onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

11 minutes ago, Powerline said:

But who in their right mind would take them? Surely this is their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window. I wouldn’t touch half our current squad with a barge pole, even if I was a national league club.

11 minutes ago, Powerline said:

But who in their right mind would take them? Surely this is their opportunity to put themselves in the shop window. I wouldn’t touch half our current squad with a barge pole, even if I was a national league club.

That’s not the point. They’re still here and we need them to play as well as they can. 

Advert

13 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t think the majority of our squad will be playing league football next season and I don’t mean because we will be relegated. I think they are that standard at best. Some not even that 

Don’t worry all the dire ones under contract like fan favourite, Theo Robinson will be staying. This idea of a  “mutual termination” won’t happen because Theo will be looking at the Isthmian league for £50 a week based on what he is doing for us. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Don’t worry all the dire ones under contract like fan favourite, Theo Robinson will be staying. This idea of a  “mutual termination” won’t happen because Theo will be looking at the Isthmian league for £50 a week based on what he is doing for us. 

I think he would be lucky to get a club at that level. Full on cart horse. 

Just now, Properman said:

I hope you all pope haters now crawl up your own arse. We miss him so much it's untrue.  We need a bit of battle, and start upping the fight.

I’ve been critical of Pope saying ideally he shouldn’t be starting anymore if we want to do anything at our level but by christ I wish he was fit right now.

Just now, Properman said:

I hope you all pope haters now crawl up your own arse. We miss him so much it's untrue.  We need a bit of battle, and start upping the fight.

Why is it always pope haters? Nobody hates him infact the opposite. What is true is that he’s not getting any younger and isn’t what he used to be. (Not scored many when he played this season). Nobody hates him they’re just realistic. I do agree I’d love to him back now and would walk into this side. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Why is it always pope haters? Nobody hates him infact the opposite. What is true is that he’s not getting any younger and isn’t what he used to be. (Not scored many when he played this season). Nobody hates him they’re just realistic. I do agree I’d love to him back now and would walk into this side. 

That's fair. We can't keep pinning our hopes on him to bail us out.

20 minutes ago, mikey said:

Colchester 2 down

It's gonna turn into that time of the season again where we know we can't rely on our own results, and will be checking Barrow/Grimsby/Southend/Colchester results every week and praying for a miracle.

The thing is about this tin-pot league is that if we'd have won the last 2 games we'd be 14th and probably safe.

2 minutes ago, Valepopey11 said:

since we hounded asked out its been a relentless slip to the bottom reaches of the division. it is inevitable we go down. askey was reliable and capable as he proved at macclesfield. we are now led by a clown who doesn't want to score goals. when will we learn.

On 02/01/2021 at 16:16, Valepopey11 said:

We’re desperately lacking luck at the moment, however we NEED a new a manager, I know this might divide opinion but tony pulis has just left sheff Wednesday, just a thought

2/10 Dario, try harder. 

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

No not getting younger, but puts it all in. We are crap and I would have more players like pope than than the crap we have. Go back 4 months and look at what people said, then come back and tell me I am wrong.

47 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Missing today, Gibbons, Worrall, Oyeleke, Amoo, Joyce and Pope. All of this would be in most fans first 11 when fit. None played today. We didn’t deserve to lose that and probably wouldn’t have done with those six available. 

Agree in the main, but Joyce wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever. He's another that's hopefully in his final season for us.

What is frustrating me is this league Is pants .

I've just looked at the table.

Bolton are in the play offs and Bradford are only 4 points off with 2 in hand. 

Neither of those are particularly good and neither are Cambridge .

To be where we are is an absolute shameful disgrace by the players 

Archived