onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agree, much improved. At least the players are playing for him. I thought out attacking play was much better, just have to stick the ball in the net when that big chance comes which we didn’t. Had a feeling we would lose after that miss. Pitch looked great until they started playing on it, not the best. 

Agree RE Cambridge, most sides do seem quite similar in this division, the overall standard has been very low this season. Hoolahan stood out though  

Can’t wait to see the turn around in players in the summer just hope we are in this league and not the league below. 

Thankfully colchester seem to be slipping big time... another team we just have to be better than!

Advert

24 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Thankfully colchester seem to be slipping big time... another team we just have to be better than!

No idea what has happened to them, thought they’d struggle at the start of the season as they lost key players, but seemed to start well. A big plus for , I can’t see Colchester picking up as many points as us based off today 

6 hours ago, inner sanctum said:

It was a knee jerk reaction but since studying everything, a little doubt has crept in about definitely losing to Salford. As it's such a good cause I'll take you up on it. We Are Going To Lose The Next 3!!! emoji6.png

Like you say, a good cause, and a little side bet adds a bit of spice.

6 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No idea what has happened to them, thought they’d struggle at the start of the season as they lost key players, but seemed to start well. A big plus for , I can’t see Colchester picking up as many points as us based off today 

Feels like they have marginally easier fixtures than us but they have 3 very tough games to finish the season Cheltenham, Salford and Tranmere.

Put game against them is very important indeed!

Ok back to the game ,we do not seem to have the desire get the ball in the back of the oppositions net .

When that chance comes along for Kurtis he as to take it or at least pass it so  Rodney has a tap in ,so frustrating especially the first 25 mins both forwards were contributing after that I beg to differ ,you gotta do more if you want score that's for sure ,so disheartening to see that goal fly in after the defence in general were pretty good especially Legge who was 8 out of 10 alongside Smith who was also a good 8 also .

In fact I'm pointing the fingers at the lack of desire in the forward players ,you will never score if you do not play with a belief you can .

No doubt about it Cambridge deserved win as around the 65th  min we began to get ragged in midfield and there extra fitness began to tell by the looks of it I found that quite annoying because for 20 mins second half at least we were passing it to one another ,I thought we were going get the lead ,but no one really wanted or busted a gut to get the ball in the Cambridge net at any point it was all a bit half hearted and lame ,yet they wanted get it in ours and if it wasnt for a couple of fine saves from Brown and blocks  in the six yard box from Smith Mills and Crookes the defeat may have being hell of a lot worse .

As for us I'm trying think did we make there goalie work ,Guthrie should have scored and that's it 89 mins of nothing and do not get me started on that free kick early game from Conlon ,choose someone in future who will whack the ball it might hit a opposition player and fly in .

It was pathetic. 

MY Mark's 

BROWN 7 

MILLS 7

Smith 8 

LEGGE 8 man of match ,overworked though but he did everything all game in my opinion to give us a clean sheet maybe play him up front as we need goals .

Crookes 7 

Taylor 5 faded badly as game went on and when you are passed the ball in the opposition penalty area make sure you do not lose it ,ok for a hr 

Conlon 6 better than the last 2 games but creatively creating naff all ,porthill pirlo I do not think so ,worked hard mind you that's a given well should be as a pro footballer though I'm sure it was him who was wrong side of man for there goal .

Burgess 6 created nothing but I cannot remember our right side letting us down in this game ,most of the opportunities were being created from the left as Taylor And Hurst were not winning the ball unfortunately. 

Montano 5 went off injured while on did ok nothing more .

Guthrie 4 best chance of game fluffed it and after that his head probably went down ,well let's just say he was not any good after he missed that big moment up until then he along  with Rodney started the game well but the game lasts for 90 not 20 .

Rodney 4 first 20 ok last until he was replaced ominous .

Not impressed at all with him ,we need everyone at it wheres the explosive pace gone wheres the desire get the ball in the net  

Subs Hurst 5 going forwards does some decent things defensively not so easily beaten .

The other 2 subs worked hard but that Robinson rash shot was just ridiculous .

