onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Negative Carl.

butt lane vale fan

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

He is right to some extent though.  We will go through managers because every time we have a bad patch the fans want blood.

Clarke is tasked with bringing through youth players and developing them.  Our fans don't have the patience to allow somebody to build something and don't have the minerals to avoid panicking when we have a rough period.

Since Micky Adams, we have had 2 very good managers in Page and Askey.  Both of whom were building something and were improving players.  Now everyone blames Norman for Page but these forums were full of folk wanting him gone long before that summer.  They said it was boring and dire to watch.  Askey preformed a miracle keeping us up, nearly got us promoted the following season and then had a serious issue this.  It took just 3 or 4 weeks of poor results for folk to turn on him.  Clarke will not give people what they want, we will be hard to beat but we won't be putting teams to the sword.  He will get this season whilst folk blame Askey for everything, but if we don't start next season winning games he will be getting dogs abuse and the cycle continues.

At some point we have to back somebody over 3 or 4 seasons come what may, but Vale fans won't.

I don't think the positions of the other two local football clubs help either?Patience is the key.

KTF.

Advert

Not having a dig at the OP at all but Carl gets what he craves attention...A thread dedicated to him, he does it for attention, there are posters on here who love to throw the controversy bomb in just so they can get attention I feel sorry for them.

He is right to some extent though.  We will go through managers because every time we have a bad patch the fans want blood.
Clarke is tasked with bringing through youth players and developing them.  Our fans don't have the patience to allow somebody to build something and don't have the minerals to avoid panicking when we have a rough period.
Since Micky Adams, we have had 2 very good managers in Page and Askey.  Both of whom were building something and were improving players.  Now everyone blames Norman for Page but these forums were full of folk wanting him gone long before that summer.  They said it was boring and dire to watch.  Askey preformed a miracle keeping us up, nearly got us promoted the following season and then had a serious issue this.  It took just 3 or 4 weeks of poor results for folk to turn on him.  Clarke will not give people what they want, we will be hard to beat but we won't be putting teams to the sword.  He will get this season whilst folk blame Askey for everything, but if we don't start next season winning games he will be getting dogs abuse and the cycle continues.
At some point we have to back somebody over 3 or 4 seasons come what may, but Vale fans won't.

Askey’s history. The sooner you get over it the better.

Nobody absolutely nobody does that anymore
Look at Leicester with Claudio Ranieri , even some liverpool fans are questioning klopp for Pete’s sake

I don’t know why anyone listens to RS. That annoying woman Angela Smith, what a footballing guru she is, NOT. The presenters talk a load of patronising, donkey twaddle. It’s as though they don’t want to ask certain questions in case, it makes the interviewee feel uncomfortable. They don’t have to be rude but should ask relevant questions. CS won’t ban them from Vale like some owners may do.

2 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

I see your point, I don't think Vale fans are particularly patient and looking at the facebook page last night you'd think the knives were being sharpened already.

Its football fans everywhere though isn't it? Watch a performance like last night and it is very hard to be positive. If we'd romped to a 4 nil win then it's the other extreme. Euphoria!

It's an emotional thing football.

I think what I would say is that I'm very confident that Darrell Clarke won't be taking any notice of it if he does come under fire early doors. He doesn't strike me as the soft touch type at all. And that is definitely what we need.

I think Askey folded.  The world was on his shoulders and he let it beat him. Not just from fans but players as well.

I don't think Clarke will. It's his way or you're down the road.

Carl is very negative but it seems an odd time to make such a thread. On here people broadly agreed that the game was horrifically boring and Clarke pretty much laid into the players by saying the quality was nowhere near good enough. There isn't much to be positive about other than the faith that the ownership and new management structure will allow an overhaul of the squad and success in 1-2 seasons time.

Carl gets rung up and asked to go on because he's got an angle.

These people have got a radio programme to make and they need to spark a debate somehow. What point is there in putting level headed callers on the radio if all people do is nod their heads and agree?

There's a fine line between being provocative and edgy, and people just thinking you're a ***bhead. There was an old Sports presenter called Rob McKeon who fell into the latter category, as did the bloke off the mid morning show in the 90s (Jason Dean?)

If people want to ring up and engage with it then fair enough. I'd rather stick Radio 3 on and do some mindfulness exercises.

I think you are right and in that moment he needed support but found none.  I believe he was let down badly by the club and the fans in the end and now we are needlessly paying for 2 managers (effectively) instead of one.

Are you going to go and support Askey’s next team?

I think you are right and in that moment he needed support but found none.  I believe he was let down badly by the club and the fans in the end and now we are needlessly paying for 2 managers (effectively) instead of one.

I see your point to a certain degree, regarding the club, due to the lack of footballing knowledge at the top. I have to ask the question but I don’t know the answer because I’m not in the know. If anyone gave him advice would he take it or was he just allowed to do what he wanted. 

Even if you are obsessed with Askey, you have to see that the football department was severely lacking... so much so that your messiah couldn’t make it work. That alone should make you realise that we are not simply “paying for 2 when 1 would do” but actually investing in professionalising that side of the club.

I for one look forward to a summer where signings are not predominantly taken from Macc or Sprosons stable.

How was he let down by the fans ?

My last game was Cheltenham on March 7th 2020 

52 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Because the fans turned on him, albeit from afar.

We will see what happens now, we have double the input, there is going to be a large turnover of players whichever league we are in.  I predict by Christmas these pages are filled with folk wanting another change.  Clarke and DF are charged with a long term strategy, but fans won't accept that if we are not winning matches.

I like your posts , and I liked Askey  , but whatever happened before or after the Kings Lynn game , and the subsequent bad run , is gone now. Very early days for Clarke, and I have faith in him and Flitcroft to do a job. I see your point though. 

Archived