onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

10 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Or how about this stat, he turned a league one team into a mid table league 2 team 

They were in League 2 when he took over, so again this is not correct. He's never managed Walsall in League 1.

He also took a Conference side (League 2 to be pedantic, as he had 8 games before they were relegated) to League 1.

It's clear you've made your mind up on the man six games in, which is your prerogative. I'm not enamoured but am happy to give him more time. It's just that the '6 wins argument' and 'League 1 to League 2' are both not factual and shouldn't be used to criticise him.

I'm happy for you to use no wins in 6, not many goals scored etc etc. 

Advert

2 hours ago, Wrex said:

Managers often say "judge me when I leave the club". But you're saying that Walsall nearly going into non-league a couple of months after Clarke goes means that he's done a good job there?!

I think he means they have sank like a stone since he left maybe?

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

My apologies. It was only 8 games he won not 6, so, your fundamentally wrong for suggesting Walsall were play off contenders until he left them

6 points off the play offs after 29 games with 6 defeats i think it was, for me would make you a play off contender dont you agree? 

Bolton and Bradford have got in there so what says Walsall wouldn't under DC? nothing says they would either tbf but imo they had more chance when he was there.

As i have said before,DC was nowhere on my list of choices but i dont get the full on slating of him at every opportunity sink or swim he is our manager now like him or not so he will get my 100% backing and i certainly wont begin to judge until his players are here,he has had a pre-season and next season has started.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

I never said he did manage them in league 1

Last point from me on this as it's falling into pedantry; in this case, he didn't turn a League 1 side into a League 2 side then, did he?

You could say he took over a League 2 side and failed to promote them, which could be constituted as a failure without knowing the financial situation, but you made it sound as if he relegated them.

There are valid criticisms of Clarke for sure (lack of goals, playing Robinson and Whitehead, no wins, excuses), but you aren't using them. 

Not in contention though with only 8 wins. 

I like some things you post on here but you haven't taken to DC after 6 games(what chance would any manager get here) BUT to say that a team only 6 points off the play offs weren't in contention after 29 games even with 8 wins is just mad imo

3 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

8 wins in 29 games??? Are you seriously suggesting they were play off contenders with only 8 wins in 29 games?? Where were the other wins going to come from.

So, Clarke’s record this season stands at 8 wins in 35 games - superb

Sorry looking back it was 8 in 26

Just out of interest does anyone know how many wins Bolton and Bradford had after 25/26 games just to compare please?

He did a great job at Bristol Rovers, it's far too early to judge him now. Constantly chopping and changing helps no one. Give the bloke some time, let him get rid of some dead wood and bring in his own players then Vale will take off. This season is about staying up, if its possible with the dross we have.

It’s crazy to suggest otherwise.

8 wins?????????

6 defeats???????

You are starting to look a little silly here now saying a team only 6 points off would not be in contention but hey ho each to there own.

I am looking forward to your comments later today when as i predict we will lose.

Eddie 

Last season draws cost us a play off place, I think ( stand to be corrected ) we lost less than everyone bar possibly Swindon. 

Clarke clearly made Walsall hard to beat and they maybe just lacked that killer touch. 

I would say 6 points behind the play offs with 10 games left is perfectly doable. So the fact they were 6 behind with 20 odd left meant they had a chance. 

I'm not sure of the point you are making apart from you aren't a Clarke fan 

Archived