Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert:

On 17/02/2021 at 16:46, Emile said:

Theres a hell of a lot of games between now and end of season - hes not come here to shuffle along and try to keep us up. 

We'll finish above Walsall this season. 

No way, they’ve got a plan.

On 15/04/2021 at 09:56, cactuselves said:

Math's was never my strong point!! The stark contrast between Askeys last 13 and DCs first 13 is still clear though. Look at the form table...

image.png.51bb7ff121803787fec43af54ca8492f.png

image.png

relative form is unreal

For some reason it keeps posting the relative form table in twice even when I completely delete it in the edit. Posting images obviously isn't my strong point either!

image.png

I think the point is...and the difference between the 2 teams - under JA, if we scored first we didn't expect to win; if we went behind we expected to lose. After DC's first games, where the improvement was obvious, we have moved to - we expect to win!

• Like 2

On 15/04/2021 at 23:47, Wrex said:

Clarke hadn't met Crosby before so I'm guessing as head of recruitment Flitcroft would have been the one to find him. I'd imagine Clarke would have said "I want an assistant who is x,y and z" and Flitcroft went and identified Crosby and asked Clarke if he was happy to work with him.

It is Flitcroft's job after all.

But credit too for Clarke for identifying what was needed on the coaching staff and being prepared to trust the process and working with someone he didn't know.

And, if this is how the new set-up works, I'm delighted and the future is orange...or rosy...even green - whichever!

Advert:

Let’s remember all the positivity if DC goes on a losing run / makes any mistakes / signs a few duds.

a few little issues in the summer and beyond is preferable to financial cliff edges and footballing free fall.

• Like 3

Adam Crosby is a must to sign a contract he and Clarke have turned the vale season round they have instilled the work ethic into which this team is performing at.They have give the vale supporters the hope that better times are ahead of us all next season cannot wait for august so we can compete at the top end of this division COME ON THE VALE.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2021 at 11:56, Hoppers said:

great point - we have all got to be in it for the long haul - its amazing what the owners are trying to achieve, but Rome wasn't built in a day as they say

The Romans are still building the Coliseum.😀

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The Romans are still building the Coliseum.😀

I will let my grand kids be in it for the long haul i'v done my shift i want promotion next season and i think we are on the right track to do it.The long hard years from 1954 to Norman Low to John Rudge to Micky Adams and now the Shanahans era it just feels we are in a good place at last and long may it continue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Not sure whether this has been mentioned...or happened? Surely. DC must be nailed-on for Manager of the Month?  

There are still fixtures to play for other teams on Tuesday but yes, has to go to Clarke

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Wrex said:

There are still fixtures to play for other teams on Tuesday but yes, has to go to Clarke

Thank you - hoped I hadn't missed it. Incredible to think that, probably until that next round of matches we can still, mathematically (however unlikely!!) make the play-offs!!

10 hours ago, hamilboy said:

I will let my grand kids be in it for the long haul i'v done my shift i want promotion next season and i think we are on the right track to do it.The long hard years from 1954 to Norman Low to John Rudge to Micky Adams and now the Shanahans era it just feels we are in a good place at last and long may it continue.

That is football, what some in the US do not understand, ups and downs with 92 or more teams.  I have had a good shift too, I consider the Vale a mid L1 team, seen spells above and below,  at present I see us on the rise maybe a  Championship visit in 4 years. Fond memories of Norman Low.

• Thanks 1

Advert:

11 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Adam Crosby is a must to sign a contract he and Clarke have turned the vale season round they have instilled the work ethic into which this team is performing at.They have give the vale supporters the hope that better times are ahead of us all next season cannot wait for august so we can compete at the top end of this division COME ON THE VALE.

and if that fails we should get his brother Andy tied down to a contract.

• Haha 3