onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Negative Carl.

butt lane vale fan

Why do Radio Stoke, continue to give this bloke Air Time. 2 minutes listening and I'm ready throw myself off the Bloody A53 flyover.

Tonights Carl's classic, basically saying the club will go through several managers. FFS give Clarke chance. He comes across a decent manager if given time. Will take several seasons to rebuild the squad. This Season survive even if ugly, then the rebuild starts.

Advert

I don't know why RS give this bloke the oxygen of publicity. He doesn't go, probably doesn't fork out to watch. But  always gets on holding forth on all things Vale.

Yeah we were pizz poor. But we didn't lose. I paid to watch it. I have a mental picture of Jim Royle every time his name comes up.

4 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Why do Radio Stoke, continue to give this bloke Air Time. 2 minutes listening and I'm ready throw myself off the Bloody A53 flyover.

Tonights Carl's classic, basically saying the club will go through several managers. FFS give Clarke chance. He comes across a decent manager if given time. Will take several seasons to rebuild the squad. This Season survive even if ugly, then the rebuild starts.

Radio Stoke have a list of their favourites to contact each week if the lines are quiet,no doubt about that.They give the normal chosen few plenty of air time in contrast to the amount given to other less regular "callers".I get sick of hearing their "come on Vale(or Crewe) fans give us a call,where are you?",when we know the programme is sorted !!Last night we needed our" Dave "with his "Attack,attack,attack "as that was bloody missing

Being negative about a game of football is the easiest thing to do, there’s always another option a player could do in a game either with the ball or positionally. There’s always another tactical decision that a manager could make in his team selection or as a game progresses. I wonder if people forget that we’re playing 11 other blokes who want to stop us doing what we want to do. The game isn’t just about what you do going forwards like some people seem to think, and they only judge performances on that. It’s not as easy as cutting through the opposition and scoring or beating a man down the wing and getting a cross in. Sometimes you have to do the basics to grind results out if necessary, that’s just as important as someone up front producing a match winning moment.  I couldn’t fault the effort of the players last night, they weren’t terrible through a lack of effort as some were trying to make out. It looked to me like they left everything out on the pitch. Things didn’t work as we wanted from the forwards and midfielders and we ended up having to defend well. Listening to the managers interview this morning it looks like he takes that view of the game too. I question how long we actually had to work on that formation, I would imagine only Monday. So we haven’t even given ourselves the chance to bed in or get used to that new way of playing. So I wonder if that was chosen because we had no Worrall or if it was a bit of a test from the manager to the players? But in a nutshell all I’m saying is too many football fans are quick to be negative, the modern football fan seems to come across as being more entitled to success and winning every week and when it doesn’t happen then they write off players as rubbish or even a manager before he’s done anything and that provokes debate. Thats why people like Carl get on praise and grumble often IMO, it provokes a reaction. 

What I don't get is the arrogance of us Vale fans at times myself included. We are moaning about a draw with poor crappy little Stevenage. I'm afraid we need to accept that we are no longer in the championship haven't been for decades in fact 2 out of the last 3 seasons we've barely clung on to our league status and I'm not yet convinced we're going to stay up this year. It pains me to say it but at the the moment we are poor crappy Port Vale and teams that play us expect to beat us.

Football fans ( and I include myself here ) are notoriously fickle.

What we have here is similar to Lard down the road. We have got to be patient which is very difficult to do as we all crave success . This is going to be a total rebuild with in my eyes 12 plus departures. It might not be until the season after we see the fruition. Are our fanbase patient enough ? 

With regards to RS I pointed out on another thread that it's the same callers, I was on during the Brown days and the researcher rang me every Friday and Monday to see if I wanted to go on. This is why they wheel out Bryn, Carl, Kevin, Ben etc . After about 3 times of being on and talked down by Blakeman because only his opinion counts I stopped bothering. 

I guarantee if we are 10th next season that RS be full of moaners questioning Clarke 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

What I don't get is the arrogance of us Vale fans at times myself included. We are moaning about a draw with poor crappy little Stevenage. I'm afraid we need to accept that we are no longer in the championship haven't been for decades in fact 2 out of the last 3 seasons we've barely clung on to our league status and I'm not yet convinced we're going to stay up this year. It pains me to say it but at the the moment we are poor crappy Port Vale and teams that play us expect to beat us.

As MA said once at Bristol Rovers

"We aren't Real Madrid"?

9 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

To wind everybody up, I turn off when he comes on

When the game finishes I close the laptop lid and make a point of not listening to any of the post-match rubbish. Unless Stoke have lost and their nutters start ringing up.

As for pre-match on iFollow, who wouldn't want to build up to the big game by listening to McGarry and Morse go on and on and on about Crewe?

The mute button had a lot of use last night.

PS Leyton Orient's presentation and analysis on their stream was good.

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Good post. Absorb it Carl, then shut up, please.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

What we have here is similar to Lard down the road. We have got to be patient which is very difficult to do as we all crave success . This is going to be a total rebuild with in my eyes 12 plus departures. It might not be until the season after we see the fruition. Are our fanbase patient enough ? 

With regards to RS I pointed out on another thread that it's the same callers, I was on during the Brown days and the researcher rang me every Friday and Monday to see if I wanted to go on. This is why they wheel out Bryn, Carl, Kevin, Ben etc . After about 3 times of being on and talked down by Blakeman because only his opinion counts I stopped bothering. 

I guarantee if we are 10th next season that RS be full of moaners questioning Clarke 

Thanks for that darren,as its what I've been told too.They are so negative, towards Vale fans not phoning in ,as they have their own agenda.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Our friends down at the southern end of the city have their own moaner in the form of Jimmy.Him and Carl would make the perfect comedy duo called 'Doom & Gloom'?

Archived