onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I'm sick to the back teeth of results like tonight at FGR because I've absolutely no faith or even hope that we for example can win at Salford and Cheltenham. 

Yet again another massive game , a win is desperate. We need 4 points from the next 9 as an absolute minimum because there's no way that all of the bottom sides will lose every game. 

3rd season out of 4 I'm pooing my pants. 

We have to target this as winnable. 

1-3 

Oh the joys of following Port Vale. We must be mad , or gluttons for punishment, or both. KTF

Cambridge have generally stuttered in recent weeks after recovering from a previous stutter and their away form is modest so it’s winnable. We’ve beaten Cheltenham, Exeter and drew with FGR for instance so it’s not as though we can’t win it.

We’ve got to defend well. Mullin and Ironside are having the season of their lives so keeping them quiet is a must.

Concern is injuries though, hopefully Worrall is back and Joyce isn’t serious.

As bad as we’ve been down the years recently plenty of teams at the top have struggled at Vale Park, Swindon, Plymouth, Exeter last season... Luton (spectacularly) and Coventry under Aspin, Mansfield and Bury the year after.

If we can rattle off a couple of wins quickly it will massively take the pressure off.

In League Two is doesn't matter all that much who you're playing. All it takes is for a couple of players on either side to have an off day and it can change the result considerably. If we score first it wouldn't surprise me to see us to suddenly start playing with confidence which will mean moving the ball much quicker and winning more second balls. I fancy us to get something, though the most likely result will be another low scoring draw. Cambridge are decent but nothing at all to be afraid of.

12 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Ok I'm sure I will have this post dismissed but here goes .

My team unless Pope Oyeleke Joyce Worrall and Amoo are fit and ready to go .

Brown 

Gibbons Smith Legge Crookes 

Hurst  Burgess Taylor Montano 

Guthrie Swann 

Last two games I have not enjoyed the captains efforts ,no one is driving us forwards thought Burgess did well in place of Joyce yesterday he certainly did not let us down and maybe deserves a start ,well I think he does. 

Guthrie comes in for Rodney I am sorry he just is not doing it at present and needs a sharp reminder of the what the fans expect of him ,last two games in general not being involved enough in my opinion last night another who you can say HID well in case you have not noticed we are only 10 points from drop so run harder .

Guthrie for all the moaning of him I read yesterday before the game at least gets the opposition team turned .

Hurst comes in for me that lad is as positive as can be he is deserving of his first goal and it will not be long before he as a few assists to his name aswell .

Taylor just about stays in for me because he plays well with Burgess and I believe that will be the case again soon v Cambridge be nice .

Maybe the captain was given tactical instructions that really didn't suit his game,but I see your point.Conlon is far  better driving forward. 

12 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Maybe the captain was given tactical instructions that really didn't suit his game,but I see your point.Conlon is far  better driving forward. 

You are right, he’s doing what he’s been told to do. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter what a fan might think his best role in the team is, it’s up to the manager how he wants him to play. (I’m not saying you) but some people think players go out and just do what they fancy, when in reality it doesn’t work like that, they all should have their roles and jobs to do in a game. 

12 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

He is a better player as one of the two up top no doubt about it and yes looks like all the players being told to defend there 40 yard boxes we are that deep it's almost as though he wants to the manager that play for a 0-0 every game and do not get me started on the goal kicks its same old both games hit long hope the forwards can create something out of nothing 1 goal later in two games and not a decent attempt created with long ball boot it anywhere football. 

The amount of times we when in possession put the ball out of play is embarrassing we need get up the pitch as  far as possible from our own goal .

Cambridge are top won 3-0 at Mansfield we lost 4-0 there saturday is monumental every player who is selected needs to up there game even more so than usual ,canthey do it yes they can if they believe in themselves can we get any of those injured players back ,is Joyce badly injured or was it a small one where he is fine as Popey recovered I heard he was running and back in training but was still not ready but that was two weeks ago ,is Amoo going be out there with Gibbons we certainly need one of his creative or goalscoring games ,wheres Oyeleke he has the ability take the ball deep into opposition areas ,is he fit enough get back though when they have the ball ,where is Brisley what's is injury, and has Worrall recovered and more importantly with them I've just mentioned can they give us fans 90 mins of excellence if selected .

I was looking forwards to the Stevenage game but to play 85 per cent of game with 8 men and the goalie behind the ball disappointed me greatly push up the pitch and compete in areas where a freak shot may not go in our net ,we made Stevenage look a top side they are not .

Clarke is making us harder to beat I admire that however we have players who can hurt the opposition so hurt them then when 2 up do the ugly stuff which is so evident on his first 2 matches 

UTV 

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

He is a better player as one of the two up top no doubt about it and yes looks like all the players being told to defend there 40 yard boxes we are that deep it's almost as though he wants to the manager that play for a 0-0 every game and do not get me started on the goal kicks its same old both games hit long hope the forwards can create something out of nothing 1 goal later in two games and not a decent attempt created with long ball boot it anywhere football. 

The amount of times we when in possession put the ball out of play is embarrassing we need get up the pitch as  far as possible from our own goal .

Cambridge are top won 3-0 at Mansfield we lost 4-0 there saturday is monumental every player who is selected needs to up there game even more so than usual ,canthey do it yes they can if they believe in themselves can we get any of those injured players back ,is Joyce badly injured or was it a small one where he is fine as Popey recovered I heard he was running and back in training but was still not ready but that was two weeks ago ,is Amoo going be out there with Gibbons we certainly need one of his creative or goalscoring games ,wheres Oyeleke he has the ability take the ball deep into opposition areas ,is he fit enough get back though when they have the ball ,where is Brisley what's is injury, and has Worrall recovered and more importantly with them I've just mentioned can they give us fans 90 mins of excellence if selected .

I was looking forwards to the Stevenage game but to play 85 per cent of game with 8 men and the goalie behind the ball disappointed me greatly push up the pitch and compete in areas where a freak shot may not go in our net ,we made Stevenage look a top side they are not .

Clarke is making us harder to beat I admire that however we have players who can hurt the opposition so hurt them then when 2 up do the ugly stuff which is so evident on his first 2 matches 

UTV 

I think a second clean sheet in a row will be his priority so don’t expect too many fireworks going forward again... i saw them training this morning... definite emphasis on the defensive shape and cohesion.

1 minute ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I think a second clean sheet in a row will be his priority so don’t expect too many fireworks going forward again... i saw them training this morning... definite emphasis on the defensive shape and cohesion.

Can well believe it , I wouldnt be giving as much of the pitch up v a talented Cambridge side as we did v a average Stevenage side ,be watching it though, am I excited No ,more like petrified .

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Also after  watching them this morning I work nights I cannot watch them what's the team is there any of the players missing involved ? 

15 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Also after  watching them this morning I work nights I cannot watch them what's the team is there any of the players missing involved ? 

Whilst I’m sure the Cambridge manager doesn’t come on here, I can’t believe you want someone to leak the team and team shape they played in the training game. 

Archived