conditional on success these days.  The ability to understand relative success is also missing.

I think the last 3 years have been a success.  We avoided relegation and turned the club into a benchmark of how a club should be part of its community during a pandemic.  Look at where we werenand where we were heading and compare that to now, even though we are sitting in a poor position in the table, this club is leagues above where it.

On the pitch it has been the complete opposite of success. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wise Owl said:

You are lucky you only have 20 years of following PV, I have had almost 60 😱

SNAP,A FEW MORE FOR ME 😂😂

Edited by ELDERBEZZA
  • Like 1

Advert:

12 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just browsing through before I put my weekly few quid on a coupon.

I use Skybet. They have Vale as slight favourite on the betting !

Most peculiar

Hope vale win . Good Luck . 

50 years of either being there or looking for our result every single game we play no matter where I am or what I m doing.... same for my dad before me and I ve unfortunately infected all my family with the same affliction!!

for today’s game do we drop off concede possession and defend deep or do we just get at them? 

i suspect a balance between the two would be best!

either way we need points.... look at Villa last season just avoided relegation now they are on the fringes of a European place... never give up .....but we do need to stay up this year relegation is unthinkable.

i ll go for a hard earned point, think he ll go with an unchanged back 5 with Guthrie a definite starter up front.

good luck Vale

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

You are asking for the exact opposite of how you know Clarke will set up today.

Nice to see you are starting early

Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday.

For goodness sake Askey has gone now like it or not so why cant you just get behind the management team and the club,would  it hurt that much and as i have said before Askey LOST his first 4 games in charge.... DC has drawn his first 2 

Onwards and Upwards come on Vale

• Like 9

Advert:

I think and hope we will come out and play like the good Vale, we need it and the players need it. Don't know why but I feel quietly confident. I must be mental Come on Vale, fear no one and let's go

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bimbleabout said:

I think and hope we will come out and play like the good Vale, we need it and the players need it. Don't know why but I feel quietly confident. I must be mental emoji13.pngCome on Vale, fear no one and let's go

Let’s hope. Only problem is do we have the players to do it?