onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

16 minutes ago, TylerB said:

His record for us is obviously abysmal as of right now, but every game we've lost has been by one goal. 

Ah, that is alright then. All good.  Not as if Askey/Pugh had to deal with injuries. The man is  clearly a genius.

Advert

4 hours ago, toyahw said:

He's a bit rubbish isn't he? And we actually paid for him? Excuse man. Never mind, we will have the best  management set up to ever take a team out of the league. Let us hope the conference awards points for suits, power point  and management speak next season. With the synergy of our project, aligned, and reaching out to our partners - we'll walk it.

We have our own "Agent Jones" clone in Boslem, I'm afraid🤐!Remember him🤔??

Somehow we have to win a game of football sharpish. 

I'm getting sick of the same boring diatribe being spouted.

We as fans are also falling into the same trap. If this had happened if the other had happened. Well guess what it didn't happen. 

Just because we hit the post or if the ball hadn't spun in doesn't make the league table any healthier. 

He's only had Manny for a couple of games is another one.  Well isn't he lucky , this guy has missed about 50 games in 2 seasons so if we are holding our hopes out on him we are stuffed . 

Everything stinks to high heaven at the moment and has done for months yet as I predicted in a comment in January we've sleepwalked into this situation with people in denial. This includes the owners for all their wonderful work. 

Another January transfer window with players signed NOT by the manager . Once is unfortunate twice is a disgrace. 

Oh well IF we have a bit of luck and IF others don't win we might take it to game 44.

What an absolute car crash 

28 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

We as fans are also falling into the same trap. If this had happened if the other had happened. Well guess what it didn't happen. 

Just because we hit the post or if the ball hadn't spun in doesn't make the league table any healthier. 

He's only had Manny for a couple of games is another one.  Well isn't he lucky , this guy has missed about 50 games in 2 seasons so if we are holding our hopes out on him we are stuffed . 

Everything stinks to high heaven at the moment and has done for months yet as I predicted in a comment in January we've sleepwalked into this situation with people in denial. This includes the owners for all their wonderful work. 

Another January transfer window with players signed NOT by the manager . Once is unfortunate twice is a disgrace. 

Oh well IF we have a bit of luck and IF others don't win we might take it to game 44.

An excellent post Darren and carol has to take a lot of the blame for dithering for to long 

I have no faith in Clarke. He reminds me of Lee Sinnott, talking a good game but manages like a headless chicken.

I don't buy into "it is not hid squad" theory. He had his own players at Walsall and only won one more game than John Askey yet we thought we should pay a six figure sum for someone who was doing no better. The recruitment was poor under Askey but I feel that if he was still in charge we would be in a better league position, probably the case with Pugh too. DC seems to have completely knocked any confidence out of some of the players. To be fair some players look better, primarily the defence, but our creative players look shadows of their former selves. Conlon is probably the obvious one.

From the evidence we see it was a poor selection and I have no faith in him. I really hope I'm proven wrong very quickly.

People seem to think that running a football club is like turning on and off a switch.

We were doing OK under V2001, then Norman took over.

We were still on an upward trajectory for a while but Normans ineptitude and self interest brought us into freefall.

Carol has come in and we have started to improve but are still reaping the benefits of Normans mismanagement.

Hopefully we have bottomed out but it will take a while to get the nose of the plane up again after such a steep dive.

2 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Football is a very simple game.Clarke makes it look difficult.He needs to realise he is managing limited footballers.

Too simple for some of our players pass and move some have difficulty putting one foot in front of the other put a ball between their feet and they are completely lost.

6 hours ago, toyahw said:

Ah, that is alright then. All good.  Not as if Askey/Pugh had to deal with injuries. The man is  clearly a genius.

Never implied that it was alright. But when you're relying on the likes of Robinson, Guthrie and Rodney to score goals and win you games, it doesn't matter what manager is in charge. You're not polishing a <ovf censored> and you're not getting blood from a stone. I didn't even want us to go near Clarke in the first place, but he's been up <ovf censored> creek without a paddle the first day he walked into the club.

Spot on mate. Also his motivational skills are beyond ridiculous.
When this is over and hopefully we have survived he has a massive job on his hands. A hand to prove to everyone that he isn't just full of it and a blagger.
He will have no where to hide and the convieniant excuse after excuse. Time will tell.
In the meantime we can't score a goal and look beyond desperate.

30 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

People seem to think that running a football club is like turning on and off a switch.

We were doing OK under V2001, then Norman took over.

We were still on an upward trajectory for a while but Normans ineptitude and self interest brought us into freefall.

Carol has come in and we have started to improve but are still reaping the benefits of Normans mismanagement.

Hopefully we have bottomed out but it will take a while to get the nose of the plane up again after such a steep dive.

You post some absolute rubbish. 

2003–04 Port Vale F.C. season

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigation Jump to search
Port Vale
2003–04 season
Owner Valiant 2001
Chairman Bill Bratt
Manager Brian Horton
(until 12 February)
Martin Foyle
(from 13 February)
Stadium Vale Park
Football League Second Division 7th (73 Points)
FA Cup Second Round
(knocked out by Scarborough)
League Cup First Round
(knocked out by Nottingham Forest)
League Trophy First Round
(knocked out by Scarborough)
Player of the Year Stephen McPhee
Top goalscorer League: Stephen McPhee (25)
All: Stephen McPhee (27)

The 2003–04 season was Port Vale's 92nd season of football in the English Football League, and fourth successive season (41st overall) in the Second Division. (Now the Championship)

Was this not better than where we are now?

32 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Great post

We are also not creating any chances yet people seem to think that Pope is going to comeback and miraculously  start putting away the chances we are not creating 

Not sure how true as not checked stats and stuff but haven't we created something like 33 chances in 2 games and 10 or 12 on target?? before you say it thats not me sticking up for DC as i am as annoyed as you are at the moment,i have never said he was the best choice because for me he wasn't and maybe isn't,my argument is the constant slating of him since day one... for me at this moment in time in the position we are in i have chose to back him and hope that he quickly manages to turn it around

Archived