onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Euro 2020 (2021) - England

TylerB

Personally happy enough with the squad. Dier isn’t good enough and I’m glad / surprised Southgate hasn’t picked him. Maddison also Dosent deserve a place imo. Too many better players in his position, hasn’t played much and hasn’t overly impressed of late. 

Think I would have gone with konsa over Mings and tomori in the final squad as well. Also probably would have given Bamford a place over watkins. Bit worried with the keepers now pope is injured. 

I’d be starting foden and Bellingham. Two of the best English talents for some time. 

Advert

10 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

When I've seen him in the Champions Lge, Jude Bellingham looked the ball playing, game controlling midfield player that England have been missing for the past umpteen years, hope Southgate plays him in the two friendlies before the tournament to show what he can do.

How many times does Southgate need to see Jesse Lingard in an England shirt to realize he is not good enough at International level.

Surprised Maddison  hasn't been included in the initial 33 man squad.

Hardly surprising after two warnings this season about his discipline,one with Leicester and another with England.Cannot be trusted.

16 hours ago, valeparklife said:

If everyone is fit and on form (4-3-3):

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Mount - Rice - Grealish

Sterling - Kane - Foden

Grealish likes to pose on the ball to get his picture taken or luxuriate in being fouled in no mans land. Slows the game down and he's incompatible with Mount. He has also never played in European club competition. I think when he comes up against a top team he'll be found wanting. However, I get the point of him being there because there is a challenge that the England midfield lacks creativity. The answer maybe that Rice is better and more effective than the lack of ease on the eye he poses. But what he wants to do is also shift the ball quickly and that is incompatible with Grealish. In all football at all levels the challenge to step up is whether a player can use his skills quicker. So at Port Vale say Conlon looks good in League 2 and probably League 1. But go to Championship and he would need to cope with needing to play significantly quicker and could he? 

Last night's Europa League shows what happens when the team can't play quick enough. Rashford found himself stationary on many occasions and unable to do anything with the ball except go back. That is my vision of Grealish when he is properly marked by a top player focusing on him. 

29 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d go with. 

pickford

Walker. Stones. Mcquire. Shaw. 

rice. Bellingham. Mount. 

grealish. Kane. Foden

Stones?Pope would score 40 if he played against him every  week according to someone.

On 27/05/2021 at 09:31, Howjy04 said:

Stones?Pope would score 40 if he played against him every  week according to someone.

I thought Stones was history but he has got back permanently into the Man City team and finds himself in a Champions League final. So he must have improved defensively significantly. Obviously he made a gross error playing for England of the type that was present in his earlier career - day dreaming / concentration. But, well I don't know. We also have Pickford in goal who I rate as about 25% of Gordon Banks, maybe 50% of Ray Clemence. So we may lose out because these two do something catastrophic in a big game. Or because Rashford stands there aimlessly doing nothing on the left wing like he did on Wednesday!

Archived