Darrell Clark ,defensively 2 goals conceded in 3 games which is ok  ,going forwards about 5 on target in them 3 games,1 goal  it isn't good enough work on clever free kicks ,getting shots away and choose a two up front which does not include Rodney or Guthrie and not leave players on who's legs are gone in fact maybe just play Swann up front and have extra legs in midfield 

11 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Ok back to the game ,we do not seem to have the desire get the ball in the back of the oppositions net .

When that chance comes along for Kurtis he as to take it or at least pass it so  Rodney has a tap in ,so frustrating especially the first 25 mins both forwards were contributing after that I beg to differ ,you gotta do more if you want score that's for sure ,so disheartening to see that goal fly in after the defence in general were pretty good especially Legge who was 8 out of 10 alongside Smith who was also a good 8 also .

In fact I'm pointing the fingers at the lack of desire in the forward players ,you will never score if you do not play with a belief you can .

No doubt about it Cambridge deserved win as around the 65th  min we began to get ragged in midfield and there extra fitness began to tell by the looks of it I found that quite annoying because for 20 mins second half at least we were passing it to one another ,I thought we were going get the lead ,but no one really wanted or busted a gut to get the ball in the Cambridge net at any point it was all a bit half hearted and lame ,yet they wanted get it in ours and if it wasnt for a couple of fine saves from Brown and blocks  in the six yard box from Smith Mills and Crookes the defeat may have being hell of a lot worse .

As for us I'm trying think did we make there goalie work ,Guthrie should have scored and that's it 89 mins of nothing and do not get me started on that free kick early game from Conlon ,choose someone in future who will whack the ball it might hit a opposition player and fly in .

It was pathetic. 

MY Mark's 

BROWN 7 

MILLS 7

Smith 8 

LEGGE 8 man of match ,overworked though but he did everything all game in my opinion to give us a clean sheet maybe play him up front as we need goals .

Crookes 7 

Taylor 5 faded badly as game went on and when you are passed the ball in the opposition penalty area make sure you do not lose it ,ok for a hr 

Conlon 6 better than the last 2 games but creatively creating naff all ,porthill pirlo I do not think so ,worked hard mind you that's a given well should be as a pro footballer though I'm sure it was him who was wrong side of man for there goal .

Burgess 6 created nothing but I cannot remember our right side letting us down in this game ,most of the opportunities were being created from the left as Taylor And Hurst were not winning the ball unfortunately. 

Guthrie 4 best chance of game fluffed it and after that his head probably went down ,well let's just say he was not any good after he missed that big moment up until then he along  with Rodney started the game well but the game lasts for 90 not 20 .

Not impressed at all with him ,we need everyone at it wheres the explosive pace gone wheres the desire get the ball in the net  

Subs Hurst 5 going forwards does some decent things defensively not so easily beaten .

Darrell Clark ,defensively 2 goals conceded in 3 games which is ok  ,going forwards about 5 on target in them 3 games,1 goal  it isn't good enough work on clever free kicks ,getting shots away and choose a two up front which does not include Rodney or Guthrie and not leave players on who's legs are gone in fact maybe just play Swann up front and have extra legs in midfield 

7 for Mills is good to see... I thought he had one of his better games for us today! 

Not convinced we should keep him mind!

They didn't though did they.  They systematically attacked me personally.
I have reported every single post.  Zero action taken.  OVF endorses bullying.

It really doesn’t and YOU know it doesn’t. Admin probably haven’t seen this thread or your complaint at this point. This is a forum for differing opinions. The folks on here tonight IMO have referred to your staunch support of Askey and have disagreed with it. Have they portrayed their opinions ‘ nicely’ I’m not sure, but I’m sure they have been very aware of your vociferous opinions towards other posters in the past, and felt that you could cope with their argument accordingly. As I’ve said before, my advice would be to step away, until such time that Admin read and close this thread.

So in a situation where somebody feels bullied your advice is to leave.
Thanks but no thanks  that just give those who bully what they crave.
As for my support of Askey, why does that mean I should be branded as pathetic by some and harassed by IC?  I have also shown support of the new manager as I did Pugh.
I have been called a scumbag.  Show me where I have done that?
Again its noticeable who likes your posts.

