onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Workmanlike, disciplined but missing quality. Particularly in the final third. Ultimately, far too many of our key players are out injured at the moment.

I thought Cambridge paid us a bit of respect, got men behind the ball at times during the game but it felt ominous that a sucker punch was coming. At least to a pessimist like me anyway.

Neither Guthrie nor Robinson look like players who are capable of putting the ball in the net.

Advert

I know people have said our  strikers have been working hard but the reality is their first job is to score. Thats why they exist. A midfielder can get away with a hardworking performance but strikers are judged by the goals scored column. That is their primary role, good strikers score goals. Ones who arent play in the striking positions but dont do their day job and score.

3 minutes ago, osprey said:

we could be 

We should be ok.  We look better organised and just need to keep the points ticking over.

if we’d got the draw that we deserved today then things would have looked much brighter.  I’m hoping for an undeserved win on Tuesday to balance things out.

also that team today was significantly depleted by injury.  If we can get a few back then we should have enough to see us through.

Disappointed to lose that one. We didn't create much but neither did the league leaders and it took a wonder goal to win the game. Guthrie missed a sitter but he put himself about well and won us some free kicks in dangerous areas. Rodney put in a lot of effort but needs to learn when to pass and when to shoot. 

One thing that can't help is the pitch. It looks horrific, one of the worst in the football league. It doesnt inspire great football to be played on it. Come on Speedy sort it out it is a joke. 

8 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I don’t know what got into Birchall... maybe he saw Yates get the plaudits for being direct with his comments and has copied him to try and forge his career as a pundit... but he was way over the top. Sounded a bit daft at the end.

You are better than that Chris.

He may be , we arent. His relegation concerns are valid.

3 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

We should be ok.  We look better organised and just need to keep the points ticking over.

if we’d got the draw that we deserved today then things would have looked much brighter.  I’m hoping for an undeserved win on Tuesday to balance things out.

also that team today was significantly depleted by injury.  If we can get a few back then we should have enough to see us through.

we have been depleted by injuries all season. Busiest room at the Vale is the physio room. Even we get some back they dont last before getting injured again.

When it came to crunch time to here was only going to be one winner. Yes it was a fantastic strike but there was only one team going to score.

Get them in for training tomorrow give them the ball point to the net and tell them to <ovf censored> kick it at it.

Don't want all this <ovf censored> of worked hard, looked competitive etc etc I don't want to see Port Vale 0 particularly when playing at home! End of!

Archived