Darrell Clarke

valefan16

27 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

And that’s big but in all of this. One thing we need to improve is the quality of our replacements. The likes of Mills, Whitehead, Burgess etc make the team weaker and this is a problem when you get injuries and suspensions. 
I like Manny but in his 9 seasons in football (non league and league) he’s barely averaging 17 games a season which is not enough.

Last season Burgess was a decent enough replacement - this season he hasn't been. The same really goes for Taylor. Are both suffering second season syndrome,  which happens frequently; or did both just have one-off decent seasons, which also happens frequently. 

Advert:

Advert:

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Clarke's interviews are a lot more palatable when we're winning.  He still needs to learn not to interupt.

He’s more Clough like for me , I’m half expecting him to say Nathan Smith Phillip 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
42 minutes ago, Andyregs said:
What happened to us when we last had a striker having a freak season.

Not related to the number of chances created by the rest of the team? Seem to remember our record scoring team spread the scoring about.

No idea, we we were close to throwing it away when popes goals dried up. Luckily we had Lee Hughes as well. Obviously for a striker to be scoring, the team has to be providing, but he was scoring from places you would never expect at times. I just think that in this league you need to be organised, fit and have someone scoring goals. 

Advert:

11 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

27 goals already this season and he’s no good??🥸

Lets be honest here though,if we had signed him in the summer there would be a fair few complaining at signing a player with a poor record,he is however having one of those seasons and will be in high demand in the summer

27 goals already this season and he’s no good??🥸

It took him three seasons score that many at Morecambe. He’s never been prolific, simply having the season of his career. No surprise neither that Cambridge have been awarded more penalties than anybody else in League Two this season. I wonder who their penalty taker is???
  • Like 1