onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

0-0 would have been a fair result today, Tuesday I thought Stevenage were better than us. It's worrying, we look decent again defensively at a cost - that cost is play in the final third.

We have only Devante Rodney up top, Pope may still have to play as in my opinion Cullen, robinson and Guthrie offer little or nothing.

The 8 point gap can and will possibly disappear in the next 8-10 games meaning that at game 40 we may well be in the sh8t big time. Who signed these awful players, was it Askey? If we were shelling out the big bucks on Flitcroft and Clarke it should have been done much earlier with the view to trying to sort something transfer wise in and out.

Both Flitcroft and Clarke talk a good game, let's not hope it is merely that. gentleman you may have to make a silk purse from a sows ear.....

Advert

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done with those six available. 

We lost , again. We know we have players missing. Manny, Amoo question why we even consider them as being fit anyway. Joyce has played almost all season.  Gibbons, hope we are not rushing him back too soon. Thought Mills did not let us down today. Worral yes, major loss, even though i criticise him for his lack of goals. Pope, you have to admit that most fans have not been calling for him much this season.

I said earlier, our best hope of survival is to have Gibbons, Montano fully fit, Joyce and Worrall back to fitness and a half fit Pope is best we can hope for. All playing regularly and thenn i believe we will secure enough points for survival.. We need creativity and goals. Lest hope we can limp through this season and then start again.

The last full season that was played we finished 20th, Cambridge finished 21st.

here and now, they are top and we are still 20th. Clarke has got a big job on his hands but he’s doing it after treading water in the interim with a manager who will probably never see the football league again.

20 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don't think fans hounded out Askey, they never attended any games unless you think he was trowling social media searching for fans feedback?

No we where hurtling towards the bottom end of the division under Askey,the players had stopped giving effort and he knew his time was up which is why he was extremely emotional after the game at Mansfield. Who could blame him. His players had badly let him down after he had been very loyal to them in the summer?

The clown we are led by now, own the evidence of 3 games so far, with players who had downed tools under Askey has got them giving maximum effort again and stopped us conceding a ridiculous number of goals.A good place to start.

We are currently missing Worrall & Amoo who are the teams main creative players. Its hardly a surprise we are not looking as dangerous without at least one of those players.

Thats what we have learnt.

I attended games and Askey and the team were a total embarrassment !!!! Askey standing  the arms folded, while watching a bunch of incompetents who put the word professional to shame 

I can definitely see Rodney and Robinson together next time out. Like others have said get that arm strapped up and throw Pope on. If he gets 5 before the end of the season I’ll change my preference to giving him a new contract lol. <ovf censored> it make it 2 years, just keep us up!

1 hour ago, Valepopey11 said:

since we hounded asked out its been a relentless slip to the bottom reaches of the division. it is inevitable we go down. askey was reliable and capable as he proved at macclesfield. we are now led by a clown who doesn't want to score goals. when will we learn.

Ridiculous post. We are where we are because of JA. The new team have to pick it up now and help us to safety. But the team JA has left us with leaves a lot to be desired 

6 minutes ago, pete vale said:

0-0 would have been a fair result today, Tuesday I thought Stevenage were better than us. It's worrying, we look decent again defensively at a cost - that cost is play in the final third.

We have only Devante Rodney up top, Pope may still have to play as in my opinion Cullen, robinson and Guthrie offer little or nothing.

The 8 point gap can and will possibly disappear in the next 8-10 games meaning that at game 40 we may well be in the sh8t big time. Who signed these awful players, was it Askey? If we were shelling out the big bucks on Flitcroft and Clarke it should have been done much earlier with the view to trying to sort something transfer wise in and out.

Both Flitcroft and Clarke talk a good game, let's not hope it is merely that. gentleman you may have to make a silk purse from a sows ear.....

I think that both have come into this situation with their eyes open. Clarke obviously has an ego,as all managers should,but he has a chance to really prove himself here. I am all in favour of the club taking this bold step at the toughest of times and I feel we can only back what I see as a genuine leap of faith by our owners. Just get behind it fellow Valeites,it could go wrong and it has before,but it could be bloody wonderful. Have faith, it's what keeps us going, especially in these sh!t times UTV forever.

1 hour ago, Properman said:

I hope you all pope haters now crawl up your own arse. We miss him so much it's untrue.  We need a bit of battle, and start upping the fight.

Yes,he may add to his /this seasons totals of 3 goals and 1 assist and 1 win when he has scored..🙄

59 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I believe Gannon was probably right in what he “diagnosed” but how he went about rectifying it was completely wrong. Likewise I think Clarke is spot on when he talks about lack of quality, unbalanced squad etc, but I’m not sure I like the way he transmits this. In the first two games, he’s struck me as a cross between Gannon and Nathan Jones, neither of whom enjoyed their time in Staffordshire.....

Not seen his thoughts of today yet.

Maybe a bit of Jim Gannon but where are you getting Nathan Jones from?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What is frustrating me is this league Is pants .

I've just looked at the table.

Bolton are in the play offs and Bradford are only 4 points off with 2 in hand. 

Neither of those are particularly good and neither are Cambridge .

To be where we are is an absolute shameful disgrace by the players 

Disagree.

Our whole squad lacks enough creativity and goals to secure a top half finish. This season has shown up problems / issues which leave us fighting survival.

We have a poor squad

1 minute ago, Aguar61 said:

I think that both have come into this situation with their eyes open. Clarke obviously has an ego,as all managers should,but he has a chance to really prove himself here. I am all in favour of the club taking this bold step at the toughest of times and I feel we can only back what I see as a genuine leap of faith by our owners. Just get behind it fellow Valeites,it could go wrong and it has before,but it could be bloody wonderful. Have faith, it's what keeps us going, especially in these sh!t times UTV forever.

We have no alternative but to have faith Aguar61, my point is that how on earth have we arrived at this point?

It's hard to believe, that knowing we had no support for Tom pope apart from Cullen who obviously now has fitness issues we end up in this mess apart from Rodney who looks our only glimmer of a goal. Let's hope he sticks a couple on Salford Tuesday!! You never know but I won't be running to the bookies!!!

I "nearly" had a bet on us for promotion!!

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

Disagree.

Our whole squad lacks enough creativity and goals to secure a top half finish. This season has shown up problems / issues which leave us fighting survival.

We have a poor squad

That's fine mate be boring if we all agreed. 

I agree the squad is terrible. The first and best X1 is decent. But injury and suspension is part and parcel of the game so our poor squad has led to our downfall. 

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

We won't go down.

Clarke has had a good look at most of the players now.  He has swapped things around a bit and they will have learnt alot about them.  I would expect another couple of poor ish games whilst he trys a few things and then we will go on a decent run with a relatively settled side.   We will finish well clear.

Stop having a go then  -  2 points from 9

You appear not to know what you are on about or are you trying to cover yourself and keep people happy.

Archived