onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

It’s a lot of pressure on Monty and Gibbo to come back after both having injury issues and now being asked to essentially be the wingers and the flank defenders. No midfielders go out wide so it’s either a player who’s sat out for months doing sprints up and down the whole pitch or pull the strikers wide apart. Conlon was doing ok and now he looks like he doesn’t know his role, that can’t be coincidence. Early days though, and have we kept 2 back to back clean sheets this season before tonight? 

Eh ?

We conceded at Orient 

Advert

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

It’s a lot of pressure on Monty and Gibbo to come back after both having injury issues and now being asked to essentially be the wingers and the flank defenders. No midfielders go out wide so it’s either a player who’s sat out for months doing sprints up and down the whole pitch or pull the strikers wide apart. Conlon was doing ok and now he looks like he doesn’t know his role, that can’t be coincidence. Early days though, and have we kept 2 back to back clean sheets this season before tonight? 

The back 5 were fine defensively IMO.  Credit to Gibbo and Monty for putting a real shift in and doing a lot of running off the ball without having much to show for it in terms of them being brought into the game. 

Just now, PV1973 said:

The back 5 were fine defensively IMO.  Credit to Gibbo and Monty for putting a real shift in and doing a lot of running off the ball without having much to show for it in terms of them being brought into the game. 

I agree on both the defending and the putting a shift in. I’m saying they shouldn’t have to do all that, all the time. We have no width with that midfield 3 because Worrall and Hurst are the only ones willing to run.

Just now, valefan79 said:

What about showing the fuxtures on the 11th August and 25th August 2019 when we beat the Sheffield clubs, they were in the cup when we played them off the park.

and that would be adequate to compare to now with a new manager without his own players and no pre season.  Anyway here you go then.  You do know you're talking about the wrong season don't you?!

image.thumb.png.0b617e56354d553a6d30a6c5bfbd5ead.png

image.thumb.png.15418ea28e40f2163b28ed818f90ec68.pngimage.thumb.png.15418ea28e40f2163b28ed818f90ec68.pngimage.thumb.png.0b617e56354d553a6d30a6c5bfbd5ead.png

Just now, 1 said:

I agree on both the defending and the putting a shift in. I’m saying they shouldn’t have to do all that, all the time. We have no width with that midfield 3 because Worrall and Hurst are the only ones willing to run.

If Worrall was fit then I don’t think we would played with a back 5. 

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Micky Adams esq post match interview from Clarke. Really upfront from him again not mincing his words.

Hope all our players go home and listen to it and reflect. Message very clearly was play like that and you will be playing elsewhere next season. Bad news for the players is that with quality like that it will be on the fields at Trubshaw Cross.

2 minutes ago, mattyboy said:

and that would be adequate to compare to now with a new manager without his own players and no pre season.  Anyway here you go then.  You do know you're talking about the wrong season don't you?!

image.thumb.png.0b617e56354d553a6d30a6c5bfbd5ead.png

image.thumb.png.15418ea28e40f2163b28ed818f90ec68.pngimage.thumb.png.15418ea28e40f2163b28ed818f90ec68.pngimage.thumb.png.0b617e56354d553a6d30a6c5bfbd5ead.png

A lot of those teams playing non-league football now.

Crewe for example. *zing*

I doubt Pugh and Sinclair did anything different than they had during Askey's last few weeks - otherwise, why wouldn't they have tried out these mythical methods, sooner? At least some of the players signed had been identified while JA was still here, and, even if you don't like to admit it, most of the players signed this season were Askey signings. We're now 2 points closer to safety than we were under JA, so, if making us harder to beat, and, ultimately, reaching safety is to be Clarke's achievement I'd argue it's worth the money, as we were certainly not guaranteed safety under Askey. 
As to the new management structure, we have no idea, yet, whether it's money well invested for the future progress of the club, until a couple of seasons have gone, at least?  I'm sure John Askey is a good and decent bloke, and I've defended him this season, as that...but I'm not sure why you're so determined to insist he would have kept us up, with everything else pointing otherwise?
I think that in the position we are currently in and were in when Askey left Gannon or Glover could keep us up. We are not that bad, we have some of our players back that have been out injured.

I think we got rid of the manger too soon but can understand why we did. I think it was a big mistake to do so without a plan but I am impressed that the owners have put their hands in their pockets and brought a dof in to ensure that that sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

The football hasn't been good but we had a busier fixture schedule than most in the first half of the season and suffered for it.

There are a few different ways we can play the rest of the season from where we are. I would prefer it if that wasn't ultra defensive but can understand it if it is.

If we kick off next season with a plan to just shut the opposition out I won't be happy.

25 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You want DC to get rid of Rodney?

Didnt say that.

I will say again that i would still pick Rodney in the first 11. He has a goal in him from nowhere sometimes. He is very quick , he has a tremendous powerful shot.

I also see in him, too often, a player who offers very little when we need it from him. Perhaps i expect too much because he has scored goals but tonight i think he offered very little to the team.

He was let down by the service once again but he has to do better for himself and when the team need it from him.

Saturday will probable see a stunning goal from him

Archived