onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

The thing is as boring as it may be if he can get us 3 or 4 unbeaten by drawing hard to watch horrible games it will lift the confidence of the squad and hopefully set us up for some better performances and wins

Issue is if teams below keep winning or just win one game they’ll keep closing in. We’re desperate for a win. A horrible win will do, anything as we’ve got some tough games coming up 

Advert

Just now, PV1973 said:

Whilst I’m sure the Cambridge manager doesn’t come on here, I can’t believe you want someone to leak the team they played in training online. 

Well yes when you put it like that ,NO I do not he could put something like we will be stronger in some areas than Tues or he could put there will be changes etc he doesnot have directly tell me the team with working nights if I know the team I will wake up earlier in anticipation of seeing a better going at the oppositions goal than tues or should I just stay asleep and hope we have nicked a 1-0 win with very little in terms of the Vale what thrashed Bolton and Southend on show .

Private message me etc I will not disclose the team etc 

UTV 

4 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Whilst I’m sure the Cambridge manager doesn’t come on here, I can’t believe you want someone to leak the team and team shape they played in the training game. 

Leaking this hot news on this forum is no big deal, I would guess it's not beyond Cambridge to have a scout turn up to watch our training at the back of the Bycars if they so desire.

15 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Leaking this hot news on this forum is no big deal, I would guess it's not beyond Cambridge to have a scout turn up to watch our training at the back of the Bycars if they so desire.

That wouldnt be classed as essential travel. 

On 24/02/2021 at 23:18, TylerB said:

In League Two is doesn't matter all that much who you're playing. All it takes is for a couple of players on either side to have an off day and it can change the result considerably. If we score first it wouldn't surprise me to see us to suddenly start playing with confidence which will mean moving the ball much quicker and winning more second balls. I fancy us to get something, though the most likely result will be another low scoring draw. Cambridge are decent but nothing at all to be afraid of.

For once I totally agree with you.

1 hour ago, Mario said:
11 hours ago, Wrex said:
Why not?

Er...Because travelling to watch your opposition training is not essential not in my world especially when football is closed down

Well in this world that we live in elite football isn't closed down and scouts can't be watch opposition training from home so they'll have to travel down for that. If they think it's worth their time anyway

40 minutes ago, osprey said:

Would spying on opposition training sessions be in a job description?

That was the thing with the Leeds manager a year or so ago. He couldn't understand why people had a problem with it. Though in that case the scout had to go onto private land to watch it. But that's the Championship anyway, not sure they'd bother at League Two level

Listening to DC’s match preview, he doesn’t seem fazed by them and we certainly shouldn’t be. From top to bottom this league is rubbish, they’re just the least rubbish at the moment and any day they can be beaten.

DC interrupts every question he’s asked before the interviewer has finished speaking, it’s a bit awkward and bullish but hey he obviously rates himself.

He goes off on Askey in a big way too, worth a listen.

Oh well just read the pre match interview seems very UP for it let's hope theres more quality about the Vale tomoz and I do not want to hear DC after the match saying we lack quality so its over to the players selected to get the first goal and then pass and move with authority ,like how he notices everything us support notice Crookes has to improve his distribution ten fold and come think of it so do all the defensive players ,Smith has joined in over the years in somegamesi mean v Oldham away he did it he started a move and finished it by heading just wide ,that's what you got to do in games is pull players out of positions, make angles etc make sure you are getting in positions to hurt the opposition .

So in light of what he as being saying this is the team .

Brown 

Gibbons Legge  Smith Crookes

Burgess Conlon 

Taylor           Rodney       Montano 

Cullen (Swann or Guthrie)

At a guess I think Joyce and Worrall not going be fit by what he was being saying I think he might move Rodney to the wing where he probably is more effective and play two others up front ,who I have no idea so for that alone will wake up early to watch it .

As Robinson being impressing during training is Guthrie going be reinstated ,Cullens little cameo the other night was ok is he going get the nod or do we just play one up front and his speed of Swann be the difference but no good playing the ball in the air then in fact in my opinion apart from corners I wouldnt play the ball in the air period at all .

Like see us winning free kicks around the opposition penalty area as we all know Conlon has the quality curl one in the top corner .

We will see let's have those 3 points Vale that's all that matter comes 5 to 5 do justice to the shirt and yourselves .

UTV 

Archived