Advert:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not read through all the posts but as it's titled "Darrell Clarke", I wanted to post my thoughts. When you come in as a new manager you have to focus on the immediate issues. If you think back to

Players deserve credit for tonight but special shout out to Darrell Clarke for me. He set us up with a game plan that saw us dominate the majority of the first half. We should've been 2 goals to

Heres an idea why dont we judge him on what he does at vale rather than going off the word of previous fans. There are fans that love him like bristol rovers and fans who arent keen of him walsall. Wh

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Fierce cold here, Paul. Coldest in history for Houston. It will warm up by Saturday though. Stay warm. 

You too, fella. Been watching it on CNBC and never seen anything like it that far south.  Reports said millions were without power. Hope it get better soon!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Frank Sinclair isn’t even on the staff page at the moment on the website so not sure if he’s still at PV?

Franks been told to go back to the youth team. I believe he isnt to happy about this so im not sure what will happen with him. Pugh and Paynter will stay with Clarke.

6 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

You too, fella. Been watching it on CNBC and never seen anything like it that far south.  Reports said millions were without power. Hope it get better soon!

Starting to work our way out of it. The power companies have a lot of questions to answer. They were warned about this Arctic  front a few weeks before , but didn’t prepare for it. I’ve never felt that cold in my life, and I’ve been through very cold days in Ireland , England and Oklahoma. The last 5 days have been brutal. Sorry, off topic.Thanks!  UTV 

Edited by Houston Valiant

Advert:

49 minutes ago, Eddie Ford said:

Also liked how he basically had a dig at the old manager by saying the squad was put together with only one way of playing which highlights how out of his depth Askey was in the football league and not wanting to adapt 

Well adaptability is a strength but so is having a system that works and is effective. Just depends on the style of manager and what he prioritizes

15 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Also liked how he basically had a dig at the old manager by saying the squad was put together with only one way of playing which highlights how out of his depth Askey was in the football league and not wanting to adapt 

Don’t think that’s a dig, he even said that in his first interview and specifically said it wasn’t a criticism. If a manager has a preferred way of playing then obviously you’re going to recruit players suited to that system.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 3

Good evening fellow Valiants,

One has been away from this exquisite platform for some time so one would hope that you have all been keeping well in these troubled times. Especially one's good friend Jacko.

One won't go into too much detail so cutting a long story short, one was called out to sea to deal with an emergency that only a seasoned Sea Captain like Captain Jeff could deal with.

One would like to take the time though to give one's full support to Mr Clarke and wish him all the best in his quest to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem. One's backing is also extended to Mr Flitcroft in his quest to assist Mr Clarke in their attempt to bring glory back to the streets of Burslem.

All the very best,

Jeff.

Edited by Jeff.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

It was a dig

I disagree. He’s explaining what he’s got to work with and laying the groundwork for big changes in the summer. Because Clarke is going to want players that are more adaptable to other systems. 

• Like 1

Advert:

10 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

It was a dig

It was a smart way of making it clear that he needs new players and putting the squad on notice they need to be flexible.

No benefit of having a dig at all.

In my opinion, It wasn’t a dig.

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 4

Dont care if its a dig or not, look at where we are in the league and the miserable last 5 yrs or more, shake it up and get a winning mentality going, because its missing at the moment.

• Like 2

He’s in a tough spot , with a limited squad in terms of ability. Like he said post match, quality is needed. He won’t get that with this squad, but he will plough on and I believe he will get as much as he can out of them, we’ll be safe, and there will be a clear out during the summer. We need a good spine , which won’t be easy. Hopefully , by September, crowds will be back , the virus will be on it’s way out , and Vale will start to rise again. Easy eh? UTV 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

I like his policy on not discussing injuries before a game. 

Me too.

I also like how upfront he is with the questions reading the transcript of the press conference today.Calls it very honestly where its about Crookes, midfield or squad fitness. Clearly questioning everything and everyone. I imagine there are going to be quite a few lads in that squad who he will upset in the non too distant future.

I don't think it's going to be long before he starts to question the players character and mentality.

Personally I love it. We need a damn good shake up.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 7

Advert:

5 minutes ago, MBE said:

Me too.

I also like how upfront he is with the questions reading the transcript of the press conference today.Calls it very honestly where its about Crookes, midfield or squad fitness. Clearly questioning everything and everyone. I imagine there are going to be quite a few lads in that squad who he will upset in the non too distant future.

I don't think it's going to be long before he starts to question the players character and mentality.

Personally I love it. We need a damn good shake up.

Yep. His explanation of why Crookes played as well, fans don’t like him and overreact about a the decision to play him and the manager comes out and explains why he picked him. Quite refreshing really. 

• Like 1

I've enjoyed listening to him sounds confident in his own ability isn't afraid to call people out or praise them. Seems to analyse the little things which can make a big difference. He's certainly motivated me so you would assume the players are up for it a bit more I just hope he can start getting the results we need

• Like 1