Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Advert:


Frank is ‘head of coaching development’, although I’m not sure what the difference is between that and ‘head of coaching’. To be honest I haven’t a clue how our youth set up currently works. Is Mick Ede still at the club? 
 

This is the article about Frank’s role:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/august/frank-sinclair-head-of-coach-development/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Powerline said:

Frank is ‘head of coaching development’, although I’m not sure what the difference is between that and ‘head of coaching’. To be honest I haven’t a clue how our youth set up currently works. Is Mick Ede still at the club? 
 

This is the article about Frank’s role:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/august/frank-sinclair-head-of-coach-development/

Ede left in the summer i think

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing Sinclair, Griffith and Paynter will be coaching at the academy as per their job description when they were hired. But with a new director of football running his eye over things I'm guessing everyone's position is open to flux until next season begins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


26 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I'm guessing Sinclair, Griffith and Paynter will be coaching at the academy as per their job description when they were hired. But with a new director of football running his eye over things I'm guessing everyone's position is open to flux until next season begins

Billy is currently still involved with the first team and looks like it’ll be permanent. Frank and griff have gone back to the youth team. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

But to fair everyone has to start a job at some point. If everyone only ever appointed experienced employees there would be no chance of anyone getting into a new career.

I don't think what anyone did as a player (or any sense of lack of loyalty) has much relevance to the same person many years on. There's a piece in the Sentinel about how Darrell Clarke was a self-confessed "joker" as a player. Does that mean he's not now a serious, results-orientated manager because of his actions when he was a youngster?

Billy Paynter may or may not be up to the job but I suspect the club have seen promise in him and if he fails to live up to expectations he will be removed or if he does great he'll continue. I've no doubt they'll be reviewing him right now and seeing how he gets on.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

Possibly having been informed how much Carol thinks of Pugh he's spoken with Danny and taken his advice that Paynter was helpful so promoted him based on that.

Alternatively he sees Sinclair as a more experienced and vocal man to be cracking on in charge of the youth-team whilst Paynter helps puts the cones out for the first team whilst listening to the manager and following orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

Which no one at the club will care about or would even cross their mind. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.
I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away
Clarke has worked with him before so its probably just someone he can trust
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

Whatever the problem was, it was with different employers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

Clarke said that he’d played with Paynter, so I’d imagine it’s a case of him wanting someone around him who he knows in his management team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


3 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I really like the gaffers press conference today.

It’s not only the players that are going to be assessed between now & the end of the season but every coach is too.

Fair play

I was just going say that i heard him say earlier that he MIGHT not bring in his own staff but he did say might because he has to assess the current staff 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, robf said:

But to fair everyone has to start a job at some point. If everyone only ever appointed experienced employees there would be no chance of anyone getting into a new career.

I don't think what anyone did as a player (or any sense of lack of loyalty) has much relevance to the same person many years on. There's a piece in the Sentinel about how Darrell Clarke was a self-confessed "joker" as a player. Does that mean he's not now a serious, results-orientated manager because of his actions when he was a youngster?

Billy Paynter may or may not be up to the job but I suspect the club have seen promise in him and if he fails to live up to expectations he will be removed or if he does great he'll continue. I've no doubt they'll be reviewing him right now and seeing how he gets on.

I can see promise in him as our main striker unless he has retired through injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In respect of Mr Sinclair, I think the choice of words used by Tom Pope in his Sentinel column, whilst open to interpretation, seem to suggest a particular point of view from the players' perspective

He’s also got a very good coaching team here as Danny Pugh and Billy Paynter are assisting him.

You respect the management anyway but in some coaching teams there will be one who does your head in.

One can only speculate as to who "did his head in".

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here



×
×
  • Create New...