• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Crowd Noise

JohnJames

Advert:

Correct with us. Been largely silent home and away for a while. Dunno why. Even in games like Walsall last year when we took 2k+, it was very dry. The 2nd goal yielded celebrations less wild than those you see at Gala Bingo.

SVA as a chant has just become the go-to, as no one can be arsed singing anything else/coming up with something new. I was getting a bit tired of hearing it pre-lockdown, I can't lie. Come on Vale + SVA on repeat. 3 word chants. 

Sometimes it gets decent at Vale Park but the crowd tend to react to a spirited performance, as opposed to driving the players on pre-emptively.

Stoke live off singing Delilah loudly pre-match when they were in the Prem and then sit mute for 90 minutes. Whenever I've been up, it's like a morgue. A few 'come on stoke COME ON STOKE', but an atmosphere comparable to Vale Park mostly.

Smaller compact grounds will get a "Louder" atmosphere ie. The Wham stadium generates an atmosphere but they are standing behind the goal like the old days, same at Crewe, the Vale crowd is as passionate and partisan as anyones, but spread out thinly, back in the day the Bycars would get rowdy especially when the team were attacking that goal but once the seats went in and you couldn't get alcohol  and they moved to the paddock, something was lost.

Of course if we saw attractive winning football then the atmosphere would improve, but that would take time. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Correct with us. Been largely silent home and away for a while. Dunno why. Even in games like Walsall last year when we took 2k+, it was very dry. The 2nd goal yielded celebrations less wild than those you see at Gala Bingo.

SVA as a chant has just become the go-to, as no one can be arsed singing anything else/coming up with something new. I was getting a bit tired of hearing it pre-lockdown, I can't lie. Come on Vale + SVA on repeat. 3 word chants. 

Sometimes it gets decent at Vale Park but the crowd tend to react to a spirited performance, as opposed to driving the players on pre-emptively.

Stoke live off singing Delilah loudly pre-match when they were in the Prem and then sit mute for 90 minutes. Whenever I've been up, it's like a morgue. A few 'come on stoke COME ON STOKE', but an atmosphere comparable to Vale Park mostly.

You missed out "come on Vale these are s**t" from the same bloke at every home game 

That's the real Gem at Vale Park.

Advert:

Archived