onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Just wanted do a quick post- i have critised the club and carol a lot this season and rightly so, but carol deserves massive credit for getting things right in terms of flitcroft and darrell clarke. I know we have only won 3 games but what a breath of fresh air its been seeing the way we have turned it around. 

finally having a manager who knows what hes doing and we actually look and sound like a professional club. I am very optimistic for next season now with clarke being able to bring in his own players. 

look at walsall since hes left they criticised him and said he was no good i gurantee they would take him back in a heartbeat now seeing how theyve been since he left and what a good job he must of been doing with that group of players.

I genuinely believe we are on the brink of a very successful time at the club. 

UP THE VALE

Advert

Warning, some people may get offended by what I’m about to say....

Great turnaround over the last three games BUT I’m not going overboard and start making comments about DC / DF being inspirational appointments....yet.

We all know that we are a significantly better side when we have a fit Manny, Monty and Gibbons (I appreciate he hasn’t featured in the last 3) in the side, to the extent that we can literally beat anyone in the division (a la Exeter away, Bolton away).

So I think an upturn was likely as we started to get our better players back especially as we always seem to play better when the pitches are drier.

If the season finished now, I would say DC had done what was expected of him. Relegation - and we are not yet assured of our safety - would be a travesty but barring a catastrophic injury crisis we should be ok.

After his first 5/6 games and we’d got, what, 2 points and not scored a goal was anybody calling his appointment inspirational?? Far from it, particularly given the rhetoric seemed to be constantly berating our ‘lack of quality’. 

Now after winning three games on the trot which - by his own admission have been partly through grinding out results - folk on here would have him a the new Messiah. 

Next season will demonstrate whether he’s a inspirational appointment or not, but having made Crookes and Mills look respectable players at this level, the signs are encouraging.

It's always been the case that Clarke will be judged on next season rather than the care minimum of avoiding relegation this season.

But the signs are good and he's already said that top three/seven is the target next season rather than talking <ovf censored> about five year projects and the like.

I'd rather him start crap and then slowly improve the current squad rather than have a good 'new manager bounce' and then coast to a crap finish in April/May.

I think people worshipping Clarke are tongue in cheek.

I'm not seriously saying he's world class or a messiah.

No one is daft enough to make grand conclusions yet. Just a bit of a laugh after a miserable year.

Been impressed with the switch to 3-5-2, and he's got some players playing. I just don't know why he has to be such a tit in interviews. Rude to Bowers just now and always talking over people. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it bothers me.

23 minutes ago, Moz said:

Been impressed with the switch to 3-5-2, and he's got some players playing. I just don't know why he has to be such a tit in interviews. Rude to Bowers just now and always talking over people. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it bothers me.

I think he's just being playful

12 minutes ago, Moz said:

I hope so. I've enjoyed his tactical work, but he could come across better.

Could have said that about Clough, Fergie, Warnock Micky Adams took no prisoners there have been hundreds of posts how rubbish RS are perhaps DC agrees.

Thought this was decent.

The Exeter game was preceded by a minute’s silence in memory of former Vale player Lee Collins following his death, aged 32.

Clarke said: “I touched on it before the game. Our condolences go out to his family. I have come up against Lee as a manager. I said, just make sure we put on a performance that replicates what he was about. He was a winner and I am pleased my lads have been able to do that.

“So, we dedicate that to his family.”

He’s clearly motivated a team that had no confidence or direction. If he can do that from the start of next season with his own squad then there’s no reason we shouldn’t be aiming high.

the teams likely going up / down are going to make this league weaker than it already is in my opinion and it’s there to be had.

Archived