onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Advert

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

We could have all 5 strikers on - It wouldn't change anything when there's such a lack of creativity in the side. We miss Worrall like a nutsack would miss a pair of balls.

I'd also say that we miss Amoo, as inconsistent and injury-prone that he is (and that is perhaps the reason why 'we are where we are') - him & Worrall are the only ones that can produce a spark or bit of magic to create a goal, even if they do naff-all else for the rest of the game.

Unlucky, haven’t really deserved that, but the game changes on the Guthrie chance. I said before and I said it again, this feels like our last relegation season. Changes to personnel and formations one game to the next, no identity, cannot see where the next goal let alone point is coming from, weak midfield and you just know we are going to concede. This is not a slight on Clarke (though I’m not convinced at all 3 games in I have to be honest) but I really do fear the worst. 

I am sickened. They didn’t deserve that at all, point was fully the right result. Again looked solid defensively just got done by a wonder strike. Looked much better actually passing through the midfield, although could still do with creating more. And when we get chances like Guthrie’s we absolutely have to take them.

Im seriously getting concerned for our league status now. I can’t see where the next win is coming from. If we continue playing like today maybe we can get enough draws to stay up, but I’m very worried that we could be heading out the league.

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

I'd also say we miss Amoo, as inconsistent and injury-prone that he is (and that sums up why 'we are where we are') - him & Worrall are the only ones that can produce a spark or bit of magic to create a goal, even if they do naff-all else for the rest of the game.

Put a fit Amoo, Worrall, Oyeleke and Pope in the side today and we beat these, of that I have no doubt. But it's just not going to happen. Both Oyeleke and Amoo are crocks and need to be replaced well in a few months time.

Tough to take.  Nothing in the game.  They huffed and puffed, as did we.  Think we ran out of steam a bit towards the end.  Other than that, keeping in mind the quality of the opposition, that was miles better than the last 2 games but we just don’t look like scoring and without a goal we’re not picking up the full 3 points anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I am sickened. They didn’t deserve that at all, point was fully the right result. Again looked solid defensively just got done by a wonder strike. Looked much better actually passing through the midfield, although could still do with creating more. And when we get chances like Guthrie’s we absolutely have to take them.

Im seriously getting concerned for our league status now. I can’t see where the next win is coming from. If we continue playing like today maybe we can get enough draws to stay up, but I’m very worried that we could be heading out the league.

Feel much the same and what also worries me is that 3 out of the bottom 4 have 2 games in hand on us. Not good...

Point was fair but we can't 0-0 our way to safety.

I'm very very worried. Maybe a point at best next 2 games and then Oldham who are one of if not the best away teams in the division. 

Positive substitutions was good to see.

Ultimately Guthrie miss has cost us the game, never even for a millisecond did he look like he'd score 

Archived