onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Fosse69

Advert

10 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Bouncy bouncy, having such a good time...

I was waiting for <ovf censored> like you come along when we don’t win because you wanted to keep Askey. Just <ovf censored> bore off and get behind the team you supposedly support. We are in this mess because of Askey’s poor recruitment. 

12 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

No one will ever convince me that we need to set up and play like this against Stevenage at home in League Two. We have created nothing.

We had two forwards, three midfield men and two attacking wing backs. Only problem was they were all useless.

Taylor might be lucky to play again after that performance.

Conlon gone off completely

Monty had a poor game

Rodney once again looks less like a footballer than me.

Please Mr Clarke GET RID !!!!

I think DC took some advice from Neil Aspin before choosing that formation! Home to Stevenage with 5 at the back plus Joyce in front of them. The wing backs rarely got forward. Rubbish!

Gibbo and Taylor miles off the pace and complete lack of quality throughout the team, especially from Crooks, Rodders and Conlon. Monty marginally better occasionally. 

Legge played well and looked like a professional footballer. Joyce did ok until injured. 

Brown had less to do than anyone, apart from their keeper, obviously, who could have read a book and still kept a clean sheet. 

I think a few of them believe their own hype. On that showing, DC will release most of them come June. 

We miss Worral and Pope so much. 

So angry, that's nowhere near good enough! 

4 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

We have played 7 games and signed 5 players since he was sacked and are closer to the bottom two than we were before then.

6 points from last 8 games under Askey, 9 points in 8 games since he left.  He has left us a load of rubbish which is going to take a long time to recover from, saying that no excuse for that tonight, it was awful.

Do we just need better hoofball type players?  Hope Clarke is in the process of eliminating what works and what doesn't,  but our pitch works great for teams who know how to use the space so I hope he doesn't resort to that crap as a way to play, even if it is early days.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Who? And how do you know? We were on a downward spiral under Askey, I actually think we have picked up more points since he left than we would have done if he had stayed. We would have lost saturday. 

Don't get drawn he's trying to be confrontational....

20 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

I know it’s only been 2 games under Clarke but the football has been terrible. The negative set up worries me.

Dont believe that was a negative set up. 532 negative set up would have played Mills and Fitzpatrick.

We had our best two full backs for attacking.

We had two attacking midfielders

We had two up front.

Problem being we were awful, against a bottom six team

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t think the formation helped us because the midfield 3 were the main problem for me. They couldn’t get hold of the ball at all, neither could the front 2 and as a result our back 5 are pushed back. I thought the back 5 were fine defensively, but when you play wingbacks the central midfielders are key to getting it down and getting it out wide. They just didn’t do that at all and those 3 should have ran the game from the middle but they just didn’t get a foothold in it.

I thought we should have changed formation in the second half, yes it’s great that players like Gibbo and Monty get another 90 mins under their belts, but Gibbo clearly tired as the half wore on and we should have made a change to give him a rest. But despite that you can’t fault the workrate that those 2 put in I bet they covered some km between them.

100% agree with that.

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

We have played 7 games and signed 5 players since he was sacked and are closer to the bottom two than we were before then.

Impossible to say with any certainty, but I suspect we would have lost these last 2. As for the other 5 post-Askey games...it was still his squad and, largely, his ideas / training being implemented!

Archived