onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert

Lacked any composure and as per usual ball retention was no existant. Judging form Clark interview only the defence did what he was wanting (other than composure and slowing the game down to gain some form of control over it) We are far from fit and the boys can only press high and hard for 45 mins as the last two games has shown.
With no control or composure we will not ever score a goal.
Still a clean sheet. Can't wait for this season to be over.
I want to watch Vale as we all do, with a certain sense of confidence about our performances and game play. I haven't had that since October.

Reading the managers interview I think a lot of players will not be here next season. I am sure no other club of our status can carry so many injury prone  players. At our level we need a squad of players who can play thirty plus games a season. I am sure we will see a massive turn over of players this summer, sadly its needed !   

Saturday’s crystal ball is telling me:

. Guthrie and Rodney will start.

. 442 with Conlon and Joyce in the centre, Hurst and Worrall out wide.

. Crookes on the bench, harsh but hey ho.

. The players will be up for it.

. 1-0

3 hours ago, valefan16 said:

It wasn’t a classic but some positives:

Clean sheet

Never really looked like conceding

Crookes was superb defensively

Legge and Smith back to the levels we expect of them

Burgess I felt played well

Negatives

Joyce injury, second half we struggled on the ball he’s key to that

Poor in the attacking and midfield areas going forward

Taylor was awful

Manny and Worrall could we be back to losing key players?

I can see what Clarke is trying to do though beyond the criticism, he’s trying to make us hard to beat first and foremost and in the two games bar maybe the last 10/15 at Orient we’ve been solid and not really looked like haemorrhaging the goals we had been.

That has come at a cost going forward so now it’s getting that balance right. If we can be solid in the next three we have a chance of picking up something against three tough opponents even if just a couple of points to keep us ticking along and the bottom three at arms length.

It will take time but we’ve seen improvements at the back, we know we’ve the ability to score goals so it’s about linking that all together now.

Probably need another 10-12 points for safety (maybe not even that) so hopefully we can pick up the odd win here and there and grind a few draws out to get to that target quickly and then we can start to focus on the job of next season.

Cambridge next will be tough all be it they haven’t been in great form the past few games so hopefully can get something from it. (1 win, 1 draw, 2 loss) we’ve actually picked up more points than them in that time.

Wozza is always a big miss for us but the one player I am really disappointed with is Jake Taylor, who is a shadow of is former self.Where have all those shots from outside the box gone? 

Guest Vale at home
14 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

A slightly off point.  Will Radio Stoke take up most of Stoke fans Praise and Grumble time tomorrow night by playing Justin Bieber and Rita bloody Ora?  Whats that all about?

Yes ,I agree . 

Wozza is always a big miss for us but the one player I am really disappointed with is Jake Taylor, who is a shadow of is former self.Where have all those shots from outside the box gone? 

He’s miles off it tbh but so is Conlon and Joyce which doesn’t help

Since Conlon has been made captain his performances have been dire

Part of our problem, and we have many, is that we rarely have our best players on the pitch. A fit Oyeleke and Amoo would make a world of difference for us but simply put they're both crocks, and for that reason should be shipped out this summer.

Looking ahead to next season I think Brown, Gibbons and Worrall are the only players we have that we would say are ideal first teamers. Perhaps you can add Rodney and Conlon to that. The rest are a mixture of bang average, shocking and sick notes. Or simply past it, in regards to Legge and Pope.

44 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Part of our problem, and we have many, is that we rarely have our best players on the pitch. A fit Oyeleke and Amoo would make a world of difference for us but simply put they're both crocks, and for that reason should be shipped out this summer.

Looking ahead to next season I think Brown, Gibbons and Worrall are the only players we have that we would say are ideal first teamers. Perhaps you can add Rodney and Conlon to that. The rest are a mixture of bang average, shocking and sick notes. Or simply past it, in regards to Legge and Pope.

I don't see how any with functioning eye sight could disagree with that.

Brown, Gibbo, Conlon, Wozza and Rodney + 15 new players (I'd keep Crookes, Taylor and the new keeper as squad players). Even then, none of those five mentioned would be guaranteed starters in a top 7 side. The rest need to be moved on. 

On Gibbo, it's a big few months for him. Got enough credit in the bank to be given another season but I thought that the young Stevenage full back (Remeoa Hutton - on loan from Birmingham whose contract is up in the summer) looked miles ahead of Gibbons last night, especially in terms of his distribution. 

Brown 6 nothing do which was a plus that means that defensively as a team we did ok .

Gibbons 6

Smith 6

Legge 6

Crookes 7 My man of the match if he could improve his distribution somewhat he be a player I think DC would keep.

Taylor 5 struggled really badly first half and was a bit wasteful second half but felt last 20 mins did very well with Burgess in the midfield as we finally got hold of the ball .

Joyce 5 he does make us tick even drove shot just wide but on managers orders along with all the other midfielders is too deep to affect the game .

Conlon 3 apart from the flying swan dive off a cross what really he should have headed in didnt see anything of him all night ,his performances do not warrant him being in the starting xl not at any time in last two games I've thought that Conlon is stepping up to the levels we need him be ,get on the ball pass it ,drive forwards he did none of it .

Montano 6 played the ball of the night through to Rodney the one bit of top quality play and he ballsed it up ,other than that waswith all the other players too defensive thinking on orders I should imagine to be what we needed him be .,still defensively when Stevenage had the ball in the five he did well winning the ball but another who's distribution bar the one fantastic pass who was poor .

Rodney 3 what did he do ballsed up when if passed to Swann we may have taken a undeserved lead ,didnt get the ball at any time during and do something explosive and do not get me started on Browns goal kicks a statue would have made more effort head them on but for some unknown reason let's keep trying it anyway, braindead football ,very poor should have being replaced first not Swann I'd rather them put Legge up there and put mustapha at the back at least Legge would flick some balls on turning the Stevenage defence around .

I know controversial I'd drop him and Conlon on last 2 showings .

Swann 6 looked a good player but with us having no experienced pro up there with him never really got chance shine but in few moments he did get decent ball he looked capable to me .

Subs 

Burgess 6.5 a role he probably isnt suited too but covered every blade of grass and give me and probably you the only thing smile about a shot a fantastic hit which if on target would have being a wonderful goal ,enjoyed his efforts 

Cullen 6 held the ball up  well and thought was good 

11 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Thought Clarkes post match interview was  brutal and spot on , hoped it put the fear of God into our players.  Txt a Walsall mate and for what its worth here is his reply.

Welcome to the boring draw club. He talks a good game but will upset a lot of players.

They refer to him as Agent Clarke 🤣

Good. Our mostly bunch of chancers and no hopers need upsetting. Far too many have been in a comfort zone at the club for too long.

Archived