onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

23 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:

Dof doesn't work at this level waste of money in my opinion

Kidderminster Harriers have a director of football two divisions below us. Whether it's necessary is another matter

Advert

Guest Vale at home
3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

New fitness guy already in place and new recruitment guy on the way. 

I do just hope they can make the Vale team . Start to work hard and keep the vale from relegation. Vale fans are so worried. Come on the vale now .please 3 points on Tuesday night . 

Guest Vale at home
On 25/02/2021 at 11:32, robf said:

Hi folks,

Just slightly off topic but to point out the rules.

This is a forum and people will disagree with each other. 

When you joined the forum you agreed with the terms and conditions which explained you should not use swearing and personal insults if you disagree with someone. 

If you find you cannot get on with another user there is an "Ignore" feature which is explained at the bottom of every page. 

If you feel another user has engaged in personal abuse please report their post (again explained at the bottom of every page). The admin team will review and take appropriate action.

Thanks,

Rob

I agree . Well said Rob . 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I agree.  however I’m struggling to see the benefit of a DOF here. Why not just get appoint another member of staff to handle recruitment why do we need the DOF to do this as well? 

The DOF is the head of football, so that it all fits together and decides how and where it should go.  It may well be that the  Recruitment Manager takes over the function of the Head Scout, leg work, screening of the First Team manager looking for players, etc thus enabling  him to concentrate on games.

The main reason we are doing badly is the players are <ovf censored>. Whether nobody, Flitcroft or The right honourable DOF 2021 national champ of champs is in charge, that can’t change until the summer.

His is a long term project, not to make Robinson into Harry Kane in a month.

I agree.  however I’m struggling to see the benefit of a DOF here. Why not just get appoint another member of staff to handle recruitment why do we need the DOF to do this as well? 

The clue is literally in the name. A director of football oversees every bit of the football side to make sure it is all running efficiently and to one plan etc

If it’s the job you’re suggesting it would just be called director of recruitment

31 minutes ago, mikey said:

Cheltenham Cambridge and FGR all have a DoF - spot the difference?

I would say in Cambridge’s case bringing in proven quality like Hoolahan made the biggest difference. 

We have avoided the obvious for years. Even a league 2 club needs players a cut above the level they are at and we have a squad full of league 2 at best and plenty of non league guys. 

Archived