Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Advert:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done w

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Thank god there is only 9 games left, another 5 we could very well go down.

erm, there are 15 games left of this season (17 for Barrow and Grimsby).

Tough to take.  Nothing in the game.  They huffed and puffed, as did we.  Think we ran out of steam a bit towards the end.  Other than that, keeping in mind the quality of the opposition, that was miles better than the last 2 games but we just don’t look like scoring and without a goal we’re not picking up the full 3 points anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I am sickened. They didn’t deserve that at all, point was fully the right result. Again looked solid defensively just got done by a wonder strike. Looked much better actually passing through the midfield, although could still do with creating more. And when we get chances like Guthrie’s we absolutely have to take them.

Im seriously getting concerned for our league status now. I can’t see where the next win is coming from. If we continue playing like today maybe we can get enough draws to stay up, but I’m very worried that we could be heading out the league.

Feel much the same and what also worries me is that 3 out of the bottom 4 have 2 games in hand on us. Not good...

• Like 2

Point was fair but we can't 0-0 our way to safety.

I'm very very worried. Maybe a point at best next 2 games and then Oldham who are one of if not the best away teams in the division. 

Positive substitutions was good to see.

Ultimately Guthrie miss has cost us the game, never even for a millisecond did he look like he'd score 

• Like 2

Advert:

8 minutes ago, vale@rocks said:

Said in a earlier thread the strategy of simply defending by the managers methods could cost us. Its a gamble and with two tough away games we are in real trouble.

Thank God Grimsby and Barrow also both lost!

Unlucky. Played decent there but when you have clear chances you have to take them. Guthrie shouldn’t start the next match we need a striker that can score a goal. That was the difference here. Score then think we could have pushed on. Still encouraging signs and much improved from Tuesday. 

Because we never win (I don't think we'll win again this season), the only important results are checking Barrow, Grimsby and Southend's results.

I honestly think we're doomed. We can't win. At all.

• Like 2

No Gibbo, Worrall or Joyce. They’re big misses and when they’re back we’ll hopefully start putting some wins together.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, inner sanctum said:

Unfortunately we will lose the next 3. It's what we can do after that and what others have been doing that will determine our league status.

Want to take a bet that we don’t lose all 3? £10 HUBB foundation?

• Like 1

Defended well again like Tuesday but this time managed to get the forwards to put a shift in and get the midfield on the ball. Difference is we miss the best chance of the entire game, whilst they pull a worldie out of nowhere. There’s the lack of quality that Clarke talks about, it’s up front and in the midfield where we are lacking. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We could have all 5 strikers on - It wouldn't change anything when there's such a lack of creativity in the side. We miss Worrall like a nutsack would miss a pair of balls.

We miss a whole midfield, with options. the idea of a midfield is to cover all areas, defence some may be good at "Goober", running from midfield "Ian Taylor", passing, we have a few but " Ray Walker".  ( many more from the past before those,) Plus many that knew the job and linked to the forward players, They were good times but the forwards do need service and at the moment it is poor, they have to create there own chances.

• Like 3

With the adrenaline still flowing, IMO very little between the two teams today.

Would have being ‘reasonably’ satisfied with a point AND a solid performance.

Much better than Tuesday.

Radio Stoke commentary was absolutely painful today.

• Like 6

Advert:

Tough take that one. I thought we deserved a point and the better team in the 2nd half.

Played some nice passes and link up play in the 1st half with Conlon,Taylor,Burgess but lacking that final pass or decisiveness from the front players to score. Guthrie has to score that chance or even square it to Rodney. 

I really don't understand why we still played 352 with Hurst and LWB. The lad is struggling to know how to play LM/LW as it is. We have too many of him in our squad, players who are just not good enough for this level.

If we are that solid between now and the end of the season we should pick up just enough points to stay up but OMG I think its going to be close.

• Like 1