onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

14 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

We’ve conceded 9 goals since Clarke took over. And we’ve scored 13.

Math's was never my strong point!! The stark contrast between Askeys last 13 and DCs first 13 is still clear though. Look at the form table...

image.png.51bb7ff121803787fec43af54ca8492f.png

image.png

relative form is unreal

For some reason it keeps posting the relative form table in twice even when I completely delete it in the edit. Posting images obviously isn't my strong point either!

image.png

Advert

11 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

Math's was never my strong point!! The stark contrast between Askeys last 13 and DCs first 13 is still clear though. Look at the form table...

image.png.51bb7ff121803787fec43af54ca8492f.png

image.png

relative form is unreal

For some reason it keeps posting the relative form table in twice even when I completely delete it in the edit. Posting images obviously isn't my strong point either!

image.png

Love a few stats I do.,.. great post. 

It had completely gone over my head that we are now above Stevenage!

Brilliant work from DC.

17 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

You can use whatever definition of chances you like.

I was agreeing with a poster who said we were unlucky not to win... we dominated them and hit the inside of the post. 3cm to the left and that goes in.

We were unlucky.

You can argue with Eddie all day,he will never have it.... the two home games one was oldham cant remember the other i think we had over 20 shots with 10 or 11 on target they were the stats but he still wouldn't have it,sometimes i just think he likes a wind up 😉 

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

You can argue with Eddie all day,he will never have it.... the two home games one was oldham cant remember the other i think we had over 20 shots with 10 or 11 on target they were the stats but he still wouldn't have it,sometimes i just think he likes a wind up 😉 

It comes down to how people see the game I guess... If Oldham had hit the inside of the post like Conlon had then no doubt the interpretation would have been "we were Lucky to not lose".

Their forum at the time was full of people saying they were lucky to get a draw.

But if you have openly slated the manager and made it clear he isnt who you wanted, then consciously or not you will have a natural bias leading to different interpretations.

We were unlucky in that game... that's for sure!

2 hours ago, Eddie Ford said:

Crosby is the general 

Credit goes to DC for finding him, finding ways to utilise him, assigning him a role that works within the construct of his team and running the ‘Management department’ in a way that gets the best out of everyone.

Well done DC.

Clarke hadn't met Crosby before so I'm guessing as head of recruitment Flitcroft would have been the one to find him. I'd imagine Clarke would have said "I want an assistant who is x,y and z" and Flitcroft went and identified Crosby and asked Clarke if he was happy to work with him.

It is Flitcroft's job after all.

But credit too for Clarke for identifying what was needed on the coaching staff and being prepared to trust the process and working with someone he didn't know.

1 hour ago, Eddie Ford said:

Obviously you can not read because I have given DC credit on the match threads

Will you admit you were unnecessarily negative towards DC for weeks after he became manager and you got it wrong? 

Archived