Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Advert:

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Barrow and Grimsby have both won...but Mansfield and Colchester have both lost. Mansfield now been dragged into the mix. It's a useful point for us, tonight - not a good one, but useful. I'm not

I think some people need to give players a bit of time. Guthrie's had six games after being out in the cold for some time at Bradford. For me, he's still finding match sharpness but that will only com

First job was to stop leaking goals, we've done that tonight. That's a positive.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Looks like 3 at the back to me very exciting

03158BD5-21FC-4232-B7BE-BCC902F47F4C.png

Yeah I like the look of that if that’s what DC has gone with!

Could it be a 433 with Monty and Rodney in a 3 with Swan?

Advert:

7 hours ago, robf said:

I think some people need to give players a bit of time. Guthrie's had six games after being out in the cold for some time at Bradford. For me, he's still finding match sharpness but that will only come through playing.

It's no hard and fast rule but I would judge someone ten games or so into their Vale career. If you look at Rodney for instance, ten games in he had just one goal. But he then scored four in his next ten appearances.

That's probably down to a load of things - match sharpness, getting to know his teammates better after playing games with them, confidence in being in the first XI etc. 

For me, I would start with Guthrie but I'd perhaps consider 20-30 mins as a sub for Swan as well.

The trouble we have had this season is to many players coming in and out after a couple of games due to injury. 

I believe that this is why Darrell is saying about fitness, Manny, monty Gibbo and others have not played a run of consecutive games without picking up another injury.

When they do eventually get back into the team they have to start all over again trying to get match sharpness. 

For me this is one of the main reasons for the slide down the table. 

If we can get a run of games where everyone can stay fit, I am sure performances and results will get a lot better. 

KTF 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Ooh interesting. Must be three at the back. Presume they have negotiated the issue with legges contract. Is manny injured again?

Manny has had a couple of appearances so yes expect that he is injured again !!

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What matters for every single player is the now. Not what happened two years ago. If your basing it off that surely you would look at last year before 2 years ago? Just matters what he and others do for vale 

In which case we should ignore his spell at Bradford. 

• Like 1

He's a technically very good player but Oyeleke has to go this Summer. This is beyond parody. Averages 15 league games a season, it's insane. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 6

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Happy with that let's see how we do UTV 

4 Changes Taylor Swann and Legge and Montano in ,bench Guthrie mustapha and Hurst , Worrall out .

Like it good luck to the lads in Black and White 

Wozza is a big miss.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Looks like 3 at the back to me very exciting

03158BD5-21FC-4232-B7BE-BCC902F47F4C.png

Sky have put the line up your way 95... happy with that.

Crookes and Monty can double up on List who has been scoring their goals recently I think. 

And it’s 3 against their 2 in the middle whilst having the option to push Taylor up behind the 2 if we are going for it.

Goooooarn

Looks like a perfect starting XI to execute PROJECT BEAT STEVENAGE .

The only question is how many we'll score with the rampaging full backs, lethal strikeforce and goalscoring midfielders in the side.

Pred: 6-0.

Could be 352 / 532 similar to the team and formation I posted. very happy with that. Looks a really strong 11. Happy to see swan up top with Rodney as well

Edited by valiant_593

4 minutes ago, For Us All said:

Wozza is a big miss.

Agree but if Gibbo and Monty are delivering the right quality balls in and we remain solid no reason why the Vale cannot win this ,I'd like to think the desire and determination of the players who are selected should see us win this .

Looking forwards to seeing Swann and hoping Taylor's at his best tonight and I have a sneaking feeling Smith is going score or Legge but as long as we keep the back door closed then we have players who can score from many positions 

UTV 

Advert:

He's a technically very good player but Oyeleke has to go this Summer. This is beyond parody. Averages 15 league games a season, it's insane. 
He hasn't played 15 games in the last 2 seasons. Minutes played this season is 840 so that's about 9 games

1 minute ago, dishydave said:
11 minutes ago, Doha said:

He hasn't played 15 games in the last 2 seasons. Minutes played this season is 840 so that's about 9 games

Just going off his Wikipedia stats, not sure it differentiates between full starts and late subs. Even counting a 90th minute sub on as an appearance, so in his favour, the numbers are appalling. 

8riDVhF.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, newchapel valiant said:

The trouble we have had this season is to many players coming in and out after a couple of games due to injury. 

I believe that this is why Darrell is saying about fitness, Manny, monty Gibbo and others have not played a run of consecutive games without picking up another injury.

When they do eventually get back into the team they have to start all over again trying to get match sharpness. 

For me this is one of the main reasons for the slide down the table. 

If we can get a run of games where everyone can stay fit, I am sure performances and results will get a lot better. 

KTF 

Agreed, we’ve missed those key players as well. It’s sensible that we don’t rush those players back either, Askey did earlier in the season and we lost amoo and Gibbo again because of him doing that.

If that is 3 at the back tonight then the only worry I’d have is channel balls over Monty and Gibbo and them dragging Crookes and leggey out wide (hopefully Legge is the central defender of the 3). 

• Like 1