Leave?? .... self preservation. Only I am responding to your posts now, so I’ll walk away.

6 hours ago, werstayinup said:

No he didn't but go on i will play your game,you do know he was an Askey signing??

I actually thought Mills had one of his better games today

It's no game, seriously. My heart sank when I saw his name on the team sheet. And I know he was an Askey signing. A very poor one (among others just as bad). I thought he was awful first half, as was Crookes. Second half, Mills was one of our better players, delivering a decent cross and defending well. If fit, Gibbo should still start. Surely you agree? 

What I find hard to fathom is that most of this squad have played extremely well together before and I'd really bought into the football JA wanted to play, with some youth and wingers. Suddenly we bring in a few players and we can't defend long balls down the middle. I'd say Leon and Smith were as bad as Mills in Nov/Dec. It was such a weird drop off.

I know I'll get a shed load for it, but I would rather have stuck with Askey, but employed a DOF to help him recruit. He clearly wasn't great at it, but I thought he was excellent at improving the players he had.

As for my comments about Clarke earlier, I guess I was frustrated. I obviously want him to succeed, but I don't like his demenour. I can't warm to him. I work in marketing and I can recognise buzzword bingo a mile off, and him and Flitcroft are full of it. JA was a bit dull in the after match interviews, but I had faith because of it (if you know what I mean).

Everyone's got an opinion, I get it. The way Vale fans (and a few of the players) turned on Askey so quickly really hasn't sat well with me. I just thought we were a bit better than that.

6 minutes ago, Moz said:

I'd say Leon and Smith were as bad as Mills in Nov/Dec. It was such a weird drop off.

I very distinctly remember watching Legge getting consistently turned like a geriatric donkey against Crawley and thinking he's lost it, 19/20 was the last bit squeezed out of the toothpaste tube for him.

I know it's the same for every club, but I am increasingly wondering whether general fitness issues from players dossing about at home between March-September instead of a proper break/regimental pre season caught up with us in November and then once on the slippery slope the subterranean confidence meant there was no coming back. Clarke has a Herculean task trying to keep these bottlers heads above water and staying up. 

We just need a frigging win, not just for the points but as something to anchor against. Bookend this run of losses and draws and use it as a springboard for the rest of the season for their confidence. I suspect that's what Clarke will be thinking. 

Crap league this, most of the time the victor is the one who has the least amount of players having an off day. Confidence game and at the moment this squad doesn't have any.

Hope to have Pope back in 3 weeks. We need that sort of personality on the pitch who will drag and carry the rest of them. 

39 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

7 for Mills is good to see... I thought he had one of his better games for us today! 

Not convinced we should keep him mind!

He didnt do a thing wrong and put a ball in which a striker should have being on the end off second half .

We have lost to a wonder strike but I always thought deep in my heart a goal was coming for them at no time apart from Guthrie major chance and when we got a free kick outside the area early knocks of game and Conlon just chipped it in to the goalies arms ,right naffed me off that did hit it with some venom youth,  that we were going score at any other time as we no quality whatsoever. 

55 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

He didnt do a thing wrong and put a ball in which a striker should have being on the end off second half .

We have lost to a wonder strike but I always thought deep in my heart a goal was coming for them at no time apart from Guthrie major chance and when we got a free kick outside the area early knocks of game and Conlon just chipped it in to the goalies arms ,right naffed me off that did hit it with some venom youth,  that we were going score at any other time as we no quality whatsoever. 

Fair points mate. How did you think Smithy did?  Pretty solid for me.

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

It was pathetic. 

MY Mark's 

BROWN 7 

MILLS 7

Smith 8 

Crookes 7 

You are as mad as a box of frogs mate, As we all are. Which is why we love you. Would not argue with a word you say there.

2 hours ago, Doha said:

We just need a frigging win, 

Crap league this, 

Hope to have Pope back in 3 weeks. We need that sort of personality on the pitch who will drag and carry the rest of them. 

Yep. It is a crap  league and we are near the bottom of it. Tells you something.

Pope can only rescue us so many times. But agree I prey for him back.

Archived