onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: Port Vale boss Clarke answers question about Leon Legge situation

News Feed

Advert

He didn’t really answer or clarify it. I’m guessing the clause is there because otherwise why tip toe around it? 

I feel they perhaps want to maybe renegotiate something. I mean the reality is, nobody wants to give Legge a contract again on what we have seen this season, yet Legge won’t want to just sit the season out getting old and stiff. 

A compromise will be needed. 

13 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

He didn’t really answer or clarify it. I’m guessing the clause is there because otherwise why tip toe around it? 

I feel they perhaps want to maybe renegotiate something. I mean the reality is, nobody wants to give Legge a contract again on what we have seen this season, yet Legge won’t want to just sit the season out getting old and stiff. 

.Headlines often mislead, he gave an answer but not a conclusion. Contracts are usually private, we may have to bite the bullet if the loan CH  does not perform.

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

No offence to your post but I find it a bit disrespectful ,your views are not mine Leon Legge is a terrific player and has being our most excellent performer at the back in the majority of games do not judge him on when half the squad had downed tools on Askey .

Get him back in is my opinion and I'd rather have Leon in my team than against us and if it triggers another year so what he is our leader .

I think D Clarke will want him in the team and rightly so .

8 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

No offence to your post but I find it a bit disrespectful ,your views are not mine Leon Legge is a terrific player and has being our most excellent performer at the back in the majority of games do not judge him on when half the squad had downed tools on Askey .

Get him back in is my opinion and I'd rather have Leon in my team than against us and if it triggers another year so what he is our leader .

I think D Clarke will want him in the team and rightly so .

Legge has been past it this season. I don’t think he has ever been incredible and has featured in the two of the worst seasons in our history. 

Far too slow and giving him another contract on the money he is on would be barking mad. He can’t be much of a leader, as he has led us down to the bottom every season he has been here apart from the previous one. 

It is the club that needs respecting, not Legge. We are not a charity (well we are but only to the hungry, not past it footballers). 

29 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Legge has been past it this season.

Legge is passed his best sure. But Legge is a leader. Something we really lack at the back when he is not there. And a model pro as an example to others around the club. And on the pitch still better than - several others we have  in that position. 

11 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

This is the way I read it.  I think Clarke would like him on board without being tied to a contract renewal at the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Legge is passed his best sure. But Legge is a leader. Something we really lack at the back when he is not there. And a model pro as an example to others around the club. And on the pitch still better than - several others we have  in that position. 

I see him as a leader in an emperors new clothes kind of way.

There's a lot of getting pumped up and badge kissing type stuff but he's dire with the ball and is far too reckless I think. Gets sent off regularly and easily too.

Literally chops players down.

6 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Legge has been past it this season. I don’t think he has ever been incredible and has featured in the two of the worst seasons in our history. 

Far too slow and giving him another contract on the money he is on would be barking mad. He can’t be much of a leader, as he has led us down to the bottom every season he has been here apart from the previous one. 

It is the club that needs respecting, not Legge. We are not a charity (well we are but only to the hungry, not past it footballers). 

Just for debates sake how did you feel about Smith and Crookes centre half displays v Tranmere .

Do you not agree that neither of them are a leader v Scunthorpe away as well Smith and Brisley the same I do not see leadership in any of the back four apart from Gibbons and Legge .

We have to survive this season also let's look at some positive things the lads done as well v Cheltenham 1-0 down at home we needed show character who's the player who headed home the equaliser then the rest of game was superb in the turn around in the game 

V Tranmere at home scored a perfectly good goal make it 3-0 ref disallowed it and also who scored a terrific goal v Bolton in the 6-3 massacre. 

He heads everything id rather have him in our team than all the other centre halfs we have at least we have someone attacking our corners then .

I'd try him up front ,why not for 15 mins every game he would score more than most of our strikers .

I've watched bar a few all the games and Smith makes more errors than him ,he usually jogging back as the opposition  go close or score .

Leon is a very good player ,legs gone I do not think so in most games he was overworked and trying do the job of 3 players .

My opinion UTV 

Archived