onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Darrell Clarke

valefan16

Advert

On 16/02/2021 at 17:08, Colin Plant said:

Walsall fan here in peace. I've been watching Walsall for over 45 years so I'd like to think I could give you an honest opinion on Darryl Clarke. Firstly I hope he does well for Vale and he repays the faith your owners have placed in him. When he got the managers job at Walsall we were all as excited as Vale fans are now but it didn't take long for that to dissipate. He did some strange things did Clarke and some of the most frustrating are as follows, he never picked his best team but always picked a team to counter the opposition, I know somehow you have to try and do this but it was at the expense of the attacking side of our play, it also meant he never played a settled team, if the team won one week he very rarely played the same team the next game. Always tinkering with the line up. He regularly played players out of position, natural strikers on the wing, left back at right back etc. He always seemed to have his favourites as well who would somehow get into the team no matter how bad they were playing. Watching Walsall was like groundhog day, every game seemed the same, huffing and puffing in midfield with no real cutting edge and if it wasn't for the fact the opposition were wearing different coloured shirts each week you would think it was a replay of the previous game. These are the main reasons Walsall fans are glad to see the back of him. You can't knock his CV and maybe he will do better in different surroundings, I will watch for vales results with interest. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Interesting to reflect on these comments from a Walsall fan  earlier.Clarke has actually done the opposite, with a generally settled side.Funny old game is football🤔

52 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Interesting to reflect on these comments from a Walsall fan  earlier.Clarke has actually done the opposite, with a generally settled side.Funny old game is football🤔

Read their forum or twitter.. completely deluded.

They refuse to acknowledge that Clarke's time at Walsall was in the context of a club in a spiral and run by a lunatic. Its like the Vale under Smurthwaite... players will find it hard to perform under those circumstances.

They also love to tell you that his signings were rubbish but then go very quiet when its pointed out that he signed Adebayo, Jules, Holden, Osadebe and Clarke.

The fact that they try and pretend they are not bothered about him joining us is genuinely hilarious. 

It's really obvious that Walsall fans have made themselves look incredibly stupid with their comments back when we took Clarke.

They were 6 points off the playoffs, and had only lost 6 times all season.

Now they're 9 points off relegation and have only won 1 since.

It was clear as day that Clarke was massively overachieving with that squad, which shows his managerial quality.

The thing is they’ll want to keep this rivalry going when realistically we’ve got bigger fish to fry and we’re heading in different directions. Pity them, don’t argue with them.

Though Darrell is doing a great job, it’s not just him and him alone. He NEEDS a good assistant and I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again and I’ll probably post it again tomorrow, if we can’t get Crosby signed up we need someone in his style with his experience because that’s the only obvious catalyst I can see that has meshed so well with DCs general good work.

Though Darrell is doing a great job, it’s not just him and him alone. He NEEDS a good assistant and I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again and I’ll probably post it again tomorrow, if we can’t get Crosby signed up we need someone in his style with his experience because that’s the only obvious catalyst I can see that has meshed so well with DCs general good work.

Crosby could be the key signing for next season- unless it’s just coincidence that we massively improved since he joined a few weeks ago

Archived