Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert:

I get we only have one defensive midfielder however you play to win not play with 9 men behind the ball ,too me you push up and play in there half ,yes i understand that defensively we have improvedwitb lots of players behind the ball  but we need to get on the front foot as we do have players who can score we have scored 41 goals in 30 games so I suggest we start trying go for it ,everybody knows that defensively you got to do the work to stop the ridiculous goals what were scored pre Clarke however I always thought the best form of defence is attack so ATTACK 

Edited by Breadwinner

Advert:

16 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Bottom 3 all won if stays the same

Now only 8 off the drop .

Yes, Southend now winning by three, sending a shiver down our collective spines.

If we get a similar set of results on Satdee, then the narrowing gap will become frightening.

After these midweek results, we have to start winning.

So much for the assumption that teams at the bottom tend to lose their games.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 2

Advert:

Advert:

5 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Let's hope so but one thing I noticed was that yesterday Cambridge rested Hoolahan. He will surely play on Saturday so just hoping that Clark has a plan to close him down.

Years ago Rudge would of got Andy Porter to nail him early doors and he wouldn't of been seen again during the game.......those were the days

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Years ago Rudge would of got Andy Porter to nail him early doors and he wouldn't of been seen again during the game.......those were the days

A bloke with more controlled aggression in his little finger than most of the current crop 

When I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, we were still in trouble and needed results, a number commented on here saying that we had nothing worry about and it was just between the bottom 3.  Looking at the table now, I think we are going to be in a relegation fight.  Last 3 away games, Southend picked up 7 points at Forest Green, Cambridge and Newport, I wonder how we will get on at Salford and Cheltenham.  

I really hope I am wrong and we have nothing to worry about but I don't want the nerves of that game we had against Chesterfield a few years back.