Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Advert

8 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Are you ok?

Question is are you? 

You seem deeply affected by Askey leaving... like really upset.

I see the latest manifestation of that is questions around who signed the players ... I assume to try and deflect criticism away from John?

I haven’t seen anyone be this affected by a manager sacking before. You seem incapable of letting it go. 

It’s ok to be sad about it. Just don’t let it affect you life too much.

You thought that “Are you ok” line was going to go better didn’t you? 😂

27 minutes ago, pete vale said:

I'm paient after 40 odd years. Losing league status would be devastating. looking at the form tables, ours is rubbish but barrow, Grimsby and Colchester are worse. Odds suggest 20th/ 21st place, this lack of goals, particularly when defending and playing OK, worries me, it did early season with Askey.

Football is a 'funny old game' as Greavsie used to say. Win at salford and we get another breather. get battered in the next x2 games, and...

It's Vale... "It is what it is" as many say... Who did the recruitment, was it John Askey or Arthur Askey?!!!

Don’t think Arthur Askey would have been so stupid and a lot of the muppets on here wouldn’t have any idea who Arthur Askey is !!!! 

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Yeh you really turned that around on me didn't you.  I wish I was as clever as you.

I would suggest not focusing on intelligence... it’s really not important. Work on letting things go and moving on.

Start with accepting that although Askey did a good job in his first season, his one dimensional tactics got found out, his recruitment was poor and he couldn’t motivate his players meaning he had to go.

Will do you the world of good.

Bristol Rovers, 2015, under Darrell Clarke were the last one to do it.

Cheltenham did it possibly the year after if I recall. (May have even been the same year)

If we did go down we’d be in a good financial position compared to most clubs down there especially off the field but on the flip side Wrexham with their Hollywood project would be tough to stop and some big clubs down there, Chesterfield, Stockport, Notts County... wouldn’t be easy.

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

Salford drew with Southend today so hopefully Clarke can get the heads up again and we get something on Tuesday.

Hopefully we can get a few off the injury table which I think DC dropped a hint of in his interview ... it will be another tough game that’s for sure!

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

So vale v Cambridge....

Demonstration that DC is slowly improving the squad. 

Cambridge didn’t look like a top of the table team today and I think that is down to our structure and professional performance at the back.

We need to quickly learn how to attach some serious attacking intent to that defensive foundation.

Huge summer coming up!

I also thought the pitch was pretty rubbish!

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Demonstration that DC is slowly improving the squad. 

Cambridge didn’t look like a top of the table team today and I think that is down to our structure and professional performance at the back.

We need to quickly learn how to attach some serious attacking intent to that defensive foundation.

Huge summer coming up!

I also thought the pitch was pretty rubbish!

Agree, much improved. At least the players are playing for him. I thought out attacking play was much better, just have to stick the ball in the net when that big chance comes which we didn’t. Had a feeling we would lose after that miss. Pitch looked great until they started playing on it, not the best. 

Agree RE Cambridge, most sides do seem quite similar in this division, the overall standard has been very low this season. Hoolahan stood out though  

Can’t wait to see the turn around in players in the summer just hope we are in this league and not the league below. 

Archived