3 hours ago, Jacob_123 said:

Our fans are such dinosaurs we actually deserve to be bottom of the 4th division forevermore

Ah we deserve to be bottom of the 4th division because we have a different view on a DOF. Get a bloody grip. As I posted earlier I guess the other 75% of teams are all dinosaurs then as they don’t have a DOF. It may work it may not. People thinking that getting a DOF when we are in the middle of a Covid 19 and funds are supposedly tight and more importantly it the midst of a relegation battle don’t deserve the club to be in this position. 

I suppose just because you like a DOF that means you deserve the club to be in the premiership because it is sooooo forward thinking?  

Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

The following shows how good Stevenage have become recently... people expected us to get points there just because they are Stevenage.

The run of games DC has had to start is horrendous... let’s see where we are after 5 more 

972E776C-3B1B-4A0C-AC3F-2933F4ADD679.jpeg

Impressive how they’ve turned it around. They were truly dreadful when they beat us earlier in the season. Probably a decent point given their form but still a lacklustre showing. Wonder if the signing of ex vale chris lines has had an impact on their form, looked streets ahead of our midfield 

4 hours ago, Swifty said:

Walsall fan in peace. 

A crying shame what is happening at both of our clubs just now.  Twenty years ago we were playing each other in the second tier, now here we both are on the fringes of a fight for our league status.  No joy in any of that for anyone.

Clarke is seen by us lot as an odd choice for you to poach.  You’ll have seen many Walsall fans in slight disbelief that we got paid compensation rather than having to pay him on his way out. I understand what your board see in him.  We were delighted with his appointment when he joined and we loved his straight talking no nonsense approach.  He was given a decent budget and brought in five experienced players who were to combine with youngsters to navigate our way out of this league in the right direction.  It obviously went very wrong.  He had a bit of bad luck with injuries but 80% of it all going wrong was him.

He tactically twists and turns as much as he does verbally.  Pretty rubbish footballers trying to get their head around formation number three in a game and formation twelve in a month.  To begin with you enjoy him frankly calling out unacceptable performances and even individuals.  You then realise he is happy for a torch to be shone every which way but at himself.

He said he left us because you had a better squad.  Debatable, but our squad are 95% his signings as is his old assistant who is now enjoying a similar start in his new job to the guy he worked alongside from Salisbury onwards.  

I hope that when Flitcroft or whomever interviewed him, they asked him how he likes the game played - his football philosophy if you will.  I’d love to know the answer beyond “winning - it’s about winning, I’m a winner, I get out of bed to win” like one of those awful Apprentice candidates.  

I genuinely hope to be at Vale Park for a league fixture next year and it would be a better occasion if we were both at the right end of things.  If in the meantime you spot the “Clarke way” please post it on here because it really is a conundrum we never got to solve in eighteen long months.

Straight question.  Why the obsession with your previous manager?  Move on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Impressive how they’ve turned it around. They were truly dreadful when they beat us earlier in the season. Probably a decent point given their form but still a lacklustre showing. Wonder if the signing of ex vale chris lines has had an impact on their form, looked streets ahead of our midfield 

They have made some quality signings. Makes a huge difference. They brought back Tom Pett from Lincoln who is excellent for league 2, Lines and loaned Matty Stevens from Forest Green, plus a number of other quality additions.

We got Guthrie.....and Swan who may come good. 

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Straight question.  Why the obsession with your previous manager?  Move on.

Not obsessed.  Just interested in whether it was us or it was him.

But I’ll consider myself moved on. 👋👋

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

They have made some quality signings. Makes a huge difference. They brought back Tom Pett from Lincoln who is excellent for league 2, Lines and loaned Matty Stevens from Forest Green, plus a number of other quality additions.

We got Guthrie.....and Swan who may come good. 

Pretty much says it all

The Walsall view seems fairly unanimous. Let's be fair he probably wouldn't have jumped ship to come here if everything was going well there.

I'd be interested in hearing a Bristol Rovers fan or two to give their thoughts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swifty said:

Thanks for the info Swifty. Come on here anytime. 

• Like 1

Welcome to OVF Swifty and thank you for your considered thoughts on our new Manager 😄

Good luck for the rest of the season and, like yourself, hope we meet up next season still in the Football League. 

Advert:

2 hours ago, Swifty said:

You're expressing your "interest" in the wrong place, try the Gas Works forum.  I'm sure you'll find a far more informed response there than here, where we' can't possibly have formed a concrete opinion after a mere handful of games observing Clarke managing an injury ravaged, poorly assembled, largely out of form squad, non of whom are his own choosing, and with no chance to improve personnel until the summer.

Bye. 🙋‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You're expressing your "interest" in the wrong place, try the Gas Works forum.  I'm sure you'll find a far more informed response there than here, where we' can't possibly have formed a concrete opinion after a mere handful of games observing Clarke managing an injury ravaged, poorly assembled, largely out of form squad, non of whom are his own choosing, and with no chance to improve personnel until the summer.

Bye. 🙋‍♂️

🙈

On 06/03/2021 at 23:43, TJHValiant said:

...My biggest concern is that Askey may well have been a better man manager and coach than Clarke, even if he was hopeless at buying players...

If he were a better man manager, why did the team seem to implode?

On 07/03/2021 at 08:54, Frank Mustard said:
On 06/03/2021 at 22:00, Jacko51 said:
 New fitness guy already in place and new recruitment guy on the way. 

Just a pity it's all a bit too late.

It's never too late to get players fit!

• Like 1

On 07/03/2021 at 00:47, andy jones said:

Quite simp!y.. 

you don't try to build a castle when stood on quicksand.

...So I built a third (castle). That burned down, fell over and then sank into the swamp...

Advert:

On 07/03/2021 at 10:25, JohnJames said:

At the end of the day it’s her money. It’s how the top clubs work. It’s not a bad thing wanting to be a top club. 

'king Hell - an outbreak of commonsense!

• Like 2

On 07/03/2021 at 11:21, Eddie Ford said:

Judge Clarke next season on his signings when they wont be his signings 

Correct - in theory, he will tell Recruitment the players he needs, and it's up to them to find them!

• Like 2