1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

Exactly, it’s wins that count

Yes but we were in contention with a low win ratio. We had 9 games to rectify it.

Walsall had 20 

Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

Just now, Eddie Ford said:

So not winning football games then, great

I'd stick to FIFA if i was you....................

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Your looking a right twonk by saying someone is in contention for a play off place by only winning 8 games

Wow just wow

Who other than Adams was your choice for manager? Adams was 100% my choice but all this anti DC is very silly nice to see you have given him a chance after 6 games with us,no doubt when we lose today you wont be able to contain yourself before jumping back on this thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eddie Ford said:

I would stick with watch Stoke City if I was you

You mention a good example there Jones was losing games hand over fist they couldnt buy a win O Neill comes in and tightens up the defence stops giving easy cheap goals away and then builds on that foundation nowt wrong with that.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Wow just wow

Who other than Adams was your choice for manager? Adams was 100% my choice but all this anti DC is very silly nice to see you have given him a chance after 6 games with us,no doubt when we lose today you wont be able to contain yourself before jumping back on this thread

Spot on.

The fact we paid compensation made me a bit disappointed it wasn't Adams, who knows if he was either interviewed or even interested . 

I'd suggest he would of been as was Clarke.

I'm struggling to understand the reluctance to even give Clarke some leeway by some people. His record at Vale is awful, no getting away from it. But many extenuating circumstances and also undeserved results. We deserve 3 more points minimum, 1 v Cambridge and 2 v Oldham. 

He's trying to polish a <ovf censored> with an unbalanced injury prone squad with zero confidence. Can't believe he's not cut at least some slack. 

Yes he has to get a result soon but back the bloke and the team as was requested yesterday. 

I'm prepared today not to criticise Mills or Guthrie etc, we have to support them even through gritted teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since Bruno we've had three managers come and go - Brown, Aspin and Askey - and after they left us struggling near the bottom of League Two they've failed to get another job in management.

If Clarke fails here then he'll also struggle to get another league job. So the owners, players, coaches and management are all fighting for their lives right now. Let's try and get behind them.

• Like 5

Well this thread has descended into a little bit of a farce.....

I think we get it Eddie you're not happy with DC appointment and you don't think a team 6 points from the play offs are in the hunt. How many games the team has won to be 6 points from the play offs after 25+ games is irrelevant as an argument. I would give me right bollock to be 6 points away from the playoffs.

• Like 2

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Since Bruno we've had three managers come and go - Brown, Aspin and Askey - and after they left us struggling near the bottom of League Two they've failed to get another job in management.

If Clarke fails here then he'll also struggle to get another league job. So the owners, players, coaches and management are all fighting for their lives right now. Let's try and get behind them.

Brown on TV and radio nearly as much as Alex Scott .

No idea what the interpretation of expert pundit is given his time at Vale !! 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Just glad to see you called out of the Stoke City fan that you are 

Nurse Nurse he's out of bed again..........................

Advert:

Posted (edited)

He's a bit rubbish isn't he? And we actually paid for him? Excuse man. Never mind, we will have the best  management set up to ever take a team out of the league. Let us hope the conference awards points for suits, power point  and management speak next season. With the synergy of our project, aligned, and reaching out to our partners - we'll walk it.

Edited by toyahw
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

His record for us is obviously abysmal as of right now, but every game we've lost has been by one goal. As much as Pope's best days are behind him, had he been available we probably would have got 3 or 4 more points from Clarke's six games. He's also had to do without Oyeleke and Worrall for a couple of games. These are massive players for us. Take a few best players from any other side in the league at the same time and they would struggle. Keeping us in games is about the best he or anyone could do with the abysmal squad of players we have. John Askey has as good as ruined us with his recruitment last summer.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, TylerB said:

His record for us is obviously abysmal as of right now, but every game we've lost has been by one goal. 

Ah, that is alright then. All good.  Not as if Askey/Pugh had to deal with injuries. The man is  clearly a genius.

• Like 1