onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sinclair

butt lane vale fan

Advert

Frank is ‘head of coaching development’, although I’m not sure what the difference is between that and ‘head of coaching’. To be honest I haven’t a clue how our youth set up currently works. Is Mick Ede still at the club? 

This is the article about Frank’s role:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/august/frank-sinclair-head-of-coach-development/

2 hours ago, Powerline said:

Frank is ‘head of coaching development’, although I’m not sure what the difference is between that and ‘head of coaching’. To be honest I haven’t a clue how our youth set up currently works. Is Mick Ede still at the club? 

This is the article about Frank’s role:

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/august/frank-sinclair-head-of-coach-development/

Ede left in the summer i think

I'm guessing Sinclair, Griffith and Paynter will be coaching at the academy as per their job description when they were hired. But with a new director of football running his eye over things I'm guessing everyone's position is open to flux until next season begins

26 minutes ago, Wrex said:

I'm guessing Sinclair, Griffith and Paynter will be coaching at the academy as per their job description when they were hired. But with a new director of football running his eye over things I'm guessing everyone's position is open to flux until next season begins

Billy is currently still involved with the first team and looks like it’ll be permanent. Frank and griff have gone back to the youth team. 

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

But to fair everyone has to start a job at some point. If everyone only ever appointed experienced employees there would be no chance of anyone getting into a new career.

I don't think what anyone did as a player (or any sense of lack of loyalty) has much relevance to the same person many years on. There's a piece in the Sentinel about how Darrell Clarke was a self-confessed "joker" as a player. Does that mean he's not now a serious, results-orientated manager because of his actions when he was a youngster?

Billy Paynter may or may not be up to the job but I suspect the club have seen promise in him and if he fails to live up to expectations he will be removed or if he does great he'll continue. I've no doubt they'll be reviewing him right now and seeing how he gets on.

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

I wonder what Billy Paynters done in such a short time at the club to be given a chance of being a first team.

I remember him & Sam Collins basically downing tools at Vale to force a move away

Possibly having been informed how much Carol thinks of Pugh he's spoken with Danny and taken his advice that Paynter was helpful so promoted him based on that.

Alternatively he sees Sinclair as a more experienced and vocal man to be cracking on in charge of the youth-team whilst Paynter helps puts the cones out for the first team whilst listening to the manager and following orders.

5 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Whatever the problem was, it was with different employers.

5 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Clarke said that he’d played with Paynter, so I’d imagine it’s a case of him wanting someone around him who he knows in his management team.

3 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

I really like the gaffers press conference today.

It’s not only the players that are going to be assessed between now & the end of the season but every coach is too.

Fair play

I was just going say that i heard him say earlier that he MIGHT not bring in his own staff but he did say might because he has to assess the current staff 

11 hours ago, robf said:

But to fair everyone has to start a job at some point. If everyone only ever appointed experienced employees there would be no chance of anyone getting into a new career.

I don't think what anyone did as a player (or any sense of lack of loyalty) has much relevance to the same person many years on. There's a piece in the Sentinel about how Darrell Clarke was a self-confessed "joker" as a player. Does that mean he's not now a serious, results-orientated manager because of his actions when he was a youngster?

Billy Paynter may or may not be up to the job but I suspect the club have seen promise in him and if he fails to live up to expectations he will be removed or if he does great he'll continue. I've no doubt they'll be reviewing him right now and seeing how he gets on.

I can see promise in him as our main striker unless he has retired through injury.

Archived