Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Advert:

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, Can I please make a couple of comments: 1. Please KEEP ON TOPIC. This is about a football match. I am now going to plough through and remove all posts not to do with the game (happy

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done w

Nice to see you are starting early Should we play poorly or lose then no doubt we will hear a lot from you today again..... play well or win we will see you Tuesday. For goodness sake Askey

Posted Images

We could have all 5 strikers on - It wouldn't change anything when there's such a lack of creativity in the side. We miss Worrall like a nutsack would miss a pair of balls.

Advert:

We played better than Tuesday but I don't get that we played really well, we missed one glorious chance but that was about it.  There is a serious lack of quality in the squad, we are struggling to create anything, 2 home matches and 1 point and no goals.  2 away games at Salford and Cheltenham, followed by Oldham and a vastly improving Bolton, we are bang in this relegation scrap .

• Like 2

Thank god there is only 9 games left, another 5 we could very well go down.

A clear out is needed but I have no faith in replacing them with anything better, our signings for the last couple of years have been terrible.

• Like 1

Advert:

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We could have all 5 strikers on - It wouldn't change anything when there's such a lack of creativity in the side. We miss Worrall like a nutsack would miss a pair of balls.

I'd also say that we miss Amoo, as inconsistent and injury-prone that he is (and that is perhaps the reason why 'we are where we are') - him & Worrall are the only ones that can produce a spark or bit of magic to create a goal, even if they do naff-all else for the rest of the game.

Edited by The Kalamazoo Kid
  • Like 1

Unlucky, haven’t really deserved that, but the game changes on the Guthrie chance. I said before and I said it again, this feels like our last relegation season. Changes to personnel and formations one game to the next, no identity, cannot see where the next goal let alone point is coming from, weak midfield and you just know we are going to concede. This is not a slight on Clarke (though I’m not convinced at all 3 games in I have to be honest) but I really do fear the worst. 

I am sickened. They didn’t deserve that at all, point was fully the right result. Again looked solid defensively just got done by a wonder strike. Looked much better actually passing through the midfield, although could still do with creating more. And when we get chances like Guthrie’s we absolutely have to take them.

Im seriously getting concerned for our league status now. I can’t see where the next win is coming from. If we continue playing like today maybe we can get enough draws to stay up, but I’m very worried that we could be heading out the league.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I'd also say we miss Amoo, as inconsistent and injury-prone that he is (and that sums up why 'we are where we are') - him & Worrall are the only ones that can produce a spark or bit of magic to create a goal, even if they do naff-all else for the rest of the game.

Put a fit Amoo, Worrall, Oyeleke and Pope in the side today and we beat these, of that I have no doubt. But it's just not going to happen. Both Oyeleke and Amoo are crocks and need to be replaced well in a few months time.

• Like 7

Well we didn't deserve that, a draw would have been a fair result but I guess that would have disappointed Birchall.

They showed character and effort, Clarke is obviously hamstrung by Askeys signings gutted tonight. 

• Like 1